Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dedicated Shopper

7,925 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Hygienic 200

I hate that, too.
      I play of Ymir. Lvl 95 HP, Nirvana's Messenger.
      Feel free to PM me on Gaia or RO. c:

3,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
You should do it.. A lot of fun..
Higt
I play MMOs by myself i just have fun without no one to play with. With WoW, i am like never with no one to play with so i just play myself. Its so easy to play mmos yourself.
Misuzu Kamio...
User Image

I prefer to play on my own too xD i can kinda run around being brainless and killing stuff in a trance without having to worry about being nooby and stuff xD I'm also kinda awkward and dont like talking to people much <.<
...Always With Me

User Image
Sweet Peppermint Tea
Wander around Pront for a while and you'll see a ton of people with "Guild Recruiting" chats up. Talk to them for a bit, find one who seems to represent a guild best suited to you, and join up. Joining a guild is a great way to make friends in-game.

Granted you sift through the spam in pront, It's horrible really, specially in valkyrie where almost all of the players are at the end-game stage.

Spooky Girl

18,525 Points
  • Scary Sampling 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Haunting Echo 75
Sardonic Haiku
Sweet Peppermint Tea
Wander around Pront for a while and you'll see a ton of people with "Guild Recruiting" chats up. Talk to them for a bit, find one who seems to represent a guild best suited to you, and join up. Joining a guild is a great way to make friends in-game.

Granted you sift through the spam in pront, It's horrible really, specially in valkyrie where almost all of the players are at the end-game stage.

Right-click --> Reject Whispering.

Original Gaian

12,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Aulay
thats usually why I quit because I don't like soloing ]:
and I have no friends who play any mmos anymore besides WoW >.<
So I was wondering how I should go about making some friends on RO xp
Lol this sounds so sad....

War of Emperium. That's how I made a ton of friends and enemies. eek
I usually make friends by buffing and healing other players that are on the same map as me when they look like they need it. They will usually recognize me later and the /lv /kis /heh fest will generally turn into some friendly chatting and partying.

Sometimes just saying grats when a person levels or emoting a hi can lead to a conversation. People get pretty bored while grinding, so even if you can't help them out with buffs providing them with a little human interaction can do the trick too. Look for any little thing that could start a conversation. "Are you hunting for _such and such item_?" is a good way to start a diologue with someone.
Here's an example of a short convo that you can start off with on a stranger:

you: Are you hunting for sohee hair?
them: Nah I'm just leveling
you: Oh hehe. I'm hunting for them.. I want the new hair, they're so awesome.
them: Yeah I saw them I already got one on my blacksmith, he's hot now.
you: lmao i'll have to see it sometime. here, i'll let you finish leveling. you can PM me if you want though. i don't wanna hold you up
them: k

~ * a later encounterrrr * ~

you: oh hey, how did the leveling go
them: it went fine, i gained 2 levels and found a sohee card XD
you: sweet. i finished collecting all the hairs for the quest. check out my sexy hair
them: hott.

That's how you link a brief initial encounter with a stranger. After the second conversation you are on your way to becoming an aquaintance. After a few more convos you will be able to guage whether or not this person wants to be friends with you or whether you want to be friends with them. From then on touching base with them would be good, even if you are in a hurry running through a city or map and you see them just stop next to them and pick an emote of your choice to get their attention and then run on. Doing this is also good if you are worried that you are bothering them too much via chat. It just reminds them of your existance so they will remember you when they think "hmm who should I PM/party/invite to my guild/etc."

Just some tips. They may not always work with every person. Some people are just antisocial or wont want to talk long for various reasons, but don't give up. If you talk to one person and they don't keep in touch just try talking to another then another until one sticks. smile

Loving Elder

This is one reason why I really don't like to play many mmo's now mostly because of that issue. My hubby don't like rpg's that much so he usually playing fps and my real friends as well. Usually I play alone most of the time which can get a bit boring when there is no one to hang out with and hardly any story to keep you occupied while just grinding. So I tend to stick with traditional non mmo rpgs a bit more.

