Welcome to Gaia! ::

Omnipresent Traveler

KeithPreston
Phew, so things have been both exciting and boring around here.

I've barely worked this month because things have been so slow. I finally went in on Thursday and Friday last week, but then on Friday we had a brownout which led to the transformers catching fire, and it's been shut down for repairs ever since.

At least I've gotten a little further in video games thanks to the free time!

So, which games have you been occupying your time with?

As for me, since I've trained all the other shiny pokemon on my copy of Black 2 I decided that I might as well have a go at training the shiny event set of the Johto beast trio. It turns out that the Suicune of the bunch has a perfect defense IV along with the default relaxed nature which also raises defense (at the cost of speed). So, even without knowing that, I decided since I don't battle competitively and I'm only likely to be using Suicune in-game that I might as well leave Sheer Cold in its moveset as even with its abysmal accuracy, having a one-hit KO move that it can actually try to exploit because Suicune is bulky enough to survive long enough to make multiple attempts if necessary isn't such a bad thing, especially since when it does hit Sheer Cold is pretty much the only sure-fire method of eliminating opponents that are immune or resistant to Scald. Fact is, any coverage moves Suicune tries to utilize won't be doing much damage without the aid of a boosting move and even then it would still be a gamble. At any rate, I'm pretty happy with what I've got so that's what counts.

Invisible Nerd

13,250 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Champion 300
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Crystal Mizuka
FireGoddess101
haha I have a ds lite that I was using up until it started getting dead pixels on the top screen...I kept it though, for GBA games and stuff. (though I still have my GBA SP). I should've bought a 3DS though, not a dsi but I was poor and the extra $50 was like uuuhhhh no.

I still have my old Gameboy Pocket and Gameboy Color along with both the classic GBA and the GBA SP, as well as Super Gameboy for the SNES and the GBA attachment for the GameCube. You never know when those old gadgets might come in handy.

yeah I so regret selling my (well my brother's) Gameboy pocket and Gameboy color at a yard sale....he still has his N64 though, which has the attachment so you can put in Gameboy color games...I used to play Poikemon Stadium 2 all the time with my silver in there

Omnipresent Traveler

FireGoddess101
Crystal Mizuka
FireGoddess101
haha I have a ds lite that I was using up until it started getting dead pixels on the top screen...I kept it though, for GBA games and stuff. (though I still have my GBA SP). I should've bought a 3DS though, not a dsi but I was poor and the extra $50 was like uuuhhhh no.

I still have my old Gameboy Pocket and Gameboy Color along with both the classic GBA and the GBA SP, as well as Super Gameboy for the SNES and the GBA attachment for the GameCube. You never know when those old gadgets might come in handy.

yeah I so regret selling my (well my brother's) Gameboy pocket and Gameboy color at a yard sale....he still has his N64 though, which has the attachment so you can put in Gameboy color games...I used to play Poikemon Stadium 2 all the time with my silver in there

We've still got our N64 and last I checked, which was probably close to a year ago now, my Silver version was still able to communicate with Stadium 2 using my old save data, but there's no telling how long that will last since once the internal battery runs dry that save data will be lost forever. It was the first game where I actually trained my team up to level 100 without the use of rare candies.

I can always reproduce that team on a newer version, but it'll still be sad day when I turn on the game to find that my save file isn't there anymore. Probably why I haven't checked it in so long. It would be just as well for me not to have to find out.

Friendly Genius

Crystal Mizuka
KeithPreston
Phew, so things have been both exciting and boring around here.

I've barely worked this month because things have been so slow. I finally went in on Thursday and Friday last week, but then on Friday we had a brownout which led to the transformers catching fire, and it's been shut down for repairs ever since.

At least I've gotten a little further in video games thanks to the free time!

So, which games have you been occupying your time with?

As for me, since I've trained all the other shiny pokemon on my copy of Black 2 I decided that I might as well have a go at training the shiny event set of the Johto beast trio. It turns out that the Suicune of the bunch has a perfect defense IV along with the default relaxed nature which also raises defense (at the cost of speed). So, even without knowing that, I decided since I don't battle competitively and I'm only likely to be using Suicune in-game that I might as well leave Sheer Cold in its moveset as even with its abysmal accuracy, having a one-hit KO move that it can actually try to exploit because Suicune is bulky enough to survive long enough to make multiple attempts if necessary isn't such a bad thing, especially since when it does hit Sheer Cold is pretty much the only sure-fire method of eliminating opponents that are immune or resistant to Scald. Fact is, any coverage moves Suicune tries to utilize won't be doing much damage without the aid of a boosting move and even then it would still be a gamble. At any rate, I'm pretty happy with what I've got so that's what counts.

Well, I played a little more of Final Fantasy XIII-2, and basically did a chapter or two before taking a break at the next part that opened up a couple places at once, because I couldn't decide what to try doing first. ^__^; After that, I popped in Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword again, and made some progress there as well (though when I consider the fact that I've mostly been wandering around the current part of the world and haven't even gotten into the dungeon proper yet, it doesn't feel like much progress at all).

I'll admit, I had to read that a few times to make sure I understood it all properly, but that Suicune does sound like quite a beast. I -would- wish you luck with Sheer Cold actually hitting, but I think I'd rather hope that Suicune doesn't face any foes that it would have to rely on that attack to defeat. xD

Omnipresent Traveler

KeithPreston
Well, I played a little more of Final Fantasy XIII-2, and basically did a chapter or two before taking a break at the next part that opened up a couple places at once, because I couldn't decide what to try doing first. ^__^; After that, I popped in Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword again, and made some progress there as well (though when I consider the fact that I've mostly been wandering around the current part of the world and haven't even gotten into the dungeon proper yet, it doesn't feel like much progress at all).

I'll admit, I had to read that a few times to make sure I understood it all properly, but that Suicune does sound like quite a beast. I -would- wish you luck with Sheer Cold actually hitting, but I think I'd rather hope that Suicune doesn't face any foes that it would have to rely on that attack to defeat. xD

Yeah, I need to get back into Skyward Sword myself. At the very least, it's good exercise.

Now, because of the way that the accuracy for One-Hit KO moves is actually calculated:

(User's Level - Opponent's Level) + 30%

For in-game use, once you reach the level 100 cap, it'll actually be hitting fairly often. The only places where it might still give me trouble are the Battle Subway or the Pokemon World Tournament where-in all pokemon levels are set to level 50 so you only have that 30% accuracy to depend on. And even then, Suicune is still bulky as all hell so with that outstanding survivability it might still manage to pull it off, possibly even in its sleep. I think Suicune pretty much exists to take a nap and destroy the opposition.

Friendly Genius

It's a lovely game, but it feels like everything takes forever to do. But looking back, I don't think it's really forcing me to do much more work to progress than Ocarina of Time or any other Zelda game, so it's probably all in my head. ^__^;;

So that's how it's calculated, eh? I never knew that, thanks! ^__^ I can see where it would come in handy now.

Omnipresent Traveler

KeithPreston
It's a lovely game, but it feels like everything takes forever to do. But looking back, I don't think it's really forcing me to do much more work to progress than Ocarina of Time or any other Zelda game, so it's probably all in my head. ^__^;;

So that's how it's calculated, eh? I never knew that, thanks! ^__^ I can see where it would come in handy now.

It could be that things seem to take longer because the world itself has gotten so much bigger and there are a lot more places to explore than in older games.

Invisible Nerd

13,250 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Champion 300
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Crystal Mizuka

We've still got our N64 and last I checked, which was probably close to a year ago now, my Silver version was still able to communicate with Stadium 2 using my old save data, but there's no telling how long that will last since once the internal battery runs dry that save data will be lost forever. It was the first game where I actually trained my team up to level 100 without the use of rare candies.

I can always reproduce that team on a newer version, but it'll still be sad day when I turn on the game to find that my save file isn't there anymore. Probably why I haven't checked it in so long. It would be just as well for me not to have to find out.

I don't even wanna think about losing my silver
gonk
I have 249, all but mew and celibi of course...as well as a shiny Swinub, which is now Piloswine...it is the only shiny I have ever found.... surprised , It was also really the first game I played, since previously I had only kicked around on my brother's red version. My Pokemon are also like, mid 90's I think....

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff