Welcome to Gaia! ::

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

bonerblaster
Knightrix

Done and Done. Yeah, I'd spoken to a number of people across the site who were familiar with Smite, but noticed that there wasn't any sort of go-to thread for it. That's been remedied now, so I suppose we'll just have to wait and see if it catches on.

and finish my grind to 30 before march...

I see, I see. You hear about Kali's remodel/rework? I hope she turns out to be amazing. I loooove Kali.

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

W03fu1
bonerblaster

Unfortunately, I do not and even if I did, I would not buy it. I dedicate myself to the "mage" type champions just as I do in League of Legends. They're what I love and what I excel at. Anyway, that new skin for He Bo makes him look incredible but I think the one god that really needs it is Agni. If they have not already, they need to buff him up as well.

Agni is one of the Gods that can outzone He Bo, who is considered one of the best mages. Agni has an escape, nuke, dot damadge, and stack ult that all have stun potential. He needs a nerf if anything.

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

W03fu1
Knightrix

Listing what he's capable of does not tell me anything other than what he's capable of. A lot of gods, especially the mage types, have similar abilities. Is he able to "outzone" (whatever that means) other characters? Because excelling against one hardly demands a nerf.

Many mages in Smite don't have an escape. They have buffs/debuffs that may help them escape, such as a speed buff or a slow, but I'm not sure if that counts as one, as opposed to someone with a jump and such. Since we've mentioned He Bo, he has a skill which throws out a narrow row of water which allows him and allies to move faster, and those chasing behind, move slower, only if they're right behind him. His ult also has a decent escape doing massive damage.

And when I say out zone, I mean having a far greater range of attacking than other Gods, which is why he's so amazing at mid lane. He Bo has amazing burst, but you have to be at a certain distance, like most mages. Agni can keep you camped at a tower while he clears waves.

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

W03fu1
Knightrix

On the contrary, I have escaped more times simply by speeding away than using an ability that may or may not be designed for that particular purpose. Whether or not the majority are willing to classify the speed boosts as such is irrelevant. I am well aware of what He Bo is capable of so I will have to politely request that you not make the assumption that I am ignorant of the gods and their abilities unless stated otherwise. Then you should do the same until he moves away from the tower and either build up a defense against him or request a gank from your jungler or someone who has secured their lane.

When you say speeding away, you mean using an item like sprint or blink?

Also, nothing in my previous post had any trace of me assuming you didn't know what gods can do what. I merely informed you of his skills, whether you knew it or not. I didn't assume that you were unaware of what He Bo can do. It's only polite I give you the information I know to maybe inform you if the case was that you didn't know.

To be honest, assuming that I'm assuming that you're ignorant is actually quite ignorant, so I will politely request that you not make the assumption that I am ignorant of what you know unless stated otherwise (:

As far as building a defense of some sort, I usually do try to build some kind of magic defense, depending on who I'm playing. Void stone helps if I'm maging it up mid or whatever. I'm sure there's a few but I just can't recall atm.

Tricky Gekko

//Throws in obligatory Modly intro post.

Gaia Username: Bonerbreaker
Smite Username: Ammodramus (soon to be changed?)
Preferred Role(s)/Gods: Chang'e, Bakasura, Neith, Pretty much just the ********, but like my counterpart, I'll take on any role my team needs.

I'm like, level 11 due to not playing. So meh.

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

W03fu1
Knightrix

There are those, yes, but I'm referring to the various abilities that offer a speed boost that many gods possess. Your failed attempt to "cleverly" retort a polite request is nothing short of rude and arrogant. Nothing I have said would imply ignorance to anything other than the latest changes but I had more than enough time to remedy that between our responses. Therefore I would recommend you not try a childish act like that again lest we spoil this thread before it has the opportunity to grow. That aside, I have become quite obsessed with Thanatos as he requires minimal effort to demolish virtually every god. The only one I seem to have trouble with is Ao Kuang and that's because I let the auto-buy feature pick out my items --- it never seems to include magic resist.

Oh like Ao Kuang/Chronos' speed buff.

Well, the reason on why I thought your previous response was ignorant because you called me ignorant just because I informed you of He Bo's skill set. You thought I was trying to convey the message that you were ignorant of the gods and their abilities.

"I will have to politely request that you not make the assumption that I am ignorant of the gods and their abilities unless stated otherwise."

However, just because I informed you of what I know does not mean I believe you don't know, because honestly, I knew you were knowledgeable of the game from your previous couple of posts.

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, but I did not every think you were ignorant of the gods and their abilities. I was just merely pointing out.

Anyways, back to the topic, and in this case now, Thanatos.

My, oh my, when Thanatos came out, I played him ALL the time in arenas. His skill where he throws his scythe does stupidly strong damage that it's amazing. His kit is really well thought out and he's one of the Gods I feel that is one of "risk or reward" due to the fact that not only is he is extremely good at killing, but on the other hand, he is one of the squishiest Gods.

Why not just take off the auto-buy items then? D:

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

W03fu1
Knightrix

I'm going to ignore that first half as we'll simply end up repeating ourselves. Anyway, Thanatos is definitely one of the most devastating gods I've played and not what I was expecting. Then again I only originally wanted to play him because I absolutely loved his character model. That now is nothing more than a sweet bonus to a god that I have used to dominate every match I have entered, win or lose --- I even managed to surpass other Thanatos players with ease. Unfortunately I do feel that he needs to be toned down (and most likely will be) but I am still going to use him as often as I can. I turned it on to allow me to return to my lane faster and because I'm terrible with item builds, even on mages (though those are significantly easier for me). If I battle against another Ao Kuang and find myself suffering from the same issue, I'll try to remember to swap something out for a bit of magic resistance.

Are you on right now? We can play together. I'm level 30.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff