Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Genius

Welcome back, Crystal. You were sorely missed, and even after Blaze came on here to let us know that you made it through the hurricane alright, I still spent quite a while worrying. If there's anything, anything at all that I can help with, please let me know.

Omnipresent Traveler

User Image
Because together
We are far stronger
Than we could ever be
When we are alone
Well, I suppose you can start by telling me how you've been in my absence. ^_^

Seriously though, I've been doing just fine. While we were deprived of internet access I actually sat down and re-watched the old Fullmetal Alchemist anime among other things. Of course, now that we've regained internet access I'll have to get back to watching Doctor Who on Netflix, but still. And just yesterday my mom brought home the complete DVD collection of Fractured Fairy Tales so I've been enjoying that too.

Really, my only concern at this point is my shoddy cell reception and there's really not much that can be done about that.

Friendly Genius

Oh, I've managed to keep myself distracted with video games and chatting with friends. Aside from that, it's been work, work, and more work as usual.

I'm glad that you've managed to keep yourself entertained through your little adventure, Crystal, and now that everything sounds like it's back to normal, I hope you enjoy your TV shows. ^___^

If that's the only thing to complain about, I'm rather relieved. I've been hearing all kinds of stuff over the radio about shortages in fuel and other stuff, so I was more than a little worried, and was going to send Blaze a message today asking if he could see if you needed anything, but then you returned!

Omnipresent Traveler

User Image
Because together
We are far stronger
Than we could ever be
When we are alone
We only had to wait in lines for fuel during those three days we were without power and that was manageable since we could track gas stations based on what we heard on the radio. Sure, there were some long lines, but I was there to provide moral support so my mom wouldn't turn back empty handed.

Anyway, with my spotty cell reception Blaze has only been able to get in touch with me sparingly and that isn't showing any signs of improving. Hopefully he'll have time to get online to see that I'm still okay even if he can't seem to get through to me in the meantime.

But yeah, when we lose power and the internet goes down, I've got plenty of stuff in hard copy to keep myself entertained. An entire bookcase full of manga, another bookcase full of books, another shelving unit full of DVD collections and movies, plenty of handheld gaming devices, etc.

The only real challenge was keeping the house warm by having a fire going when there was a shortage on firewood, but I came up with the rather ingenious notion that not all wood is marketed as "firewood" and that we could probably get some lumber from the hardware store in a pinch.

Friendly Genius

So much to deal with all due to a single storm. It certainly sounds like you pulled through a lot to help your mom. ^___^

Hopefully things have settled down by now to the point that you can get back to a more relaxed lifestyle.

Omnipresent Traveler

User Image
Because together
We are far stronger
Than we could ever be
When we are alone
Well, it was really just kind of necessary for me to step it up in order to get things done because my brother was busy working at the restaurant because they still had power and people apparently flock into town to find a place to eat so they can avoid having to cook without power. Naturally, we made do with a camping stove.

But yeah, it's nice having the heat back on so I don't have to stay up half the night tending a fire.

Friendly Genius

Sounds like you guys were essentially camping at home for a while there. Over here, people are still talking on the radio about FEMA and whatever other disaster relief efforts either botching things up, or being tied up in red tape, so I'm just glad you guys got through it without too much trouble. ^___^

Omnipresent Traveler

User Image
Because together
We are far stronger
Than we could ever be
When we are alone
Yeah, we were lucky to get power back after just three days. The rest of the neighborhood up the road from us is on a different part of the grid and a tree came down on the line up the hill and caught fire causing damage to the transformer so they were all without power for the entire week. Most of them have a generator though so they're pretty well prepared for those types of outages. Hell, our next door neighbors were out doing yard work, making a futile attempt to clear away the leaves that had fallen off of the trees, like it was no big deal.

Friendly Genius

It's always impressive how much damage some places can take, while others right next to them can be nearly unscathed. I don't suppose you guys have a generator, too, for when you're the not-so-lucky ones?

Divine Vampire

29,275 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Signature Toys:
Which Toy(s): Halloween limited(Pumpkin Kitty, Toast-o-Lantern, Halloween Digivice), Signature Toys(Everything), Large Signature Toys(Everything)
Total: 7k

Saved all the freebies~

Omnipresent Traveler

KeithPreston
It's always impressive how much damage some places can take, while others right next to them can be nearly unscathed. I don't suppose you guys have a generator, too, for when you're the not-so-lucky ones?

Indeed we do, although we've only really used it to keep the refrigerator running.

Friendly Genius

Yeah, that's pretty much all we use ours for during power outages as well. Well, our two refrigerators and the fridge-sized freezer. ^^;

Romantic Explorer

Signature Toys:
Which Toy(s):
--Halloween Limited (Pumpkin Kitty)
Signature Toys:
--Lava-lamps : Perfect Purple , Balanced Blue
--The Jars : Red Dragon, Grey Dragon, Toaster
--Alphonse Toaster and Edward Toast Complete Set
--Moon Bottle, Sun Bottle, Phoenix Down, Catticus Bacterius, Flying Toaster
--MP3 Players : Moon, Rain
Total: 1550

Omnipresent Traveler

KeithPreston
Yeah, that's pretty much all we use ours for during power outages as well. Well, our two refrigerators and the fridge-sized freezer. ^^;

It sounds like your household has a lot of mouths to feed with that many refrigerators around. o_o emotion_sweatdrop

Omnipresent Traveler

ArtistDirectory
User Image
ohaithere
care to affiliate?
emotion_kirakira
User Image

[url=http://tinyurl.com/cppl63h][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/EEkWf.png[/IMG][/url]

We are looking for affiliates
and people to review
emotion_kirakira
quote me if you'd like