other (post) 0.14864864864865 14.9% [ 11 ]
Total Votes:[ 74 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 >

Distinct Genius

Main Page Nitemare Headba
noscript4i
-snip-
I actually got to play on the multiplayer server.

I guess it is the one that other Gaian talked about?

Yea.

Too bad Panda is offline... I'd like to join for a bit.

Biggest Anubutt

noscript4i
noscript4i
-snip-
I actually got to play on the multiplayer server.

I guess it is the one that other Gaian talked about?

Yea.

Too bad Panda is offline... I'd like to join for a bit.

Send a pm

Biggest Anubutt

noscript4i

Wondering, how can I enable cheats in my singleplayer world?

Also, the /sethome /home, and /spawn commands...are those cheats or plugins/mods?

And also, thinking about maybe usig the mod to turn zomb flesh into leather.

Distinct Genius

To make it easier for a map to be played legit, one enables cheats at world creation. I think it is the button that says something like "World options" or something (but it does have a "..." in it) that you would need to go into. This mini-menu screen (as you can still create/start the world from it) also has some other options:
- World seed: set a specific seed to use for your world
- Bonus chest: toggle if you want to have a chest spawn near you with some basic starting tools and sometimes food. The chest normally is surrounded with torches. which helps you find it.
- whatever that button is called which has other types of world-gen options such as "Large Biomes" ("Huge"?) that makes biomes a LOT larger (hopefully you don't spawn in the middle of a desert or an ocean without land for many many chunks), the infamous "Superflat" that works better when you choose the options (too advanced to know atm) or use it for building in creative before building in survival, and the one (that warns you below the button that it requires a powerful system; I recommend a 64-bit system with 64-bit Java installed (Windows has no auto-updater right now for 64-bit Java so you need to check manually yourself)) which is used to generate terrain that takes advantage of the maximum world height.. Pretty unique, yet a dangerous way to live as you can easily fall to your death.

Quote:
Also, the /sethome /home, and /spawn commands...are those cheats or plugins/mods?

I think /sethome and /home are server plugins, but I don't know about /spawn. (I'm on my phone so I can't be sure)

Quote:

If you already loaded your world in 1.7.9 then I'd make a backup if I were you before loading it up in 1.7.2 which is where most of the most-up-to-date great mods are right now.
I do recall there's a mod for smelting raw flesh directly into leather (I think it has an optional extra step you can set in the configs but I don't recall; I'm still on my phone razz ), but there is also another that makes it more time (and resources in-game) consuming for a less cheaty way to obtain it. You can pick whatever floats your boat (wow, that saying actually works in Minecraft eek ).

Oh, I thought I needed my laptop on for this, but as I'm using Chrom(ium) on both my computer (windows and linux) and my phone, here is the link to what is a great site for finding mods (it's legit otherwise it wouldn't be a sticky on the official Minecraft Forums as I last checked). I'll link to what page is currently used for selecting a version on the site.
http://modlist.mcf.li/version
Before you download the stuff, I want to explain a few of those "tags" used for each of those mods as some conflict with others and just to make them work. That requires me to be home to type it up as my phone's battery is about 35%.

Biggest Anubutt

noscript4i

To make it easier for a map to be played legit, one enables cheats at world creation. I think it is the button that says something like "World options" or something (but it does have a "..." in it) that you would need to go into. This mini-menu screen (as you can still create/start the world from it) also has some other options:
- World seed: set a specific seed to use for your world
- Bonus chest: toggle if you want to have a chest spawn near you with some basic starting tools and sometimes food. The chest normally is surrounded with torches. which helps you find it.
- whatever that button is called which has other types of world-gen options such as "Large Biomes" ("Huge"?) that makes biomes a LOT larger (hopefully you don't spawn in the middle of a desert or an ocean without land for many many chunks), the infamous "Superflat" that works better when you choose the options (too advanced to know atm) or use it for building in creative before building in survival, and the one (that warns you below the button that it requires a powerful system; I recommend a 64-bit system with 64-bit Java installed (Windows has no auto-updater right now for 64-bit Java so you need to check manually yourself)) which is used to generate terrain that takes advantage of the maximum world height.. Pretty unique, yet a dangerous way to live as you can easily fall to your death.

Quote:

I think /sethome and /home are server plugins, but I don't know about /spawn. (I'm on my phone so I can't be sure)

Quote:

If you already loaded your world in 1.7.9 then I'd make a backup if I were you before loading it up in 1.7.2 which is where most of the most-up-to-date great mods are right now.
I do recall there's a mod for smelting raw flesh directly into leather (I think it has an optional extra step you can set in the configs but I don't recall; I'm still on my phone razz ), but there is also another that makes it more time (and resources in-game) consuming for a less cheaty way to obtain it. You can pick whatever floats your boat (wow, that saying actually works in Minecraft eek ).

