Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm sure some people will think I sound stupid or that I'm being too technical, but would hardcore and post hardcore music be considered "metal" in a sense that they belong in this thread? sweatdrop Just want to know before I post something stupid here. xp
At this point it doesnt really matter.

But I warn you, if it is stuff like Asking Alexandria and other s**t like that, people will probably give you a hard time.

But if you're talking about actually decent hardcore and post hardcore you wont get harassed to easily.
Ahh, I listen to a wide range of it; I do listen to Asking Alexandria, probably got more respect for them after having seen them and actually being in a band. sweatdrop I'll take my chances. Thanks a lot for the answer. cool
Make Me Freakin Famous
Ahh, I listen to a wide range of it; I do listen to Asking Alexandria, probably got more respect for them after having seen them and actually being in a band. sweatdrop I'll take my chances. Thanks a lot for the answer. cool

Funny, being in a band made me respect them a lot less.
Hey man, that's you; they've actually got some raw talent, and they work hard. They're not, well, as "big" as they are just because that sort of thing just happens. They make good music and put everything into it, they just know how to have fun while doing it. If people got a problem with that, well, everyone is entitled to an opinion. dramallama
Make Me Freakin Famous
Hey man, that's you; they've actually got some raw talent, and they work hard. They're not, well, as "big" as they are just because that sort of thing just happens. They make good music and put everything into it, they just know how to have fun while doing it. If people got a problem with that, well, everyone is entitled to an opinion. dramallama

No they actually know how to play open palm muted notes in 4/4 really well.

That is about it.
Make Me Freakin Famous
they're popular because a lot of people, you included, have no idea what it means to write good music.
.-. Do me a favor? Get where they are, then mock them. I don't like all music, but I don't bash other bands, because it's not easy to make it, or even be in a band. I'm guessing you don't like them, but.. Oh, never mind. sweatdrop
And now, all of a sudden, everyone thinks all I listen to is Asking Alexandria.
Make Me Freakin Famous
.-. Do me a favor? Get where they are, then mock them. I don't like all music, but I don't bash other bands, because it's not easy to make it, or even be in a band. I'm guessing you don't like them, but.. Oh, never mind. sweatdrop

Apparently that's not the case if Asking Alexandria exists and has fans.

Friendly Raider

I created a song in 4/4<<<< better than AA
Not your kind of hardcore.

Also, I feel it's important to let you know that someone's musical abilities are completely irrelevant when evaluating the quality of a professional band or musician. It's their job to make good music, and if people feel that they aren't making good music, it's their right to criticize that band. Even if Asking Alexandria was an incredibly technically proficient band (which they're not), that level of technical proficiency would be completely inconsequential if the music doesn't sound good. Hell, there are tons of bands that have great technical abilities, but absolutely no songwriting abilities, and because of that, their music sounds terrible. The real talent is in composition.

Hygienic Humorist

These types of Hardcore/Post-Hardcore are accepted here usually.

Metalcore and Deathcore will face ridicule.
Am I at least allowed to talk about bands like The Black Dahlia Murder, Veil of Maya, August Burns Red, Born of Osiris, or 3 Inches of Blood? .-.
Also, before someone says it, I know they're not all hardcore. ._.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff