Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Survivor

You know that French-Canandian thrash band that released nothingface? The hell happened to them?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Site hasn't been updated in a year so...I think they're dead.

1,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Trader 100
Successor Of Fate
You know that French-Canandian thrash band that released nothingface? The hell happened to them?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Site hasn't been updated in a year so...I think they're dead.

No there still around in fact there about to release a live album
Still around.

1,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Trader 100
Sad thing there original guitarist, Piggy, passed away in 2005.
R.I.P PIGGY

5,600 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
I was more of a Prong kind of guy.

1,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Trader 100
Satanic Slaughter
I was more of a Prong kind of guy.

I like Voivod more when they were mainly Thrash Metal. Although, Voivod never loss there Thrash sound they just began to mix prog in to there music.

6,800 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I love Nothingface. Such a great song.

Possibly the best underrated progressive (if you will) metal band out there.

Ruthless Bloodsucker

15,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
They're writing stuff at the moment, actually. I think they've played one new song live, which sounds pretty promising.

*resident Voivod fan*
I have their self-titled (which was pretty alright), and I'm planning on getting The Outer Limits and Dimension Hatross soon.

Awesome band.

1,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Trader 100
Quarry To My Conscience
I have their self-titled (which was pretty alright), and I'm planning on getting The Outer Limits and Dimension Hatross soon.

Awesome band.

Try and look for there debut album, War and Pain as well, you won't be disappointed.

Ruthless Bloodsucker

15,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Mad Thrashing Matt
Quarry To My Conscience

Awesome band.

Try and look for there debut album, War and Pain as well, you won't be disappointed.
Do you have RRROOOAAARRR? You seem like the kind of person who'd appreciate how ridiculously metal it is (the spiky tank on the cover, the amazing over-the-top lyrics, just everything in general really).

My friend and I made the spiky tank during a sandcastle competition this year and didn't win. It clearly just scared everyone away.

1,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Trader 100
Lieutenant Commander Data
Mad Thrashing Matt
Quarry To My Conscience

Awesome band.

Do you have RRROOOAAARRR? You seem like the kind of person who'd appreciate how ridiculously metal it is (the spiky tank on the cover, the amazing over-the-top lyrics, just everything in general really).

My friend and I made the spiky tank during a sandcastle competition this year and didn't win. It clearly just scared everyone away.

Sadly I don't have RRROOOAAARRR because I hear its no longer being printed. I learn this when I asked my local record store manger if they had a copy. Hope Voivod release that album.

Ruthless Bloodsucker

15,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Mad Thrashing Matt
Lieutenant Commander Data
Mad Thrashing Matt
Quarry To My Conscience

Awesome band.

Sadly I don't have RRROOOAAARRR because I hear its no longer being printed. I learn this when I asked my local record store manger if they had a copy. Hope Voivod release that album.

I think they rereleased it in 2001, only that version seems to go for even more on eBay than the original :/ I also know that Voivod don't really like the album either - but, hey, we can hope. It definitely deserves a remaster as well, the production is kind of weak.

Managed to get my copy for about half of what it should've gone for, which was nice. Musically it's a bit hit-and-miss, but I still love it because it's just so metal. Also, 'Korgull The Exterminator' is genuinely awesome.
Mad Thrashing Matt
Quarry To My Conscience

Awesome band.

Dude, you're preaching to the choir. I'm a long-time fan of Voivod. biggrin I've heard their whole discography. I'm just talking about owning physical copies. But thanks for the recommendation anyway.
Nah they're still making stuff. Piggy, the guitarist (Denis D'amour) is dead (2005), but their newest album was in 2009. Not as good as their pre-1990 stuff. The Outer Limits was very good, the only album I enjoyed from the 90's by Voivod. But yeah, they're still alive.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff