Welcome to Gaia! ::

v i s i t o rcount (as of 1st of May 2012)

+o n e; <3 1 100.0% [ 2438 ]
Total Votes:[ 2438 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 592 593 594 > >> >>> »|

Shy Cutie-Pie

User Image

Anna Dear_

@Anna Dear_: I see :] Well I don't have class every day, so that helps. Tomorrow's my last class for the week so I'm going home then.
My country is pretty small so my university is not very far away (about half an hour) and many people go back home every night after school.
It is however quite common that you rent a room in the city somewhere (not like official college dorms, but something independent from any school) where you stay during the week and then go home in weekends.
Our universities aren't as expensive as those in other countries either so that's why parents can afford this.
So I'm staying in a little appartment during the week and go home in the weekends.

Only thing bad about the weekends is that I have to drive the car a lot, and I'm still learning and not too good at it, so I don't really like to go driving hehe :3

Golden Gekko

13,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Thread Flip 150
.E m m e l i n e~

Ohhh what country are you from? I am in the process of applying right now, but I am a procrastinator and am very slow when it comes to reading the fine print...
I like driving my car. I don't think I'd mind if I didn't have to, but I love it. I really want a motorcycle for college though. Gas is too expensive=|

Shy Cutie-Pie

User Image

Anna Dear_

@Anna Dear_: I'm from Belgium :] In my country, you don't have to apply to colleges, you just pay the required fee (I think it's only like 500€, which equals maybe 700$?) and then you can follow all classes in a certain faculty (literature, philosophy, lawschool, economics, ..).
Of course you still have to pay for books and stuff too.
I study literature/linguistics myself. What colleges are you applying for? You're going for studies that can help you become a veterinarian?
To rent a room, like I do, it's about 300€, so 500$ a month.. I think that's way cheaper than colleges in America and England and stuff.
Ahh my boyfriend drives a motorcycle! He loves it, he says you feel really free when you're on it n___n I'm always scared he's going to fall though :3

It was nice chatting with you but it's almost midnight here so I'm heading off to bed, got class in the morning!

Maybe see you later <3

Golden Gekko

13,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Thread Flip 150
.E m m e l i n e~

I went to Belgium once when I was really little=3 I think I like Austria or Switzerland the most though. >.< Lucky... So stressful over here. And living expenses are really high too. The cost is horrible...
I don't know what I want to be yet= I like science type stuff and architecture. I got to ride a motorcycle through a field of corn once=3 It was really fun! I want one to drive to work more than anything. >.<
Mmmm I have to study for my economics test tomorrow... This is going to suck=
Goodnight!

Generous Hunter

8,350 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
Thank you! Don't worry, after you open up slots again, I'll be ordering another one. whee

Alien Cultist

WELP
I am jelly of that college setup!
Awesome~

Shy Cutie-Pie

User Image

Anna Dear_

@Anna Dear_: Belgium's not very special, haha :3 I think our college system is good, but it doesn't filter enough.
There are so many people who start in one faculty that is too tough, then have to drop out, start in another etc.. It costs their parents and the government a lot of money and in the end they've achieved nothing.
I think a more strict selection system like in America is maybe better.. We have that for our medicinfaculties though, every student has to take an exam in July and can only start studying to be a doctor in September when he passes the exam.
Good luck on your test!

@Lacey Cupcake: Glad you like it! I noticed their was a blinking animation bug on your blue one, so I fixed it. It will probably take a few days for it to update though!

Hey, I don't suppose anyone here plays/knows about League of Legends? It's the world championship play-offs today til Saturday and everyone who plays is really excited.
They broadcast the matches live in 5 hours from now and we're all set to start watching, hehe.

The finals are next Sunday but I won't be able to watch because it's at like 4am in the morning my time T^T

Generous Hunter

8,350 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
I heard the name before, never knew what it's actually about. confused Time to do research!

Shy Cutie-Pie

User Image

@Lacey Cupcake: It's an online game where you play 5vs5 (usually, you can also play 3vs3) and the objective is to destroy the enemy's turrets and eventually their nexus.
To be able to do that, you have to kill your opponents so that the turret is not protected by anyone and you get a free shot at it.
The more kills your team has, the more gold it has, the better their items are (you can buy items to make your little character you're playing with stronger) and the more you can dominate the game.
There's a choice of 105 charachters and they each excell at a certain role during the game.

Unfortunately, my favourite team isn't winning atm so mmhh T^T

Shy Cutie-Pie

User Image

Ahh my fav team is out the tourney, but my second fav team is still in so I'll root for them then!

cori chama

Here's cori chama's Little Mermaid order, I put a lot of work into the details so I really really hope you like it :3
If you'd like me to change anything though, let me know!:

User Image
[IMG]http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee491/Emmeline_Gyselinck/corichama.gif[/IMG]

Do you guys think I should put the Halloween Limited on this weekend, or is it still too early? I'm trying to compare with other shops but some of them already have it up and others don't..
I'm confused OwO
(I'm talking about the one that will be available until the 31st of October, not the premade)

Alien Cultist

.E m m e l i n e~

; A ; That. Is. Amazing!
I LOVE IT.
SUPER SUPER SUPER HAPPY.
Thank you!
No changes whatso ever~

I would love to have the Limiteds this weekend, BUT I am biased since I will be gone out of town next weekend~
I think you would be find with timing on either on tho, since most shops either start at the beginning of October, oooor towards the middle from what I am seeing~

Alien Cultist

O: You like LoL?
My friend is very much into it (I have tried playing and I am so very, very bad)
and is pretty ok at it~
I never knew they did a tournament like this!
That is neat~
= u =

Shy Cutie-Pie

User Image

cori chama

@cori chama: Ahhh glad you like it! <3 Well the Limited will be available until the 31st so even if you're out of town 1 weekend you can still buy it the next.
I'll browse around shops some more to see what others are doing.

Yep, I play LoL myself but I'm not supergood or anything.. I just play for fun, not to get to a high level play, but I really enjoy watching streams of high level plays.
so this weekend it's the world championship and I like watching the matches!

Alien Cultist

.E m m e l i n e~

I do! ; u ;
otz I was misreading it as being the other one...which idek how I did that...
SO YES, I can so even more so of I think either choice would be good timing on your part~

ahahah sounds kinda like meee
I do really, really love watching people play games I like. It is so much fun!

Yup, I only play when my friend is like: WILL YOU SUCK IT UP AND PLAY WITH ME? lol

What is the name of your favorite team? and then the one you are rooting for now?

What do they get for winning?

Shy Cutie-Pie

User Image

cori chama

@cori chama: My favourite team was CLG.na but they have dropped off a lot over the last year.
They were one of the top teams last year but now with their roster changes, they really fell off.
I still like the people in it though, so I just wanted to support who I like, and not who I think would win everything because I think that's being a hypocrite.
I'm now supporting for CLG.eu, they're the european team of CLG so I stay within the same team :]
If CLG.eu falls out too, I don't really care much who wins but I think i'm going to support the korean teams.
Because I'm a big fan of the korean people/culture/music and I think they really deserve it because they have very innovating teamplays and some of the cocky teams (TSM and M5) really need to be taught a lesson by them.
That's my opinion ^o ^"

They get money for winning, but i'm not sure how much.. It's usually more than 50 000 dollars though!
Those high level players, they really do that as a profession.. they earn enough money just by playing in these tourneys and streaming their games online (sponsorships and stuff)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff