Visitor Count

Hello! 1 100.0% [ 129 ]
Total Votes:[ 129 ]
1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 >

6,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

New! New! New!

Yummy rice balls with PL/AA colored wraps!! They are a voluntary donation of 50g each, just so I can actually meet you. PM me!

Hello, and welcome to the Life Shop. What is this exactly? Well it's something a little different, a little controversial and something I feel needs to be made.

WARNING: This shop concerns a politically charged issue: abortion.
I don't want flaming on here and I don't want any nastiness directed towards people on either side of the issue. We aren't enemies! We're all human beings, and we should work together to solve this issue of human rights.

T a b l e - o f - C o n t e n t s:
Post 1: Summary of Shop / Affiliates
Post 2: About Me
Post 3: Rules/Guidelines
Post 4: How to Request a Ribbon
Post 5: PL/AA Ribbon Samples
Post 6: Links Out
Post 7: Toy Box
Post 8+: Reserved for now

A f f i l i a t e s:

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser ImageUser Image
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
User Image
User Image

I got another affiliate!! If you are a pro-life shop owner - or, if you are a pro-choice or undecided shop owner who supports the pro-life cause - and would like to show your support by being an affiliate, please post to the thread or send me a PM!! To affie me, use the links below:

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/mini-shops/the-life-shop-open-say-hello-free-b/t.49361287/][IMG]http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/8250/lifeshopbannr.jpg[/IMG][/url]

- O R -

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/mini-shops/the-life-shop-open-say-hello-free-b/t.49361287/][IMG]http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/9883/lsicon2.gif[/IMG][/url]

Q u i c k - S u m m a r y:
This shop sells/gives away pro-life/anti-abortion themed images.

This shop is here to sell, trade or share pro-life/anti-abortion images, animations and items. At the moment I've only got two I've made, but I'll add to that soon. The idea started when I realised I don't really know if any unifying pro-life/anti-abortion (henceforth shortened to PL/AA) imagery, or even a ribbon! I did some research and it turns out PL/AA is represented by ribbons in magenta and white. I combined these two colors in a striped ribbon, and added the "precious feet" icon to the bottom. For those who don't know, the "precious feet" icon is a pin of two feet, which are the exact size of a ten week old fetus' feet. Links to their website are available below.

I'd like for this thread to be a community for PL/AA people on Gaia to share their own art on! Why am I making it as a shop? Because a little gold wouldn't hurt either! But in all honesty, the first images on here are going to be totally free. The only stipulation is that you're going to have to post a request and PM me... that way I know who's using the images and we can get to know each other! Donations are of course totally welcome. Future images will probably cost a little gold, and if other members choose to add their own art, pricing will be up to them.

All of the reserved posts on this first page will be available as "shops" for people to post their work. Feel free to PM me or just post if you want to put up some images!

Look! A tiny baby, modeled after a 10 week old, safe in the womb and tied with the PL/AA ribbon as a bow :3
Please feel free to adopt this child!! In other words, s/he's a freebie ^^ Just post if you do!!

6,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Education: Professional Teaching Degree, Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design
Job: Paraprofessional in an ESE (special needs) Pre-K classroom. I'm basically a Teaching Assistant in a class that prepares children with special needs (like autism, developmental delays, Downs Syndrome, etc) for kindergarten. This year I am also helping out in two 2nd grade inclusion rooms.

Abortion is probably one of the largest human-rights issues of the last century and heading into this one. No matter what side of the debate you're on, we can all realise that what is at risk is a definition of humanity itself, of personal freedom, bodily rights, autonomy, and the right to live. Where do our rights end and someone else's begin? When do we become human? When do we become a person? For others there is the added complication of religion, and ensoulment. Abortion is not black and white. It is not Them against Us, Mother vs Child, or Pro-Death vs Anti-Woman.

I am anti-abortion. Most people call it pro-life, but that tag is really too general for me. I'm not against birth control for instance, or embryonic stem cell research - there are methods that do not kill the embryo. I'm also not against in vitro fertilization or the death penalty. So I really am only anti-abortion. If you want to get specific, I'm anti-elective-abortion.

I feel every child deserves a chance at life, no matter what deformity or disease they may have. All life is precious, and to know my students is to know joy. None of them deserved death because they are "imperfect" according to societal norms.

I DO NOT condemn women who have aborted. I've thought I was pregnant in the past and it was absolutely terrifying. I completely sympathize, but I also feel there's a better option. With help and caring I believe almost any crisis pregnancy can be resolved without the death of the innocent child.

I do not approve of abortion in cases where the "only" reason is rape, incest or young maternal age. If the mother's actual life is not in danger, there is no good reason to kill the child. It's not the child's fault his father raped the mother, it's not the child's fault his mother is young. Why does the child deserve the death penalty for any of those crimes?

I DO approve of abortion to save the mother's life.

I do not call pro-choice people "pro-death", "pro-aborts", "pro-abortion" or anything like that. I respect the fact that you consider choice to be the most important aspect of your argument. I used to be pro-choice.

Please, feel free to ask me any questions either on the topic or in a PM. An open dialogue is necessary between both sides for us to realise that in the end we all want the same thing: we want all humans to be safe and free.

6,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200

S h o p - R u l e s:
1. Absolutely NO nastiness. I'm so SICK of it in this debate. We are not enemies people; we are all human beings. Both sides have valid arguments and intelligent people. To act like petulant children is ridiculous. If you want to flame someone, take it elsewhere. I consider it rude to insult me, my shop, the subject matter, the art, the other posters, etc.

2. If you do wish to share art, I must ask that it be G or PG at the most. That means no aborted babies. Floating happy embryos and fetuses are fine!

Ad v e r t i s i n g / A f f i l i a t i n g:
1. Spam is not allowed. Spam is advertisements posted over and over and over... This means do not repeatedly post a link to your shop, roleplay, or whatever.. Do not post a link to your shop in the first place without asking for an affiliation. I love affies!

2. Affiliating: It's easy! Just post or PM your link with the request! However, I of course ask you affie back in your own shop.

3. NO NASTINESS. It seems this rule is difficult to understand.

6,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200

"Ordering" as it is, doesn't take much effort. Most of the currently available images are free for you to use, and the only reason I require a PM is so I can get to know you smile

Just send me a PM with the words "Life Shop" in the subject line. I'll send you the link to the watermark-free images, or start a trade with you. Please, save them to your computer and/or upload them to your own server, whether it be Photobucket, ImageShack, whatever!

6,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200

300 pixels tall
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Original / / Revmamped
Great for websites, toy boxes, and profiles!

100x100 pixels

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Original / / Revamped
Perfect for forums and IM!

6,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200

I shouldn't have to say this, but please. No stealing of these images.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. ... User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show....
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show....User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

6,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200

6,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200

6,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200