Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
Well actually Michael really looked up to James Brown. So I think without James Brown there would be no Michael.
-Applauds your new opening post-
I like it. It's well thought out, and makes sense.
Who would want to insult of Elvis though? People who hate musicians just because of their personal life or some such are so strange. I can't judge a person I don't know harshly until I get to know them better.
Unless their trolls. Trolls are just silly.
Kiba Shinzu
Who would want to insult of Elvis though? People who hate musicians just because of their personal life or some such are so strange. I can't judge a person I don't know harshly until I get to know them better.
Uh-oh.

They're - Like, "They are..." or "They are tall enough to go on the ride."
Their - Possession, like "that is their dog."

So, in this case: "Unless they're trolls." or "Unless they are trolls."

Anyways~ I guess I can thank Elvis for not only opening doors for black musicians, but also making their style 'cool' enough to make even the hardcore white fans who think Elvis was the be-all, end-all to rock and roll to emulate the black style he borrowed from the black people, even if they flat-out don't like black people, I smell indirect love for them on the fold. Or, we can all believe he learned that style from some guy named Forrest Gump.
[Kasumiko]
Kiba Shinzu
Uh-oh.

Anyways~ I guess I can thank Elvis for not only opening doors for black musicians, but also making their style 'cool' enough to make even the hardcore white fans who think Elvis was the be-all, end-all to rock and roll to emulate the black style he borrowed from the black people, even if they flat-out don't like black people, I smell indirect love for them on the fold. Or, we can all believe he learned that style from some guy named Forrest Gump.

Good lord. At this rate, I'll flunk out of College English. I need to reread my posts from now on.
Thanks for always catching it though. Now I know that I'm making mistakes.
It's easier to sound them out; if you're having difficulties with distinguishing the differences--just break apart the one with the apostrophe and use that in a sentence; if it doesn't work, interchange it with the other and see if that works.

Ex: There going to kill him... Their going to kill him... They are going to kill him. [They're going to kill him.]

Ex2: That's yore dog... That's you are dog... That's you're dog... [That's your dog.] ~Also notice That's, can be broken into 'That is', so it supports the idea of breaking it down for ease.
[Kasumiko]
It's easier to sound them out; if you're having difficulties with distinguishing the differences--just break apart the one with the apostrophe and use that in a sentence; if it doesn't work, interchange it with the other and see if that works.

Ex: There going to kill him... Their going to kill him... They are going to kill him. [They're going to kill him.]

Ex2: That's yore dog... That's you are dog... That's you're dog... [That's your dog.] ~Also notice That's, can be broken into 'That is', so it supports the idea of breaking it down for ease.

Thanks for this. I think I know why my sister says I rush when I write now. I think this might help me bit though.
Sorry I make all those mistakes, it must be a pain to correct me all the time, huh? Thanks anyways.
No problem. I do voluntary work as a fellow college student correcting the papers of my peers, so they can avoid directly putting their head under the guillotine when they submit their work. I have, and will see worse. But, the advice I give is simple A-B-C, bare-bones, stripped-down mechanics to help them learn the mechanics in a general sense.
wit james brown der would be no michael
first of all elvis didnt start **** maybe sucide but michael jackson would b here with or without elvis...michael jackson started his career bcuz of his talent ur jus dumb

1,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
WHAT ABOUT BOB MARLY

Leaf

The James Brown thing is not the point. I'm talking about history, not direct links.

Why are trolls so stupid

Leaf

[Kasumiko]
Kiba Shinzu
Uh-oh.

Forrest Gump is a pretty credible guy.

Leaf

[Kasumiko]
No problem. I do voluntary work as a fellow college student correcting the papers of my peers, so they can avoid directly putting their head under the guillotine when they submit their work. I have, and will see worse. But, the advice I give is simple A-B-C, bare-bones, stripped-down mechanics to help them learn the mechanics in a general sense.
Well all funny people are geniuses as well. True fact.
Millie Nao
miyabi_wynn
i see no link between them whatsoever
new first post

first post......ok...wait...what?!

550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
Millie Nao
One music genre created another; without Elvis who popularized music that had been only listened to by blacks, there never would have been pop. Without pop, Michael Jackson never would have had the platform to show off his talents and hypnotize all of you. Whether or not Elvis stole is besides the point. Stealing is wrong yes, very wrong, especially when it is someone else's hard work. Don't do it. BUT the point is that you should all appreciate Elvis just a little bit because he is partially responsible for Michael Jackson's fame. Without Elvis, the music that would evolve into pop would never have reached the ears of the wealthy, white, producers and such. Is it sad that white's ruled the roost back then? Yes, it is sad and wrong that it was that way but this is not my point. There is no need to talk about how Elvis was some sort of mean racist. This is not the point.

So please, there is no reason to bash Elvis. You should appreciate Elvis's valueable place in music history and how he infact, did break down racial barriers with his music. The songs he sang were enjoyed by everyone, young and old, black and white, similar to Michael Jackson. Elvis did have his haters of course, just like Michael Jackson. What's this! Elvis and Michael Jackson are similar! Pioneers of fashion of the era!? Musical giants!? Some of the biggest memorials ever!?

WAIT WAIT WAIT
forgive me right now but I have to:
Who is that man in the mirror? Is it Michael Jackson? Is it Elvis? I don't know.

Elvis also had a year long love affair with Ann-Margret and she's wonderful. Who is she? Look her up. Don't bash her for being old. She's still beautiful and talented.

I hope you can all appreciate what I have just said. If you have any corrections or additions please tell me as politely as possible. Thank you, I will gladly alter anything that is incorrect.

wat is u talkin bout??? i understand dat u luv elvis but he didnt born michael!!!, their music is nothin alike!! wats rong with u???? michael was sent 2 sent us peace, luv, n unity....he's the best not even elvis can compare to him....haft the world dont even no hu elvis is....wen michael dies n wen elvis dies is 2 diferent story, 12 poeple kill themseft because michael die..nobody kill themseft wen elvis die!!! so dat should tell u somethin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff