Welcome to Gaia! ::

Omnipresent Traveler

38,250 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
User Image

No more TV, huh? Welcome to the club. Well, we do have Netflix thanks to my brother, but that's barely different from the DVD box sets my mom brings home from time to time. Personally, I spend more time listening to the radio.

Friendly Genius

Oh, we still have cable, I just don't have a box in my room anymore. ^__^; Though, honestly, I wouldn't have minded losing cable. The only thing I think I've watched on my TV in the past couple months was South Park, and I miss them more often than not and watch them online instead.

Omnipresent Traveler

38,250 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
User Image

Ah, that makes sense.

Friendly Genius

Hurray for the weekend! Also, is anyone else surprised by how quickly Halloween is coming up? There was only one thing I wanted to accomplish before it, and my remaining time is swiftly counting down. D=

Omnipresent Traveler

38,250 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
User Image

I haven't really been keeping track of the time lately, but Halloween is definitely approaching much more rapidly than I was anticipating.

Friendly Genius

Time certainly does fly lately. Work at least is feels like an eternity, but it's as if I'm not even home for half an hour before it's time to go back. And somehow, weekend's fly by in even less time.

Perhaps there's some kind of temporal anomaly screwing with my perception, intensifying as we approach December 21st?

Omnipresent Traveler

38,250 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
User Image

You think maybe we're experiencing some of that time compression again?

Friendly Genius

I fear so. This sudden acceleration and deceleration of time goes far beyond mere relativity.

Or maybe, just maybe, this is all just because I still have yet to feel properly rested. Concentration is still rather difficult to come by, and I'm starting to wonder if my lack of sleep has led to ADD or something.

But yeah, it's probably time compression.

Omnipresent Traveler

38,250 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
User Image

I haven't been getting adequate sleep either, although for somewhat different reasons. We've been having problems with hot water pressure again and we chalked it up to the usual calcification in the pipes, but then it turned out there's also sediment getting into the pipes from our water supply and we're going to need to invest in a better filtration system, but then it turned out the entire coil had to be replaced, and then it culminated in the discovery of a crack in our furnace so the whole thing is going to have to be replaced. Fortunately, the furnace is being covered by our home insurance, but it means that my sleep schedule is still going to be somewhat erratic because of not knowing when exactly the plumbers will be showing up to handle the actual repairs or exactly when an agent from the insurance company will be turning up to perform the follow-up inspection. So, all in all we've gone from barely having hot water to no hot water and no heat in the entire house in the span of a week. For now we've been making do with a space heater that has kept the house at a reasonable temperature, but hopefully this will all be sorted out before winter decides to rear its ugly head.

In lighter news, I have been taking advantage of this horribly inconsistent schedule to finally sit down and watch what I can of Doctor Who on Netflix. Let's just say that the twisted ideas that have resulted from this aren't an entirely unexpected consequence.

Friendly Genius

That does not sound like a pleasant time. I guess it's a good thing you guys are getting this fixed before it gets even colder, when the space heater wouldn't be much help at all. Here's hoping that those people all show up in a timely manner so you can get back to your usual schedule. ^__^

Hurray for twisted ideas! I'm thinking of running a little tabletop online, and I may be able to use some of those if I run more than the session I have planned.

Omnipresent Traveler

38,250 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
User Image

It seems like you've amassed more tentacles since I last saw you back in your jar.

And just you all know, we're going to be bracing for some bad weather from the approaching hurricane. My mom is even talking about boarding up the dining room window. Prolonged power outages are expected so you probably won't be hearing from me again for the next few days. In fact, now that I've thought of it, I'd probably better close up shop until this thing passes.

Friendly Genius

I was just wondering why I had been tripping all over myself lately. It's just a little more difficult than usual to keep track of all of these extra appendages.

Thanks for the warning, Crystal. I hope we can get occasional word that you're alright, but I know you guys have been through this stuff before so I trust you to be fine. Stay safe, dry, and warm, and I'll be waiting for you on this end. ^___^

Omnipresent Traveler

38,250 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
User Image

Well, usually when there's a hurricane it will have been downgraded to a tropical storm by the time it reaches us, but this time around it's going to be a much higher intensity storm and some of our own localized weather systems are going to be allowing for it to literally just hang around for the next few days. The flooding probably won't be as bad as it was last year since that turned out to be a 200-300 year flood, but we've still got to worry about the high winds. My brother doesn't think it will be too serious, but his complacency is just plain idiotic. Even if it isn't as bad as my mom seems to think it will be, that's no reason to blow it off and assume we don't have to make any preparations for it.

But yeah, so long as the power holds and I am able to get online, I'll try to keep you posted about how we're holding up out here.

Friendly Genius

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst, right? Your brother had better be helping with the preparations regardless of whether he thinks they're necessary.

I'll appreciate the updates, Crystal. ^__^ I hope you also have stuff to keep you entertained even if the power goes out (get that DS charged!).

Invisible Nerd

13,250 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Champion 300
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items