Oh, I thought I needed my laptop on for this, but as I'm using Chrom(ium) on both my computer (windows and linux) and my phone, here is the link to what is a great site for finding mods (it's legit otherwise it wouldn't be a sticky on the official Minecraft Forums as I last checked). I'll link to what page is currently used for selecting a version on the site.
http://modlist.mcf.li/version
Before you download the stuff, I want to explain a few of those "tags" used for each of those mods as some conflict with others and just to make them work. That requires me to be home to type it up as my phone's battery is about 35%.

How can I allow cheats for the world already in progress?

Distinct Genius

-snip-

I'll reply again once I find it out... it requires a separate program to edit the save and I don't know it off the top of my head.

Biggest Anubutt

noscript4i
-snip-

I'll reply again once I find it out... it requires a separate program to edit the save and I don't know it off the top of my head.

seriously...that's so lame. Should just be able to turn cheats on

Biggest Anubutt

Sweet! Got silk touch and unbreaking III on my diamond pick.

I figured I'd just try 30 level enchant on diamond pick since book method is tougher. Then I could always use books later, but it's all good! I love my pick. 4laugh

Distinct Genius

-snip-

seriously...that's so lame. Should just be able to turn cheats on

At first, (referring to post-classic) cheats were only implemented for server operators (people who were op'd) in any vanilla server (besides mods / customized servers). When cheats got implemented in singleplayer, it was auto-enabled on old worlds imported into that version. New maps have to have it set to enabled on world creation nowdays.

But you can change the setting after creating a world (plus destroy the world if you don't know what you are doing) by a complex art of magic called NBT editing. Sorry I didn't post it yesterday as I got distracted while messing around with my system.

Biggest Anubutt

I did some sprucing (would be a pun if I used spruce wood) up of the library.

put some red carpet by the entrance at the bottom of the stairwell, added a double chest, furnace, and anvil, rearranged bookshelves and ladder, added more ladders to the wall shelves to appear as if it's a rolling ladder. It's cool.

Distinct Genius

lol.

Okay, the link to the NBT editor that you probably need is:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/840677-
I shortened the link so it doesn't take up too much horizontal space, yet it is still a vaild direct link to the Minecraft Forum thread.

Make sure to read up the whole first post BEFORE you download the program (should be a habit to read the first page or so + the last few pages before downloading any program you find on a forum due to virus concerns).

Make sure your world is closed before doing this! (very old Minecrafts require the game to be closed completely O.o)

When you open your level (located at the level.dat in your minecraft save folder), expand the "Data" section, double click "allowCommands", type in "1" (no quotes), click OK, then save by either:
- clicking the disk icon,
- selecting "Save" from the file menu, or
- pressing Ctrl-S on your keyboard (shortcut for save).

If you cannot find the folder where it should be, try typing the hidden folder's path in the filename textbox of the Open dialog.

EDIT(S): derping with typing.
FINAL EDIT: minor derp and post 251! (I still have my Pokemon Gold for Gameboy Color, so yes I know what it means)

Biggest Anubutt

noscript4i

lol.

Okay, the link to the NBT editor that you probably need is:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/840677-
I shortened the link so it doesn't take up too much horizontal space, yet it is still a vaild direct link to the Minecraft Forum thread.

Make sure to read up the whole first post BEFORE you download the program (should be a habit to read the first page or so + the last few pages before downloading any program you find on a forum due to virus concerns).

Make sure your world is closed before doing this! (very old Minecrafts require the game to be closed completely O.o)

When you open your level (located at the level.dat in your minecraft save folder), expand the "Data" section, double click "allowCommands", type in "1" (no quotes), click OK, then save by either:
- clicking the disk icon,
- selecting "Save" from the file menu, or
- pressing Ctrl-S on your keyboard (shortcut for save).

If you cannot find the folder where it should be, try typing the hidden folder's path in the filename textbox of the Open dialog.

EDIT(S): derping with typing.
FINAL EDIT: minor derp and post 251! (I still have my Pokemon Gold for Gameboy Color, so yes I know what it means)

Hmm, maybe I should hold off on that. I don't really need cheats...though i really wish they didn't make it unable to enable after world's created >.>

But, when I get the willpower, I would like to get the mod/plugin for /sethome, /home, /spawn, and ability to turn flesh into leather

Biggest Anubutt

After knowing exactly what to do to make the skeleton farm...I find out too much lava is below it to make the kind I was gonna seen in this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPtBdzk8hK8

the dungeon room will be like that, but instead of a hole, I'll just have them get pushed to an empty block that will allow me to hit their feet to defeat, get exp, and get drops. Should be fine.

Biggest Anubutt

noscript4i

I built a working skeleton farm! Bones, arrows, and so far I've gotten an enchanted power bow.

EDIT: And a Power II bow with more uses. Waiting for gold armor.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff