Welcome to Gaia! ::

Im trying to get into RO, I've played it a bit a while back, and I played it a bit as soon as the Valkyrie servers went up. But I never really got into it (cause of WoW) but now I have nothing holding me back from playing other games so Im wanting to actually get into RO(since it does have a free server)
I'm already playing now, and was wondering where should I start now that I'm in Prontera and have a job lvl of 8. Are there any quests nearby that can get me use to the world? Or any good hunting areas nearby? Plus what's a good job advancement for someone new to the game?

3,400 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
MentalNeko
Im trying to get into RO, I've played it a bit a while back, and I played it a bit as soon as the Valkyrie servers went up. But I never really got into it (cause of WoW) but now I have nothing holding me back from playing other games so Im wanting to actually get into RO(since it does have a free server)
I'm already playing now, and was wondering where should I start now that I'm in Prontera and have a job lvl of 8. Are there any quests nearby that can get me use to the world? Or any good hunting areas nearby? Plus what's a good job advancement for someone new to the game?

To be honest, RO is a gaint grindfest.
With Limited Quests, other then the New Renewal repeatable quests, (Which have a level requirement of 11.) You'll be finding that you repeat those quests alot to get to the next level. As for where to train, I reccomend that you either go to one map east of Prontera and kill everything you see minus the Creamies (the Pinkish Butterflies that occasionally teleport).

For a begineer I recommend a thief or swordsman character. As those are easy to develop with not too much help and in future, I recommend you get to job level 10 in the Novice training grounds as the NPCs that are certain jobs have the option of "Give me a quest" which give you a very good amount of experience to get to job level 10, and if you are paranoid to change right after you get out of the novice grounds, you can stay there and train as there is an npc which has the option of allowing you to change monster difficulty. He goes by the name of Lv 1 Trainer, Lvl 3 Trainer (If you chose the option of "I want to fight stronger monsters~" ) and various other names as you increase difficulty.

As for quests to get you used to the world; there unfortunately aren't any until higher levels, as those specific quests aid in helping one get closer to transcendant level (99/50 second job) and should be taking advantaged of in 90s.

All the quest information currently can be found at iRO wiki.

I hope you enjoy your stay at RO. ^ ^, I don't play anymore, cause I could never find anyone to play with.
Thank you for the help, the part east is where I was at for a bit before a friend of mine wanted me on WoW for a bit lol. Is there any penalty if i lvl past job lvl 10 before choosing a job?

Lightbringer

There's no penalty, you can level your base/job level as high as you want.

3,400 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
MentalNeko
Thank you for the help, the part east is where I was at for a bit before a friend of mine wanted me on WoW for a bit lol. Is there any penalty if i lvl past job lvl 10 before choosing a job?

Novices have a max job level of 10.
1st classes are reccomended to change jobs at job level 50 (The max for first and second), but one can choose to change at job level 40 if desired.
You can become super novice from 40lv job (i dont like that class it is a mash), for beggining Knight (agi/str but str/vit has better hit ratio). And dont play valkirya it has lot of bots from march it wil be free to play maybe

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff