Welcome to Gaia! ::

please point me to the site where you got the homonculous thingy talk??
lol i wan't even close to knowing what it was
The truth is the Humo wouldnt be too hard to program (im not saying I could do it). But just look at what amature bot programers can do. U can get a support bot that u use with an acolite character, prity much it follows u round and heals and buffs you.
You can also get support bots that party with your character to make it easier to level.

Now it seems to me that if amature programers like the bot makers can do this, a so called 'professional' games company like Gravity should be able to do much better.

In the end, they're lazy.
-_- Homunculus runs independent of it's creator. I suppose if you wanted to say it had a bot-like feature, it did. But the creator would have to be present to sustain the Homunculus, so it would only run indepent till it was killed or recalled or something. See what I mean? -_-;

User Image

No I won't say where it came from. But the Succubus is the Homunculus in this case. It moves independently in this case (different than the actual script which isn't in use here. But rather a command is.), walking and attacking whatever it comes across (That is a monster.)

User Image

The sort in these images recalls itself after a period of time, I haven't looked far enough into the Homunculus script to know exactly how it works yet. Maybe I'll say that another time.
If the Homunculus runs independently, I don't see what's the problem if the player just follows it. o_o And like Desirus says, there are bot programs where the bot follows the person playing.
A real Homunculus depends on it's creator for support...and it's not like it's a second player, the game doesn't registure it as another playing body in the game, it's like a pet. Besides, why do people need to find new and inventive ways to cheat anyway ._. The Homunculus system isn't even something that exists on Official servers. >_> heh
Soliri
A real Homunculus depends on it's creator for support...and it's not like it's a second player, the game doesn't registure it as another playing body in the game, it's like a pet. Besides, why do people need to find new and inventive ways to cheat anyway ._. The Homunculus system isn't even something that exists on Official servers. >_> heh

Keh? How's using the Homunculus AI with a bot AI cheating? o_o I'm saying that the Homunculus could act like a bot, but it's not like when you're not even playing the game the Homunculus would still be out. Gravity could do something with using Pet AI and Bot AI, couldn't they? I mean, the one characteristic that the Homunculus has in common with the pet is that they can both be called in and out. Other games can do that, and so can RO. You can call your pets in and out. Couldn't they find some way to use that part of the pet program with the bot program?
._. This is wearing on my patience. It's not as if the Homunculus system was never made, it was just never really used.

I was gonna post a Homunculus script but I realized it was to long and to much of a pain, and only posting a little wouldn't make sense.

It runs like a bot, walking and killing and such, but it takes damage and can sometimes need to be healed and taken care of. A bot could run a player with a Homunculus but the program would have to tell it when to heal the Homunculus. It can't sustain itself, which is possibly why it's not like a bot itself.

Now I'm going to work. This is getting old. -_- I made my comments and it really doesn't matter because no official server holds the Homunculus anyway. .-.

Eloquent Entrepreneur

12,000 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Elocutionist 200
Okay, my sister said one of the main problems with the Homunculus AI was that their AI was interfering with the AI of normal monsters. So it's similar to all the different item bugs on Gaia when fishing was implemented. With the addition of new types of items, we've had all kinds of item bugs and glitches including things like broken sell back, needing a new marketplace, and a bunch of other things. So it's basically that they were trying to add a new feature to a system that already worked that broke the system. I don't know the specifics of the code that they've been using, but because of the eratic behavior of regular monsters with homunculus in the system, the entire monster AI system has to be re-written so that's why we're not getting it at least not right away.
Yilei
Okay, my sister said one of the main problems with the Homunculus AI was that their AI was interfering with the AI of normal monsters. So it's similar to all the different item bugs on Gaia when fishing was implemented. With the addition of new types of items, we've had all kinds of item bugs and glitches including things like broken sell back, needing a new marketplace, and a bunch of other things. So it's basically that they were trying to add a new feature to a system that already worked that broke the system. I don't know the specifics of the code that they've been using, but because of the eratic behavior of regular monsters with homunculus in the system, the entire monster AI system has to be re-written so that's why we're not getting it at least not right away.

Ah, okay, thanks.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces