Total Votes:[ 21 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 14 15 16 >

Questionable Prophet

11,925 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
TearyTartuliusNovu

It's not much faster (it'll still take an hour or two sometimes), but what I like to do is make a new layer on Sai underneath the lineart, color the base color with airbrush, and then add a layer with Multiply for shadows, and another layer on top with Luminosity. Each layer I add on top is a clipping layer, so it only affects the area I colored. You can divide it, so you have a set of clipping layers for just skin, or just clothing, etc.

Dapper Cat

5,150 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Furaingu66
TearyTartuliusNovu

It's not much faster (it'll still take an hour or two sometimes), but what I like to do is make a new layer on Sai underneath the lineart, color the base color with airbrush, and then add a layer with Multiply for shadows, and another layer on top with Luminosity. Each layer I add on top is a clipping layer, so it only affects the area I colored. You can divide it, so you have a set of clipping layers for just skin, or just clothing, etc.

Gosh that sounds uber handy. That tactic would work really well on a pc but my tablet doesnt have that capability e_e one of things I musg give but ill definitely keep that in mind for the future.
So I guess thats how the gradient would work! Ive seen sometimes theres and area of coloring but its such a thin line yet I see a variety of gradients. I was wondering how they make it so accurate. Tried to do it all by hand and deemed it way too hard..

Questionable Prophet

11,925 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
TearyTartuliusNovu

Yes, it's really handy. And I'm a little confused. I thought your tablet was the kind that you plug into a PC and draw on the tablet while "drawing" on the PC screen? Or is it the tablet that you draw directly onto with a digital screen?

Ooh, I've always wondered how they get the gradient lines too... If you find out something, do let me know! ^^

Dapper Cat

5,150 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Furaingu66
TearyTartuliusNovu

Yes, it's really handy. And I'm a little confused. I thought your tablet was the kind that you plug into a PC and draw on the tablet while "drawing" on the PC screen? Or is it the tablet that you draw directly onto with a digital screen?

Ooh, I've always wondered how they get the gradient lines too... If you find out something, do let me know! ^^

Oh no I have the literal digital tablet with apps and stuff like the ipad but I have a samsung instead. Lol yeah, they had to n a me those 2 things the same thing

You go it bro! xD

Questionable Prophet

11,925 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
TearyTartuliusNovu

That's really cool! If I may ask, how long have you had your tablet? I've had my tablet for around a year now, and I've grown a little attached, admittedly, so I probably wouldn't switch to a digital tablet until it's broken. sweatdrop

Dapper Cat

5,150 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Dapper Cat

5,150 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Dapper Cat

5,150 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Furaingu66
TearyTartuliusNovu

That's really cool! If I may ask, how long have you had your tablet? I've had my tablet for around a year now, and I've grown a little attached, admittedly, so I probably wouldn't switch to a digital tablet until it's broken. sweatdrop

I think I've had my wacom since... 5+ years actually haha. For by samsung tablet, I've had it since it was released so I guess around 3-4 years ago. Just take it as it goes xD nobody's in a hurry.

Questionable Prophet

11,925 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
TearyTartuliusNovu

Wow, that's a long time! ^^ I agree, we shouldn't have to rush anyways. c: I'll probably end up taking my tablet with me to college. Do you have any other hobbies besides drawing?

Dapper Cat

5,150 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Popular Thread 100
trds

inspiredParadise

Hello! Many apologies to the both of you, as I am a bit late in the announcement. For some reason or another, my auctions have been ending on rather busier school days.

Nonetheless, Congratulations to trds for winning the Griffon and Congratulations to inspiredParadise for winning the Hairstylist!

@inspiredParadise- Thank you for sending your trade so quickly! I will send you your adoptable as quickly as I can. :>
@trds- Since I was a day late as well, feel free to send your trade anytime this week! :]

And thank you very much to the both of you for bidding here! :]

Dapper Cat

5,150 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Bump~! Going to upload a Goldilocks sketch later

Dapper Cat

5,150 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Furaingu66
TearyTartuliusNovu

Wow, that's a long time! ^^ I agree, we shouldn't have to rush anyways. c: I'll probably end up taking my tablet with me to college. Do you have any other hobbies besides drawing?

Haha yeah. You should, you're going to want a stress reliever. Hum let me see. I like playing video games, mmos especially, knitting, sewing, just about every known craft, building lego models, etc. That covers most of it. :] I like to get into anything and everything as long as its interesting.

Dapper Cat

5,150 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Dapper Cat

5,150 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Urg, it's this time of year when the tests and quizzes start hitting hard!!!!

Dapper Cat

5,150 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Popular Thread 100
trds
500m for griffon ovo

Hello trds, as the rules stated in the post, you failed to send a trade after the deadline has been finished and I also gave you two extra days. Of course, I am also late in distributing the art due to school related reasons.
I will give you until Monday, eastern time midnight to let me know if you still want the art in the case you are busy due to school. If not, it will once again go up for auction as you are the only bidder.
If nothing else, I hope you are well and it isn't a medical related reason! Peace cat_whee

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff