Michael Jackson was:

NOT AN ARTIST 0.13333333333333 13.3% [ 18 ]
A musician 0.7037037037037 70.4% [ 95 ]
A giraffe 0.16296296296296 16.3% [ 22 ]
Total Votes:[ 135 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 >

Leaf

Quote:
And the OP has a username. I dislike it greatly when people refer to the OP as OP.

confused Okay, if you're going to post in a forum, you're going to have to get over that. Sorry if you were offended but seriously, it doesn't matter.
golden-cat143
Quote:
And the OP has a username. I dislike it greatly when people refer to the OP as OP.

confused Okay, if you're going to post in a forum, you're going to have to get over that. Sorry if you were offended but seriously, it doesn't matter.
Pardon me, but that's akin to slapping someone in the face, and then apologizing not because you are truly sorry, but because you knew you were going to attract further criticism if you did not. The 'original poster', or Millie Nao even made her wishes to be addressed accordingly, seeing as how it was disrespectful to her in referring to her as such--but what I find even more of an insult is flinging mud over an issue that was buried on the fourth page, which should have been solved close to it. Now we are on the eleventh page, and the ironic statement of asking Millie Nao to 'get over that' is you somehow managed to bring it up, rather than just being more respectful about it in the long term, not abiding by your concept of getting over this.
Reported for spamming.

Leaf

Leaf

VXS-Alpha
golden-cat143
Quote:

Pardon me, but that's akin to slapping someone in the face, and then apologizing not because you are truly sorry, but because you knew you were going to attract further criticism if you did not. The 'original poster', or Millie Nao even made her wishes to be addressed accordingly, seeing as how it was disrespectful to her in referring to her as such--but what I find even more of an insult is flinging mud over an issue that was buried on the fourth page, which should have been solved close to it. Now we are on the eleventh page, and the ironic statement of asking Millie Nao to 'get over that' is you somehow managed to bring it up, rather than just being more respectful about it in the long term, not abiding by your concept of getting over this.
this made me very happy.

Leaf

golden-cat143
Quote:

so far, people I've asked, have listened and done so. You just don't want to because I think the dictionary is silly and Michael Jackson is even more silly. When I'm in an argument I call people by what they like to be called because then they listen better. You're more likely to jump at your name being yelled then some other slur.

oh look, another life lesson. There it goes, clear over your head. Grab it! Quickly!
Millie Nao
golden-cat143
Quote:

so far, people I've asked, have listened and done so. You just don't want to because I think the dictionary is silly and Michael Jackson is even more silly. When I'm in an argument I call people by what they like to be called because then they listen better. You're more likely to jump at your name being yelled then some other slur.

oh look, another life lesson. There it goes, clear over your head. Grab it! Quickly!

You make no sense.
Millie Nao
He was this: a musician, singer, composer, writer, actor, entertainer.
He was not an artist because he did not paint anything. He did not manifest his inner self in 2-d media so that it could be hung on a wall. Artist, paint.
Yes! Music is an "art" form. But Michael Jackson did not make "art" he made music.
Do you understand these titles? They are very important to those in the arts.
You would not call Meryl Streep an artist, would you? No! Because she's an ACTRESS not an ARTIST! You wouldn't call John Lennon an artist because he was a MUSICIAN not an ARTIST! You wouldn't call Picasso a MUSICIAN or an ACTOR because he was an ARTIST. Do you understand?
Michael Jackson was not a talented artist, he was a talented musician. Artist is NOT a term which anyone who makes a living doing anything under the umbrella of ART falls under. They have their own umbrellas. Okay? Do we get it? Do we understand? Can we stop calling him an artist now?

I apologize for offending all of you. But understand what I have just done. I have become the better person until all of you acknowledge what I have done just now.

Great! Now go talk about how much you love him so I don't get banned.

karma, karma, karma

Leaf

golden-cat143
Millie Nao
golden-cat143
Quote:

You make no sense.
Then you're not paying attention.

Leaf

sexy_sheryl_1
Millie Nao
He was this: a musician, singer, composer, writer, actor, entertainer.
He was not an artist because he did not paint anything. He did not manifest his inner self in 2-d media so that it could be hung on a wall. Artist, paint.
Yes! Music is an "art" form. But Michael Jackson did not make "art" he made music.
Do you understand these titles? They are very important to those in the arts.
You would not call Meryl Streep an artist, would you? No! Because she's an ACTRESS not an ARTIST! You wouldn't call John Lennon an artist because he was a MUSICIAN not an ARTIST! You wouldn't call Picasso a MUSICIAN or an ACTOR because he was an ARTIST. Do you understand?
Michael Jackson was not a talented artist, he was a talented musician. Artist is NOT a term which anyone who makes a living doing anything under the umbrella of ART falls under. They have their own umbrellas. Okay? Do we get it? Do we understand? Can we stop calling him an artist now?

I apologize for offending all of you. But understand what I have just done. I have become the better person until all of you acknowledge what I have done just now.

Great! Now go talk about how much you love him so I don't get banned.

karma, karma, karma
I wouldn't call it karma.
I'd call it Schoolhouse Rock.
golden-cat143
Millie Nao
golden-cat143
Quote:

You make no sense.

I've learned that you need to read her posts over and over again just to be sure you get what she is saying. I think she kind of threw the MJ being a musician and dictionary comment too close to to the "calling the OP by their username."

By the way, Hi Golden-cat! whee

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces