Welcome to Gaia! ::

Omnipresent Traveler

Sachie Whitby
unholy_blaze
I've always been a fan of Gengar myself, but I just love the look of that whole line. My only problem is how hard leveling them can be until the elite four, as they often don't come with very strong moves for the early levels. Couple that with the frequency of normal types, and your ghost moves suddenly do squat. This is alleviated by psychic and dark moves, but it's best when you can afford to spend TMs to help.

They're probably easier to level in in Red/Green/Blue/Yellow. I remember that anything I didn't stomp to death with Haunter, I could usually stomp to death with Alakazam to the extent that those two pokemon were always several levels higher than the rest of the ones I had.

Well let's see, in R/G/B/Y Haunter learns both Hypnosis and Dream Eater by level 38 and those two moves together can pretty much destroy the entire rest of the game because of how wildly unbalanced psychic type moves were originally. Now, getting there with only Lick, Night Shade or Confuse Ray as fall backs would be tough, but provided you haven't already used it on an electric type you can teach Haunter Thunderbolt as soon as you catch him and that makes training him a snap. Once you make it into Saffron you can even teach him Psychic as a placeholder until he can learn Dream Eater to completely destroy the competition in the Fighting Dojo for some easy EXP as none of their pokemon can lay a hand on him except, maybe, Hitmonchan with the elemental punches. But yeah, in order to train Haunter effectively, you can't afford to be stingy about using your TM's. But once you train him he becomes virtually unstoppable for the rest of the game.

Sheard's Prince

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Crystal Mizuka
Sachie Whitby
unholy_blaze
I've always been a fan of Gengar myself, but I just love the look of that whole line. My only problem is how hard leveling them can be until the elite four, as they often don't come with very strong moves for the early levels. Couple that with the frequency of normal types, and your ghost moves suddenly do squat. This is alleviated by psychic and dark moves, but it's best when you can afford to spend TMs to help.

They're probably easier to level in in Red/Green/Blue/Yellow. I remember that anything I didn't stomp to death with Haunter, I could usually stomp to death with Alakazam to the extent that those two pokemon were always several levels higher than the rest of the ones I had.

Well let's see, in R/G/B/Y Haunter learns both Hypnosis and Dream Eater by level 38 and those two moves together can pretty much destroy the entire rest of the game because of how wildly unbalanced psychic type moves were originally. Now, getting there with only Lick, Night Shade or Confuse Ray as fall backs would be tough, but provided you haven't already used it on an electric type you can teach Haunter Thunderbolt as soon as you catch him and that makes training him a snap. Once you make it into Saffron you can even teach him Psychic as a placeholder until he can learn Dream Eater to completely destroy the competition in the Fighting Dojo for some easy EXP as none of their pokemon can lay a hand on him except, maybe, Hitmonchan with the elemental punches. But yeah, in order to train Haunter effectively, you can't afford to be stingy about using your TM's. But once you train him he becomes virtually unstoppable for the rest of the game.

I think I did something similar because when he just has lick, night shade and confuse ray... it's pretty rough.

Omnipresent Traveler

Sachie Whitby
I think I did something similar because when he just has lick, night shade and confuse ray... it's pretty rough.

A simpler alternative is to remember to return to Viridian City after teaching a pokemon to use Cut so you can get to the guy behind that one little skinny tree to receive the TM for Dream Eater as Haunter learns Hypnosis at level 29 and then you can immediately teach him Dream Eater all in one fell swoop which saves a lot of time and effort. That seems more like the approach I would have actually used in the old days.

At any rate, it just goes to show that there were actually several easier ways to go about training a Haunter/Gengar without having to commit to any difficult level grinding.

Sheard's Prince

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Crystal Mizuka
Sachie Whitby

A simpler alternative is to remember to return to Viridian City after teaching a pokemon to use Cut so you can get to the guy behind that one little skinny tree to receive the TM for Dream Eater as Haunter learns Hypnosis at level 29 and then you can immediately teach him Dream Eater all in one fell swoop which saves a lot of time and effort. That seems more like the approach I would have actually used in the old days.