Spooky Girl

18,525 Points
  • Scary Sampling 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Haunting Echo 75
Stostina
A lot of sage advice.

Yeah, just talking to people is how I made a lot of my RO buddies. Now we just log on and shoot the s**t whenever, sometimes form parties to level each other or to hunt specific items or run quests (lol I took a couple of my friends through the Valentine's Day Quest chains and we all burned through our recipes making craptons of tarts, 'twas fun).

And let me just say that the special monster hunting events that iRO has on occasion are a great way to meet new people, since a lot of folks just trek to the dungeon and form PUGs with whatever random people happen to be there. Parties that work well together once are likely to reform again and again during the event as the members are available, and so it's highly likely you'll be able to make a couple of new friends that way.

Nilla
This is one reason why I really don't like to play many mmo's now mostly because of that issue. My hubby don't like rpg's that much so he usually playing fps and my real friends as well. Usually I play alone most of the time which can get a bit boring when there is no one to hang out with and hardly any story to keep you occupied while just grinding. So I tend to stick with traditional non mmo rpgs a bit more.

I can't speak for most MMOs, but both WoW and RO have interesting storylines that are revealed through the course of various quest chains. It's easy to just blow through them and not pay attention, but if you actually read what the NPCs tell you and think about what they're asking you to do, you can learn some surprising things about Azeroth or Rune-Midgard and the people therein.

Loving Elder

Sweet Peppermint Tea
I can't speak for most MMOs, but both WoW and RO have interesting storylines that are revealed through the course of various quest chains. It's easy to just blow through them and not pay attention, but if you actually read what the NPCs tell you and think about what they're asking you to do, you can learn some surprising things about Azeroth or Rune-Midgard and the people therein.
Yuh I played WoW with a friend and the story was good but it still had that empty feeling, RO didn't have quests wayy back when I first played it in 2002. Not even second classes xD I'm a role player so I like to find servers or people who RP as well and get immersed in the story and character. But even so, pay ones I sorta steered away because I don't play as much and I would only waste my money. I usually stop playing once I hit level 20 or so. And thats cause it's usually too much solo plus I should have added time constraints which I should have noted down. x.x

Genius

When you are done leveling and stuff, actually sit in your favorite town, one with people in it, and talk. Don't be shy. Ask questions, it can be easy like: "How did you get that?" You have something in common, already, with all of them; you play the same server and for your own reasons. So you have common ground.
Sweet Peppermint Tea
Sardonic Haiku
Sweet Peppermint Tea

Right-click --& Reject Whispering.

By spam I mean vend-slaves with items to sell.

Spooky Girl

18,525 Points
  • Scary Sampling 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Haunting Echo 75
Sardonic Haiku
Sweet Peppermint Tea
Sardonic Haiku
Sweet Peppermint Tea

Oh, Pront's always been the center of the player market. I hardly pay attention anymore unless I'm actually shopping for something.
Sweet Peppermint Tea
Sardonic Haiku
Sweet Peppermint Tea
Sardonic Haiku
Sweet Peppermint Tea

Oh, Pront's always been the center of the player market. I hardly pay attention anymore unless I'm actually shopping for something.

Pront's so full of s**t if you accidentallt let go of your left mouse button you have to spend 1 minute finding an unused tile so you can move.

Spooky Girl

18,525 Points
  • Scary Sampling 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Haunting Echo 75
Sardonic Haiku
Sweet Peppermint Tea
Sardonic Haiku
Sweet Peppermint Tea
Sardonic Haiku
Sweet Peppermint Tea

Pront's so full of s**t if you accidentallt let go of your left mouse button you have to spend 1 minute finding an unused tile so you can move.

On the other hand, it's useful having the market concentrated in one place. That way you don't have to wander all over Rune-Midgard looking for that one shop with the item you need. Easy, quick, and convenient.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff