Michael Jackson was:

NOT AN ARTIST 0.13333333333333 13.3% [ 18 ]
A musician 0.7037037037037 70.4% [ 95 ]
A giraffe 0.16296296296296 16.3% [ 22 ]
Total Votes:[ 135 ]
< 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 12 >
Millie Nao
[Kasumiko]
When I think painter, I think--oh, he's pretty good. When I think artist, I think--oh, he's trying to make a living but just can't quite cut it.
I agree.
You don't here people call themselves "starving painter"

It really does come down to a personal preference. If Meryl Streep wanted me to call her a goldfish then I would. If that's how she interpreted her job, I'd readily respect it. If some honest nobody sculptor wanted me to call him an artist, I'd do it.
Oh yeah, when I hear someone say "he was one of the greatest artists of our time," when speaking of a painter, or artist, in my mind I'm automatically concluding: "Okay, so the guy had a shitty life, probably died trying to get somebody to appreciate his works, but only after he died did somebody realize 'Hey, this guy could actually do s**t!' and hence, must have been deserving of the 'greatest' title, given the years of suffering that was taken note of. Not." Since he no longer owns his works, and its profitable--of course he'd be the greatest.

Prophet

[Kasumiko]
Millie Nao
[Kasumiko]
When I think painter, I think--oh, he's pretty good. When I think artist, I think--oh, he's trying to make a living but just can't quite cut it.
I agree.
You don't here people call themselves "starving painter"

It really does come down to a personal preference. If Meryl Streep wanted me to call her a goldfish then I would. If that's how she interpreted her job, I'd readily respect it. If some honest nobody sculptor wanted me to call him an artist, I'd do it.
Oh yeah, when I hear someone say "he was one of the greatest artists of our time," when speaking of a painter, or artist, in my mind I'm automatically concluding: "Okay, so the guy had a shitty life, probably died trying to get somebody to appreciate his works, but only after he died did somebody realize 'Hey, this guy could actually do s**t!' and hence, must have been deserving of the 'greatest' title, given the years of suffering that was taken note of. Not." Since he no longer owns his works, and its profitable--of course he'd be the greatest.
I spelled hear wrong.

and yes to what you wrote.

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
ok if u were smart u would no that its called a music artist because it an art.... music is a type of art!
Here we go, the 'let's generalize everything' comment.

Prophet

[Kasumiko]
Here we go, the 'let's generalize everything' comment.
I don't think she read either.
Then she would know I acknowledged that music is art
but a musician is not necessarily an artist.
A lot people like to skip past the first post, I guess.

Prophet

i like him
Millie Nao
tl:dr
I do that with flamers.

Prophet

3,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
Micheal Jackson was an Artist who made a revolutionary step into the music we all listen to and love

Prophet

bulldawgchick
Micheal Jackson was an musician who made a revolutionary step into the music we all listen to and love
i fixed it for you.

Prophet

User Image
He drew that, by the way.
So...
Yah. He is an artist?
Welcome Bucky
User Image
He drew that, by the way.
So...
Yah. He is an artist?

Wow. That's kinda cool.