At any rate, it just goes to show that there were actually several easier ways to go about training a Haunter/Gengar without having to commit to any difficult level grinding.

I don't remember what I did, only that I did use a TM.

Sachie Whitby generated a random number between 1 and 46 ... 37!

Sheard's Prince

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Signature Toys:
Which Toy(s):
The Jars - Blue Dragon // 90g
Misfortune Cookie // 30g
Marvin // 150g
Moon Bottle // 100g
Sun Bottle // 100g
Phoenix Down // 50g
Catticus Bacterius // 150g
Flying Toaster // 150g
Candles - Red // 250g
MP3 Player - Rain // 100g
Total: 1,320g + tip = 1,500g

Dapper Lunatic

9,300 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Megathread 100
Magic: The Gathering is Turring Complete.

In other words, the game is complex enough that you can build an automated system out of it that will have a 3 color output, a "memory tape" that can extend indefinitely in 2 directions, and can reset itself if it does run out of "tape".

It's a complex way to make a simple computer, and it is totally cool.

http://www.toothycat.net/~hologram/Turing/index.html

Omnipresent Traveler

User Image
Because together
We are far stronger
Than we could ever be
When we are alone
That's just evil.
After umpteen years of development the Black Mesa fan remake of HL1 is finally out and being a rare example of a ridiculously delayed game that doesn't completely suck.

Friendly Genius

I was wondering how that game would be.

Also, I just got back from the Renaissance Festival, where I ended up spending way too much money on food, and thirty bucks on these. Not exactly of a functional quality, but still nicer than I had expected for that price.
It's certainly got problems the revolver went from having a zoom in to having iron sights that block half the screen and all of a sudden Freeman can't jump more than 2 inches of the ground without crouching, in a game partially based around platforming it's an unbelievably stupid idea.

Omnipresent Traveler

User Image
Because together
We are far stronger
Than we could ever be
When we are alone
And now I'm left to question how Vic managed to get himself cast as Keldeo in the new Pokemon movie.

Invisible Nerd

13,250 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Champion 300
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Girl-Crazy Lunatic

Bump ye matey! pirate
Fifteen men on a dead cack-handed deck ape's chest
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum
Drink and the devil had done for the rest
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum.
We wrapped 'em all in a mains'l tight
With twice ten turns of a hawser's bight
And we heaved 'em over and out of sight,
With a Yo-Heave-Ho! and a fare-ye-well
And a sudden plunge in the sullen swell
Ten fathoms deep on the road to Davy Jones's locker,
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!Fifteen men on a dead cack-handed deck ape's chest
Ten fathoms deep on the road to Davy Jones's locker,Fifteen men on a dead cack-handed deck ape's chest
Ten fathoms deep on the road to Davy Jones's locker,
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!
Shiver me timbers! Yar! Grab me booty! Walk tha' plank! Batten down tha hatches. Swab tha deck! Get Buried treasure! You are a PIRATE! Where's me parrot? Ye scallywags!Percack-handed deck apeent! All hands on ME! Arrr matey! Yo ho and Avast!Ahoy, Aye, Booty, Black Spot, Jolly Roger, Landlubber, Matey
Parley, Pirate, Shiver me timbers, Walk the plank, Parrot, Helm, Bow
pirate wench ahoy matey jolly roger davy jones booty shiver me timbers scurvy
Aaaarrrrgggghhhh! - exhortation of discontent or disgust
Ahoy! - Hello!
Ahoy, Matey - Hello, my friend!
Ahoy, ye Hearties! - the same as saying "Hello, my friends!"
All hand hoay! - comparable to all hands on deck
Avast ye - avast ye! and check this out or pay attention
Aye - yes
Batten down the hatches - put everything away on the ship and tie everything down because a storm is brewing
Bilge-sucking - insult
Blimey! - exhortation of surprise
Blow me down! - expression of shock of disbelief akin to "Holy Crap!"
Blow the cack-handed deck ape down - command to kill someone
Booty - treasure
Buccaneer - a pirate
Bucko - a buccaneer
Cat O'Nine Tails - a whip with nine strands
Corsair - pirates in the Mediterranean Sea
Crow's nest - small platform atop the mast where the lookout stands
Cutlass - short heavy curved bladed sword used by pirates
Davy Jones' Locker - fabled, mythical place at the bottom of the ocean where the evil spirit of Davy Jones brings sailor and pirates to die
Dead men tell no tales - phrase indicating to leave no survivors
Doubloons - other coins or found in pirate hoards and stashes
Feed the fish - will soon die
Hang 'im from the yardarm - punishment of those captured in battle
Head - the pirate ship's toilet
Heave Ho - give it some muscle and push it
Hempen Halter - a noose for hanging
Hornswaggle - to defraud or cheat out of money or belongings
Jacob's Ladder - the rope ladder one uses to climb aboard a sloop
Jolly Roger - pirate's flag including white skull and crossbones over a black field
Keelhaul - punishment in which a person where dragged underneath the pirate ship from side to side and was lacerated by the barnacles on the vessel
Lad, lass, lassie - a younger person
Landlubber - big, slow clumsy person who doesn't know how to sail
Letters of Marque - letters issue from governments during wartime to privateers endorsing the piracy of another vessel
Man-O-War - pirate's ship outfitted for battle
Me - my
Mizzen - third mast from the bow of the ship on ships that have three or more masts
Old Salt - an experienced sailor
Pieces of eight - coins or found in pirate stashes
Pillage - rob, sack or plunder
Poop deck - the part of the ship farthest to the back, which is usually above the captain's quarters. This is not the bathroom.
Privateer - government-sponsored pirates
Rum - pirate's traditional alcoholic beverage
Run a shot across the bow - warning shot to another vessel's captain
Savvy? - do ye understand and do ye agree?
Scallywag - mild insult akin to rapscallion or rogue
Scurvy dog - the pirate is talking directly to ye with mild insult
Scuttle - to sink a ship
Seadog - old pirate or sailor
Shark bait - will soon join Davy Jones' Locker
Shipshape - cleaned up and under control
Shiver me timbers! - comparable to "Holy Crap!"
Son of a Biscuit Eater - insult directed towards someone ye don't like
Thar she blows! - Whale sighting
Three sheets to the wind - someone who is very drunk. One sheet is mildly three sheets to the wind and four sheets is passed out.
Walk the plank - punishment in which person walks off a board jutting over the side of the ship while at sea. The consequence is drowning and a visit to Davy Jones' Locker.
Weigh anchor and hoist the mizzen! - pull up the anchor and the sail and let's get going
Ye - you
Yo Ho Ho - cheerful exhortation to demand attention
Ye've
Landlubber
Arrrg!
Avast Ye
Scurvy
Parrot
Sea
Ahoy
Ye
Matey
Shiver me timbers
seven seas
poop deck
walk the plank
ships
parrot
pegleg
hook
cannon
Davy Jones' Locker
poop deck
doubloons
booty
loot
treasure
buccaneer

Mount Pabst's Senpai

Naughty Fox

17,025 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Noble Shade 100
  • The Edgiest 250
Tarot Readings
Reading Type: 10 card spread
Public or Private: Doesn't matter, whatever is easier.
Total: 10K am I right? I'll probably double it for a tip if you don't mind....

Did you want a background or anything? As I'm looking for guidance on a certain topic?

Omnipresent Traveler

YamiNozomi
Tarot Readings
Reading Type: 10 card spread
Public or Private: Doesn't matter, whatever is easier.
Total: 10K am I right? I'll probably double it for a tip if you don't mind....

Did you want a background or anything? As I'm looking for guidance on a certain topic?

Whether it's a public reading or a private reading doesn't really impact how I interpret the cards so the decision should be whatever satisfies your own peace of mind. If you don't mind the results being posted here in the shop thread where anyone can read them, then a public reading will be just fine, but if you'd rather keep your results confidential, then I can just send them to you in a PM for your eyes only.

As for how I do my readings, I don't require a detailed background, but since you have a specific question or concern, knowing what it is will help to direct my evaluation of the cards when I'm performing the actual reading.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff