Closed

No really, not opening again. 1 100.0% [ 30 ]
Total Votes:[ 30 ]

Perfect Businessman

cherryrosepetals

I really like it so far! It looks great. biggrin
wtf productivity?

User Image

All yours now, just don't put it in your signature, it's way over the size limit.

whee

Perfect Businessman

edokitty
how do you know it will suck? MMOs are giant co-ops
I haven't played one absorbing worthwhile MMO in god knows how long. Innovation is dead in that sector of the market, just minor tweaks to a formula that's been beaten to death already. If it truly plays like "co-op elder scrolls" I might be interested, if it's just WoW in Tamriel, I'll pass.

rolleyes

Mephistote's Sweetheart

Mushy Strawberry

52,400 Points
  • Team Potion Master 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Brick Breaker 50
Renais
I haven't played one absorbing worthwhile MMO in god knows how long. Innovation is dead in that sector of the market, just minor tweaks to a formula that's been beaten to death already. If it truly plays like "co-op elder scrolls" I might be interested, if it's just WoW in Tamriel, I'll pass.

rolleyes

probably too early to tell. Bethesda hasn't done an MMO. Not going to assume it will be like a Blizzard or Bioware

Mephistote's Sweetheart

Mushy Strawberry

52,400 Points
  • Team Potion Master 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Brick Breaker 50
did you play the lord of the rings MMO? Mephi liked that a lot

Perfect Businessman

edokitty
probably too early to tell. Bethesda hasn't done an MMO. Not going to assume it will be like a Blizzard or Bioware
IIRC Zenimax is the one behind it, not Bethesda. Not that it matters, I have very little faith in the MMO market right now. Everyone just seems to want a WoW-esque cash-in MMO on their franchises.

Perfect Businessman

edokitty
did you play the lord of the rings MMO? Mephi liked that a lot
Yes, grew stale within two weeks.

Mephistote's Sweetheart

Mushy Strawberry

52,400 Points
  • Team Potion Master 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Brick Breaker 50
Renais
IIRC Zenimax is the one behind it, not Bethesda. Not that it matters, I have very little faith in the MMO market right now. Everyone just seems to want a WoW-esque cash-in MMO on their franchises.

Zenimax owns Bethesda

Stars Wars, Age of Conan, TERA, LOTR weren't like WoW (other than they are MMOs)

Mephistote's Sweetheart

Mushy Strawberry

52,400 Points
  • Team Potion Master 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Brick Breaker 50
eh, I'm not going to judge it until I see more about it. I just hope it isn't a strict class system which would take away from the elder scrolls feel.

Perfect Businessman

edokitty
Zenimax owns Bethesda

Stars Wars, Age of Conan, TERA, LOTR weren't like WoW (other than they are MMOs)
"Zenimax Online Studios" pardon my french.

Rofl

Star Wars is basically WoW with voice acting. Combat is the same, questing is the same, leveling is the same.

Lotro was exactly like WoW, except in middle earth and with additional RP-friendly systems. Combat is the same, questing is the same, Leveling is the same.

Age of Conan tried to be different, combat flows different, but leveling and questing are still the same. Tinge of voice acting but totally devoid of content (or at least when I played it was)

TERA stands out the most as "different" since the combat has a different flow, but you're still getting the same walls of text thrown up at you, going off to kill X spiders.

There hasn't been any major innovation in a long time, it's all lifting WoWs formula (EQ before it) and adding minor tweaks to it and claiming its new and different when in realty you're still standing still, targeting one enemy, waiting for your [SPELL NAME] to finish its 2 second cast, killing X mobs, so you can talk to a guy with a glowing [QUEST GIVER SYMBOL] over his head.

Perfect Businessman

Oh god what I have done. Contain the fury! MMOs are super stale for me, most of them just disgust me. I'm still waiting to see the trailer and get some basic info out before I pass judgement.

Mephistote's Sweetheart

Mushy Strawberry

52,400 Points
  • Team Potion Master 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Brick Breaker 50
Renais
"Zenimax Online Studios" pardon my french.

Rofl

Star Wars is basically WoW with voice acting. Combat is the same, questing is the same, leveling is the same.

Lotro was exactly like WoW, except in middle earth and with additional RP-friendly systems. Combat is the same, questing is the same, Leveling is the same.

Age of Conan tried to be different, combat flows different, but leveling and questing are still the same. Tinge of voice acting but totally devoid of content (or at least when I played it was)

TERA stands out the most as "different" since the combat has a different flow, but you're still getting the same walls of text thrown up at you, going off to kill X spiders.

There hasn't been any major innovation in a long time, it's all lifting WoWs formula (EQ before it) and adding minor tweaks to it and claiming its new and different when in realty you're still standing still, targeting one enemy, waiting for your [SPELL NAME] to finish its 2 second cast, killing X mobs, so you can talk to a guy with a glowing [QUEST GIVER SYMBOL] over his head.

Can't you say that about all genres? Don't all RPGS have a quest system? What shooter game doesn't follow the same pattern? All point and click adventure games seem the same.

The Elder Scrolls games are different than other RPGS. I don't feel like I'm playing Diablo. XD

You don't have to follow a certain path. I'm interested to see what they plan to do with an MMO version. How can say it is going to be WoW when there is nothing to see yet?

Perfect Businessman

edokitty
Can't you say that about all genres? Don't all RPGS have a quest system? What shooter game doesn't follow the same pattern? All point and click adventure games seem the same.

The Elder Scrolls games are different than other RPGS. I don't feel like I'm playing Diablo. XD

You don't have to follow a certain path. I'm interested to see what they plan to do with an MMO version. How can say it is going to be WoW when there is nothing to see yet?
No actually they dont, they don't "all" have the "click quest giver, read wall of text, recieve reward" style of questing. If you've played Guild Wars 2 (most recent example) you can see how you can create a "different" style of questing, where you just run around and "do things" instead of "killing 10 rats" And no, shooters can be tactical squad based, cover based, third person, first person, or a hybrid of any/all of those (I'm looking at you Deus Ex: HR) Point and click's vary between view points "first, third, second" and can have different combat and user input systems.

Yes they are, which is why so many people adore them. Love me some elder scrolls!

I said "If it truly plays like "co-op elder scrolls" I might be interested, if it's just WoW in Tamriel, I'll pass" which implies that I'm waiting to get more info on it.

Mephistote's Sweetheart

Mushy Strawberry

52,400 Points
  • Team Potion Master 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Brick Breaker 50
Renais
No actually they dont, they don't "all" have the "click quest giver, read wall of text, recieve reward" style of questing. If you've played Guild Wars 2 (most recent example) you can see how you can create a "different" style of questing, where you just run around and "do things" instead of "killing 10 rats" And no, shooters can be tactical squad based, cover based, third person, first person, or a hybrid of any/all of those (I'm looking at you Deus Ex: HR) Point and click's vary between view points "first, third, second" and can have different combat and user input systems.

Yes they are, which is why so many people adore them. Love me some elder scrolls!

I said "If it truly plays like "co-op elder scrolls" I might be interested, if it's just WoW in Tamriel, I'll pass" which implies that I'm waiting to get more info on it.

I'm wondering how sneak and stealth actions will play out in an MMO. Could you steal another players gear? I'm back playing Skyrim, running around chasing bugs and picking flowers. I keep putting off the quests.

Yes, killing x amount of creatures and that kind of grinding does not appeal to me.

Perfect Businessman

edokitty
I'm wondering how sneak and stealth actions will play out in an MMO. Could you steal another players gear? I'm back playing Skyrim, running around chasing bugs and picking flowers. I keep putting off the quests.

Yes, killing x amount of creatures and that kind of grinding does not appeal to me.
Indeed, having something like that in gameplay. Perma-death is also something that interests me, where if your characters dies, it's gone permanently. Eve is also a great example of a different MMO. The s**t that goes on in that game would be illegal if it were to happen IRL.

I hate those style games, and it's unfortunate since most MMO's seem to fall into that category of "kill ten rats" style gameplay.

Mephistote's Sweetheart

Mushy Strawberry

52,400 Points
  • Team Potion Master 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Brick Breaker 50
Renais
Indeed, having something like that in gameplay. Perma-death is also something that interests me, where if your characters dies, it's gone permanently. Eve is also a great example of a different MMO. The s**t that goes on in that game would be illegal if it were to happen IRL.

I hate those style games, and it's unfortunate since most MMO's seem to fall into that category of "kill ten rats" style gameplay.

Well, my game would be very short then.

I just wandered around and got smacked by a giant. One shot kill. My cat girl goes flying. rofl

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff