Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
Before I begin, for those of you who don't have any clue what a Scholar is, it's a Professor. Had to put that in there after finding someone on Valk that only knew it as Professor class.

Anyways, getting to the point, who else has made a Scholar and/or Sorc, and what would you say the advantages of one is over the other.

Also, on a side note, I'll be using this thread to also host a tektek contest. Whoever can make me the best schol/sorc avi will win 50k. Contest will go until I have 10 entries, which will be posted in the second post.

6,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
TEKTEK CONTEST ENTRIES!!!

1. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

GUIDELINES!!!
I will be judging on a variety of things such as closeness to what the characters look like in game/Gravity concept art. Also, while I understand it's cool to have spell effects and Ice Bolt is great, please don't make the avi's too cluttered as it takes away from the character.

PRIZES!!!

1st place: 50k gold
2nd place: 25k gold
3rd place: 10k gold

6,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100

6,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
Damaru the Fallen
Before I begin, for those of you who don't have any clue what a Scholar is, it's a Professor. Had to put that in there after finding someone on Valk that only knew it as Professor class.

Anyways, getting to the point, who else has made a Scholar and/or Sorc, and what would you say the advantages of one is over the other.

Also, on a side note, I'll be using this thread to also host a tektek contest. Whoever can make me the best schol/sorc avi will win 50k. Contest will go until I have 10 entries, which will be posted in the second post.

Big respect to you dude for making a scholar. They always manageto dagger-hump my stalker's butt before I can Bowling Bash them to death.

6,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
Sardonic Haiku
Damaru the Fallen

Big respect to you dude for making a scholar. They always manageto dagger-hump my stalker's butt before I can Bowling Bash them to death.

Lol. Took a while to do. But when you've been a part of Ro for as long as me, you can get the gear to help. lol. I just love abra, best skill ever. Mass yellow gems = MVP hunting. lol. Just have to make sure you have a good group with ya.
Damaru the Fallen
Sardonic Haiku
Damaru the Fallen

Lol. Took a while to do. But when you've been a part of Ro for as long as me, you can get the gear to help. lol. I just love abra, best skill ever. Mass yellow gems = MVP hunting. lol. Just have to make sure you have a good group with ya.

You'll get even more OP as you become a Sorc, They got epic AoE skills.

6,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
Sardonic Haiku
Damaru the Fallen
Sardonic Haiku
Damaru the Fallen

Yea, that's what I've heard. I'm just not sure if I want to go through starting from level 1 again. lol

Spooky Girl

18,525 Points
  • Scary Sampling 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Haunting Echo 75
Damaru the Fallen
Sardonic Haiku
Damaru the Fallen
Sardonic Haiku
Damaru the Fallen

Yea, that's what I've heard. I'm just not sure if I want to go through starting from level 1 again. lol

You don't start over again to go Sorcerer. You start from 99/1 and go to 150/50.

6,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
Sweet Peppermint Tea
Damaru the Fallen
Sardonic Haiku
Damaru the Fallen
Sardonic Haiku
Damaru the Fallen

You don't start over again to go Sorcerer. You start from 99/1 and go to 150/50.

Well, I know it sounds rediculous, but if I was to make a sorc, I'd start over a new char. Only because I've put a LOT of time into my prof to make him an uber MVP spawner and hunter. I know that sorc would give me better skills and all, but I've had the schol for a loooonnnggg time. I remember the old days of RO when all people did for a while was farm cyfar's at orcs, before the kafra shop was around, and heck, before trans classes. So for me, it's more of a nostalgia thing.

Spooky Girl

18,525 Points
  • Scary Sampling 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Haunting Echo 75
Damaru the Fallen
Sweet Peppermint Tea
Damaru the Fallen
Sardonic Haiku
Damaru the Fallen

Well, I know it sounds rediculous, but if I was to make a sorc, I'd start over a new char. Only because I've put a LOT of time into my prof to make him an uber MVP spawner and hunter. I know that sorc would give me better skills and all, but I've had the schol for a loooonnnggg time. I remember the old days of RO when all people did for a while was farm cyfar's at orcs, before the kafra shop was around, and heck, before trans classes. So for me, it's more of a nostalgia thing.

I've been around since open beta, bro, so I understand the nostalgia thing. But really, there's no point to starting a new character to do exactly what you've been doing with this one. It's cool if you go perma-scholar, you don't actually have to go Sorcerer if you don't want to.

6,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
Sweet Peppermint Tea
Damaru the Fallen
Sweet Peppermint Tea
Damaru the Fallen
Sardonic Haiku
Damaru the Fallen

I've been around since open beta, bro, so I understand the nostalgia thing. But really, there's no point to starting a new character to do exactly what you've been doing with this one. It's cool if you go perma-scholar, you don't actually have to go Sorcerer if you don't want to.

That's part of the problem. lol. I want to be scholar for when I'm MVPing, but I also want a sorc for PVP. I'm just afraid that i wouldn't be able to do both in one very well.

Romantic Werewolf

7,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Well i took a shot at it since i havent seen anyone else try....I tried to find some items that made it look similiar but ya....i hope you like it atleast...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

6,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
Kain Ravenlock
Well i took a shot at it since i havent seen anyone else try....I tried to find some items that made it look similiar but ya....i hope you like it atleast...

It looks quite good. I'll add ya to the list. Don't forget, you could always try for a sorcerer avi as well.

Romantic Werewolf

7,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Damaru the Fallen
Kain Ravenlock

It looks quite good. I'll add ya to the list. Don't forget, you could always try for a sorcerer avi as well.

Sounds good i'll probably do that one later tonight

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces