Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Genius

Ahh, I see. I've been meaning to read the Dark Tower series for years, but back then it wasn't finished yet and I had decided to hold off in lieu of all of the books I already had. I've gradually acquired the first three, and if it has your blessing I'll place it higher in the priority of books to read.

Gaiman is pretty damn awesome, and while I haven't gotten into tumblr, I'll try to give his a look eventually. ^__^

As for myself, I've gotten back into the Dune books. I had yet to read the newest ones, but when I found out another one had been published this year, I was inspired to get my a** in gear. I have five books to get through, and the one I started with, Hunters of Dune has been marvelous. Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson are captivating storytellers, and I'm amazed at how quickly the first few chapters refreshed my memory of the original Dune saga's enormous cliffhanger (though it may have helped that I've read all of the originals several times over).

Alright, that's enough of gushing over how much I like Dune. I have to get back to reading it!

Invisible Nerd

13,250 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Champion 300
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Ah, now that Symposium of Post-mysticism is finally out and being translated we finally get access to more delicious Touhou canon.

Omnipresent Traveler

Well now, I've sure been majorly distracted lately. Let's see, the guild just broke the 1000 post mark tonight, we're finishing up our long runner RP thread, and on top of that we've already started on another. So yeah, that stuff has been keeping me pretty busy.

Our oldest cat, Roll, was having some scary health problems last week, but after a quick trip to the vet we got her on the right medication and she's been steadily bouncing back.

Got a second copy of Pokemon Soul Silver so I'd have one that I can play through over and over and over again without having to erase the save data on my other copies that have all those one time event pokemon that will never be released for those versions ever again. Within 4 days I caught a shiny Pidgey. How is it that I can't hatch a shiny Eevee, but I've caught four shiny pokemon in the wild in as many versions? I swear it doesn't make any sense.

Oh, also got Sonic Generations for the PS3. That's been a lot of fun.

Anyway, how goes it with the rest of you?

*~*~*.....................................................................................................*~*~*
"If you're following me and I'm following you, then where are we going?"
*~*~*.....................................................................................................*~*~*
You'd think they'd have finally added a second save file by now.

Omnipresent Traveler

I think that's part of the marketing strategy. Why include multiple save files on one cartridge when people are likely to be buying both versions anyway? I mean, even the games on the GameCube won't save more than one file on a memory card even when there's plenty of storage available for more.

Anyway, the only reason I really went for it when I did is because Game Stop was having a sale on pre-owned games and the price finally got knocked down to $19.99, I get 10% off pre-owned games because of my Power Up Pro membership, and I printed out a coupon for $10 off any pre-owned game using my Reward Points. The end result is that the game ended up costing under $10 when it's normally priced at $29.99 for the pre-owned and $39.99 to get it new. Even the cashier who rung us up was jealous of how evil that was.

How come you couldn't just trade all your event mons onto another cartridge though?

Omnipresent Traveler

Because the Spiky-Eared Pichu was made deliberately impossible to trade to any other version. And I'm enough of a dork to enjoy having multiple cartridges just so I can experiment with using different party line-ups every single time.

Friendly Genius

Stupid internet! It kept refusing to let me load websites over the weekend, and is still a little finicky, but at least it worked this time (and will hopefully work long enough to make a post).

Crystal, I'm glad to hear Roll is doing well, and that you got to acquire a second copy of Soul Silver for additional Pokemon exploits. ^__^

Omnipresent Traveler

As soon as she started feeling better she started getting violent about not wanting to take the antibiotic that she's on, although tomorrow morning will probably be the last dose so she doesn't have to suffer through it too much longer. She's been slightly more cooperative about her thyroid pills, although I still have to make damn sure she swallows them and doesn't just spit them back out, which is good because those she's gonna have to deal with for the rest of her life. Phil and Aliza seem to think I'm just giving Roll special treats because they keep swarming me whenever I go into the cabinet to fetch the medicine. Such silly kittens. And Aliza will be going to the vet overnight tomorrow because she hasn't been fixed yet and she'll be going in for surgery on Wednesday. She honestly has no idea.

Hopefully that second copy of Soul Silver will help tide me over until Black 2 and White 2 make it to America. Strangely enough, Game Stop has already begun taking pre orders.

Dapper Lunatic

9,300 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Megathread 100
To all you zombie fiends and (more importantly) board game enthusiasts, may I present, for your edification, the Zombicide Kickstarter. It's expensive, but may be just what you want. I'm weighing my options on getting it. And getting it before the kickstarter ends (there's a ton of bonus content you get right now).

Tell me what you guys think, because I'm almost at the "shut up and take my money" stage.

Demonic Shapeshifter

Omnipresent Traveler

unholy_blaze
To all you zombie fiends and (more importantly) board game enthusiasts, may I present, for your edification, the Zombicide Kickstarter. It's expensive, but may be just what you want. I'm weighing my options on getting it. And getting it before the kickstarter ends (there's a ton of bonus content you get right now).

Tell me what you guys think, because I'm almost at the "shut up and take my money" stage.

Not surprising considering this seems to contain everything necessary to appeal to your inner zombie fanboy. And, with the right crowd, it seems like it could be a lot of fun. ^_^

Invisible Nerd

13,250 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Champion 300
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Dapper Lunatic

9,300 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Megathread 100
Well, I decided to go for it, and get the game, plus Jehan said he'd chip in for the extra tiles.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff