A giraffe 0.16296296296296 16.3% [ 22 ]
Total Votes:[ 135 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 >

Leaf

I never said music isn't an art form.
Performing artist I'm okay with.

Leaf

Kiba Shinzu
Now now, must I beat you over the head with a dictionary?
...Not that I could, cause this is the internets, but still!!

lol sorry, but facts is facts, I can't change 'em.
yea.
Aw well.
This is what happens when I get mad at idiots.
I become an idiot.
And I was doing so well too.
damn it.
Millie Nao
He was this: a musician, singer, composer, writer, actor, entertainer.
He was not an artist because he did not paint anything. He did not manifest his inner self in 2-d media so that it could be hung on a wall. Artist, paint.
Yes! Music is an "art" form. But Michael Jackson did not make "art" he made music.
Do you understand these titles? They are very important to those in the arts.
You would not call Meryl Streep an artist, would you? No! Because she's an ACTRESS not an ARTIST! You wouldn't call John Lennon an artist because he was a MUSICIAN not an ARTIST! You wouldn't call Picasso a MUSICIAN or an ACTOR because he was an ARTIST. Do you understand?
Michael Jackson was not a talented artist, he was a talented musician. Artist is NOT a term which anyone who makes a living doing anything under the umbrella of ART falls under. They have their own umbrellas. Okay? Do we get it? Do we understand? Can we stop calling him an artist now?

Great! Now go talk about how much you love him so I don't get banned.

artists use other mediums than paint and he had a fashion line so it technically qualifies him to be an artist

Leaf

elletheangelizprfct48
Millie Nao
He was this: a musician, singer, composer, writer, actor, entertainer.
He was not an artist because he did not paint anything. He did not manifest his inner self in 2-d media so that it could be hung on a wall. Artist, paint.
Yes! Music is an "art" form. But Michael Jackson did not make "art" he made music.
Do you understand these titles? They are very important to those in the arts.
You would not call Meryl Streep an artist, would you? No! Because she's an ACTRESS not an ARTIST! You wouldn't call John Lennon an artist because he was a MUSICIAN not an ARTIST! You wouldn't call Picasso a MUSICIAN or an ACTOR because he was an ARTIST. Do you understand?
Michael Jackson was not a talented artist, he was a talented musician. Artist is NOT a term which anyone who makes a living doing anything under the umbrella of ART falls under. They have their own umbrellas. Okay? Do we get it? Do we understand? Can we stop calling him an artist now?

Great! Now go talk about how much you love him so I don't get banned.

artists use other mediums than paint and he had a fashion line so it technically qualifies him to be an artist
or a fashion designer.
So a painter wants to be called an artist? Tsk... so many negative thoughts associated with the word.
Millie Nao
Kiba Shinzu
Now now, must I beat you over the head with a dictionary?
...Not that I could, cause this is the internets, but still!!

lol sorry, but facts is facts, I can't change 'em.
yea.
Aw well.
This is what happens when I get mad at idiots.
I become an idiot.
And I was doing so well too.
damn it.

It's alright, it happens to the best of us now and then. Just get back up, dust yourself off, and get right back on that pedestal.
-offers you a cookie-
Wanna feel better cyber cookie?

Leaf

All I'm trying to do is encourage you all to be more specific. It's like using pronouns. You can't say. "She had a cat. Her cat was brown." Who is she? Now correctly, "Mary had a cat. Her cat was brown."
The pronoun is okay because you were specific in the first related clause.
The same can go for what my first post was about.
Though I was rather dramatic, maybe if I exaggerate, you can all understand the principle.

Leaf

[Kasumiko]
So a painter wants to be called an artist? Tsk... so many negative thoughts associated with the word.
I have successfully tongue tied myself
via the internet.
It' like foreplay but he already came.
When I think painter, I think--oh, he's pretty good. When I think artist, I think--oh, he's trying to make a living but just can't quite cut it.

2,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
WHEN I HEARD HE DIED I WAS LIKE WTH HE CAN DIE NOW HES ONLY 50 (OR SOMEWHERE IN THE 50S) HE WAS SO TALENTED!!!

350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
micheal was a dog that was my leader that was my favorite pop star he is the pop king r.i.p micheal jackson crying heart stressed scream evil twisted rolleyes dramallama wahmbulance emo cheese_whine burning_eyes pirate rofl ninja
Spider_XxX_Punk
WHEN I HEARD HE DIED I WAS LIKE WTH HE CAN DIE NOW HES ONLY 50 (OR SOMEWHERE IN THE 50S) HE WAS SO TALENTED!!!
And clocking in at eight posts, you were probably too damn lazy to read the first post.

2,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
[Kasumiko]
Spider_XxX_Punk
And clocking in at eight posts, you were probably too damn lazy to read the first post.

YEAH I KINDA JUST WROTE

Leaf

[Kasumiko]
When I think painter, I think--oh, he's pretty good. When I think artist, I think--oh, he's trying to make a living but just can't quite cut it.
I agree.
You don't here people call themselves "starving painter"

It really does come down to a personal preference. If Meryl Streep wanted me to call her a goldfish then I would. If that's how she interpreted her job, I'd readily respect it. If some honest nobody sculptor wanted me to call him an artist, I'd do it.

Leaf

Spider_XxX_Punk
[Kasumiko]
Spider_XxX_Punk

YEAH I KINDA JUST WROTE
rofl

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas