Welcome to Gaia! ::

Well, since I have trouble finding parties for my Aco, I was thinking about creating a new character, and the Alchemist looks interresting. Would an Alche with str/dex as it's main stats(keeping these two stats about the same) with Vit for defense be a good Idea for an Alchemist that can battle, but still be able to do potions(although not as good as a pure pot maker)? And what of the skills? Can someone help me out on this one?

Edit: I just looked at the skills, and maybe 10 in Axe Mastery, Pot research and prepare potion, 5 in bomb acid and aid, and 4 in either Flora and Marine sphere?
Vit => Shield => One handed Swords.

Axe => crying
Genderless

Axe => crying

even with the Axe Mastery skills, it's better to have a sword+shield?
Like it was mentioned before, you're going to be pretty damn slow using a two-handed axe as a vit build. But you can try it out and see if you can stand the aspd. It might be alright with awakes. Just try a variety of different weapons before settling on one that suits you. If you really like fighting with an axe, then go ahead and get axe mastery. If not, save the points for something else. My chemist goes for daggers and the occasional one handed sword.

If you wish to make pots, you have 20 points right away that need to go into prepare potion and potion research. Having these maxed will boost your success rate. I don't see very many chemists with marine sphere, simply because the materials are a b***h to get ahold of and it's really tricky to use.

If you want to be a little b***h in PvP or WoE, might I suggest acid terror. The materials are cheap and easy, an immortal heart from a verit and an empty bottle. The skill has a chance at breaking equipment. I discovered this during last WoE when the little s**t broke my armor. I'll have to get this on my own chemist now. XD

Summon flora is a very showy skill, but will recieve a boost in a later update, allowing you to summon a geographer at level 5 and other stationary plant monsters at the lower levels. So far, you just get a flora that will bite anything that walks near it. It's hillarious to use in PvP.

I haven't used bomb, but it's hard to make and also tricky to use. It's kinda like a firepillar that can break weapons. If you've ever leveled in magma dungeon 1, you've probably run across this skill.

As for stats, vit is always good, as it will allow you to aid potion for more. Aid potion is definitely a must. You can throw potions at yourself, your party, your guild and any guild allied with yours. Most chemists pick up some int as well. It hasn't been determined whether or not int actually helps in success or not, but it does give you more SP, as pot making takes a lot of it. Also, a lot of int is useful for spamming cart revolution, which is a necessity for merchant classes.

Good luck. I suggest having a decent stockpile of zeny before attempting a chemist, as they are expencive. Most people blow about 1 mil getting started. But they're fun to play with.

Excitable Kitten

14,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Launch Party 100
|MadGodz|
Genderless

Axe => crying

even with the Axe Mastery skills, it's better to have a sword+shield?

Seemingly.

One reason is because you can't use a shield with an axe, and having a shield for extra defense is a good thing.

Also don't know if anyone else noticed this... but my merchant seems to do better with a gladius damage wise than she does with a two-handed axe! WHAT IS WITH THAT? *Points out the high damage difference listed on the weapons*

sweatdrop Hmm wait actually, are all axes two handed? Maybe just the ones I've used...
SleepyKelvina
Like it was mentioned before, you're going to be pretty damn slow using a two-handed axe as a vit build. But you can try it out and see if you can stand the aspd. It might be alright with awakes. Just try a variety of different weapons before settling on one that suits you. If you really like fighting with an axe, then go ahead and get axe mastery. If not, save the points for something else. My chemist goes for daggers and the occasional one handed sword.

If you wish to make pots, you have 20 points right away that need to go into prepare potion and potion research. Having these maxed will boost your success rate. I don't see very many chemists with marine sphere, simply because the materials are a b***h to get ahold of and it's really tricky to use.

If you want to be a little b***h in PvP or WoE, might I suggest acid terror. The materials are cheap and easy, an immortal heart from a verit and an empty bottle. The skill has a chance at breaking equipment. I discovered this during last WoE when the little s**t broke my armor. I'll have to get this on my own chemist now. XD

Summon flora is a very showy skill, but will recieve a boost in a later update, allowing you to summon a geographer at level 5 and other stationary plant monsters at the lower levels. So far, you just get a flora that will bite anything that walks near it. It's hillarious to use in PvP.

I haven't used bomb, but it's hard to make and also tricky to use. It's kinda like a firepillar that can break weapons. If you've ever leveled in magma dungeon 1, you've probably run across this skill.

As for stats, vit is always good, as it will allow you to aid potion for more. Aid potion is definitely a must. You can throw potions at yourself, your party, your guild and any guild allied with yours. Most chemists pick up some int as well. It hasn't been determined whether or not int actually helps in success or not, but it does give you more SP, as pot making takes a lot of it. Also, a lot of int is useful for spamming cart revolution, which is a necessity for merchant classes.

Good luck. I suggest having a decent stockpile of zeny before attempting a chemist, as they are expencive. Most people blow about 1 mil getting started. But they're fun to play with.

thanks, I'll try to add int in the build. And damn, I'm pretty poor, and I intented on making in on Sakray, where it would be my first char there....

Excitable Kitten

14,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Launch Party 100
|MadGodz|

thanks, I'll try to add int in the build. And damn, I'm pretty poor, and I intented on making in on Sakray, where it would be my first char there....

If you're doing this on Sakray wouldn't worry too much, you'll get on your feet fairly fast and people are generally nice there. (Also tons less bots, well not percent wise, but when you have a server with 2000+ people it's more noticable than when you have one with 800 people.)

I can probably help you out some if you want, contact my merchant sometime if you decide such. Her name is Kalavinka

(I've had two alchemists before by the way, one was potion making, the other was battle though in the end didn't end up leveling either past level 56...)

Actually I should leave the ability to contact me more open... you might need to try between all my characters since I don't much feel like struggling with Kalavinka at the moment. ( stare Tanked my hubby to super novice then he just ignores me hmmph...)

Koran - Rogue (She's a good tank)
.Kriv. - Mage (Probably will be deleted later)
Kalavinka - Merchant (For roleplaying once she becomes Blacksmith)
Hitsuji - Archer ( gonk I don't even know why I try.)
Petite Rose - Priestess (She's an okay tank too in the fact she can heal and such)
Yuri Koneko
|MadGodz|

If you're doing this on Sakray wouldn't worry too much, you'll get on your feet fairly fast and people are generally nice there. (Also tons less bots, well not percent wise, but when you have a server with 2000+ people it's more noticable than when you have one with 800 people.)

I can probably help you out some if you want, contact my merchant sometime if you decide such. Her name is Kalavinka

(I've had two alchemists before by the way, one was potion making, the other was battle though in the end didn't end up leveling either past level 56...)

thanks for the tips! And yeah, maybe you'll get a pm sometime. Can't really tell you the char name's yet, since I haven't dicided yet.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff