Welcome to Gaia! ::

Perfect Heckler

Is an Astronaut

Haha, that's a good point xD
I'll probably keep bumping this when I get the chance and if no one wants him, I'll save him for another day * O*

Meanwhile, how's your day been going?

A Policeman's Pardner

Space Giver

yu rabbit

Tru

fine, i got a lot of things done today. Clean the house and finished this thing
User Image

it boosted my confidence a bit so i'm going to try to pixel some more stuff tomorrow.
how about you?

Perfect Heckler

Is an Astronaut

DANG that's really awesome
Your pixels and animations are always really nice and interesting to look at (I mean the little details you have are super cool, like the poster and everything)
How long did this take you to finish?

My day was fine, basically just getting work done and now I've got a break so I can draw or not xD

Perfect Heckler

Going to sleep, good night!

A Policeman's Pardner

Space Giver

yu rabbit

Thanks, pfft i don't really keep track but this one took longer than my first one bot because it's stilghtly bigger and the last one had tons of shading. But because i was too distracted by youtube lol.

Oh cool heh

Perfect Heckler

Is an Astronaut

Wait, there's another one besides this? * O*
Lol, youtube always gets in the way of anything getting done xD

A Policeman's Pardner

Space Giver

yu rabbit

this one..
User Image

i thought i showed you

yeah i'm currently stuck in youtube as i research something for two more anthros/object heads
i got a traffic light weatherman
and a air raid/ tornado siren siren (as in a tornado siren headed siren it definitely works with my incubus school bus XD )

Perfect Heckler

Is an Astronaut

Oh man, I haven't seen that one yet
It's super awesome oh man, again with the detail and the shading looks great and dang is this a good pixel animation

Omg, do you have a place where you collect all these antho/object heads? Because all of them sound really cool xD (ESPECIALLY INCUBUS SCHOOL BUS WHAT)

A Policeman's Pardner

Space Giver

yu rabbit

yeah that one was actually more work for me because i did the reverse by starting with black and going over with color especially with those tvs? near the door.

No not yet, most of them are ideas or sketches i forget to take down to my grandmother's house to borrow her scanner.
i always tend to make ocs out of stuff like military and emergency vehicles because they have more things going on
rockets, and strobe lights they are a bit easier to come up with "lazy animations"

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
but the same could be said to tv and computer monitor object heads they are almost on the same level as wolf and cat characters for furries.

It's too late for me to start working on my new guys but i have an idea with the stop light guy
since i'm getting better with backgrounds i'll probably have him standing in front of those green screens and have a little forcast and weather map show up XD

Perfect Heckler

Is an Astronaut

Oh yeah, that definitely sounds tricky starting with black, but it turned out really good

LOL that's true, you see some good wolf and cat furries and some good tv and computer monitor object heads, but sometimes you're just like wait haven't I seen this character before

Haha, I like that idea, it's appropriate for him xD

A Policeman's Pardner

Space Giver

yu rabbit

people do grayscale and "erase coloring" all the time
i just can never get it to look right but with pixels i have more room for error XD

ever since that tv head item came out i've shook my head at all the requests cropping up.
first of all a majority had just the pink tv head, and some claimed that their avi was cosplaying a new character.
Now this may just be me but there's only so much you could to the personalize the avi.(even moreso if you want art of your avi with an "I am" item.
it'd def confuse the artists because unless they remembered the name you couldn't tell if it was another avatar or the same avatar in a different outfit
my suggestion to remedy that was to possibly add some notes on how your avatar stands out.
But of course the item faded like most trends do.
if i had a chance to make an item i would of at least focused more on different objects for heads than making an item to cosplay a specific oc >w>
but on the subject of object peeps
some girl came into my gun guy's topic claiming images of guns trigger her (no pun intended but maybe she was just a troll come to think of it)
i pmed her outside of the topic with something along the lines of "the title states this is a request to draw my gun headed guy. if guns trigger you i don't understand why you entered it anyways but it would be best to avoid my topic in the future."
her response was calling me a d@uche and told me to stop pming her (which was funny because i just sent one with an obvious suggestion
it's like buying tickets to see the chainsaw massacre then complaining about the blood and gore)
people these days

i'll have to save it for tomorrow i'm pretty tired from a long day.

Perfect Heckler

Is an Astronaut

That kind of coloring is too intimidating for me. xD But it looks really good in your pixels * O*

Yeah, that's the thing, since there's a lot of TV heads and you can really only dress them up in so much clothing, it's like when people fight over copyright of their wolf character who looks like another wolf character. You can make them stand out if you tried, but a lot of them come out same-y.

Oh wow uh...
I totally respect triggers and putting warnings in things that hey, this topic contains X for all of you who are triggered by X so if someone didn't warn them that there's X in this topic, then of course they'd be upset.
But when you have in your title gun headed guy, what did you expect when you clicked on the title? No guns? Lol people

A Policeman's Pardner

Space Giver

yu rabbit

Yeah i agree but i barely shade my pixels XD

exactly, i mean a wolf is always going to be a wolf no matter how many horns and wings you throw on it.
however style and the way it looks on a physical level can give you some distance.
I saw an artist that drew maybe 15-30 wild cat heads i'm pretty sure they were commissions for others. despite the mix of common picks like lions, tigers, and jaguars she/he was able to vary things like eye size, how long or short the muzzle was, ear shape, and other stuff.No two characters looked the same despite being in the same base color which was grey.

the thing i don't like about most of these characters here that even when you have a neko boy here or a demon girl there i'm sure they are based off common sources (maybe a picture they saw on Da or a tv show) so there is no variation of "genetic features" i've seen some anime styles that even demonstrated this. I could make a short pudgy black cat neko boy from india (i don't know too many "less popular" countries) and i'd draw the heck out of that purely because it's different.

if it's true she must have a tough time, guns are everywhere on tv and the internet
there are even gun items here sooooo yeah if my inaccurate pixel gun person freaked her out then i wonder what a real picture would do.

Perfect Heckler

Is an Astronaut

Yeah, I admire people who can do that
I mean, ultimately it doesn't bother me if kiddos want to draw winged wolves as their OCs, but I think it's really cool when people can give character and personality to their OCs by varying them in different ways. It's visually appealing to me and it helps you stand out

LOL that would be really cute for a neko boy, I'd support it if you ever drew short pudgy black cat neko boy from India or something xD

No kidding, but even if the internet is her safe space, she could at least have the common sense not to click on a thread advertising a gun character

A Policeman's Pardner

Space Giver

yu rabbit

Yeah that's what i look for but as far as requests and commissions i don't want to be stuck drawing static characters.

i don't need any more ideas, my workload is heavy enough XD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces