Welcome to Gaia! ::

Necr0lust
Je suis un automaton!
Well it MUST be good if its seconded.

-runs off to amazon-

Already listened to Killswitch Engage, Fear Factory, and Death though.

-feels proud-

No, it MUST be good because I seconded it xp

Now, go listen to it.

Sounds about right. xd
Revengeance
Necr0lust
Je suis un automaton!

-runs off to amazon-

-feels proud-

Now, go listen to it.

Sounds about right. xd

Seeing as he's new to metal, the profundity of Far Away From The Sun may escape him xp
Necr0lust
Revengeance
Necr0lust
Je suis un automaton!

-runs off to amazon-

-feels proud-

Now, go listen to it.

Sounds about right. xd

Seeing as he's new to metal, the profundity of Far Away From The Sun may escape him xp

Well he mentioned Behemoth, that's why I mentioned that album.

Plus, it's just damn good.
Revengeance
Necr0lust
Revengeance
Necr0lust
Je suis un automaton!

-runs off to amazon-

-feels proud-

Now, go listen to it.

Sounds about right. xd

I would assume he meant latter-day Behemoth and not their BM material, judging by his band list, but who knows?

Yes, first time I listened to it, it blew me away and pretty much made Dissection obsolete.
Necr0lust
Revengeance
Necr0lust
Revengeance
Necr0lust
Je suis un automaton!

-runs off to amazon-

-feels proud-

Now, go listen to it.

Sounds about right. xd

I would assume he meant latter-day Behemoth and not their BM material, judging by his band list, but who knows?

Yes, first time I listened to it, it blew me away and pretty much made Dissection obsolete.

3nodding

Dissection's first two albums are damn good though, no doubt.
Revengeance
Necr0lust
Revengeance
Necr0lust
Revengeance

Sounds about right. xd

3nodding

Dissection's first two albums are damn good though, no doubt.

I only listened to bits and pieces of The Somberlain a few times as BG music, never really gave it a chance. Methinks SotLB is much better though. Esp. the ingenious "Thorns of Crimson Death". I've always had a soft spot for that album and it amazes me with its simultaneous technical flair and keen eye to atmosphere.
i've recently run into a band called bathory.

anybody know any good cd's or songs i should download?
hitiuga

Bathory, The Return, Under the Sign of the Black Mark, Blood Fire Death, Hammerheart, Blood on Ice, Nordland I and Nordland II.

Those albums.
thnx loads dude
Revengeance
hitiuga

Bathory, The Return, Under the Sign of the Black Mark, Blood Fire Death, Hammerheart, Blood on Ice, Nordland I and Nordland II.

Those albums.

these three are absolutely mandatory
Necr0lust
Revengeance
hitiuga

Those albums.

Twilight of the Gods >>>>>>>>>>>> Hammerheart. Nordland I tends to be a good bit more enjoyable than Hammerheart as well.
Draomere
Necr0lust
Revengeance
hitiuga

Those albums.

Twilight of the Gods >>>>>>>>>>>> Hammerheart. Nordland I tends to be a good bit more enjoyable than Hammerheart as well.

Haven't heard em. UTSOTBM, no way anything he did can top that one.
Necr0lust
Draomere
Necr0lust
Revengeance
hitiuga

Those albums.

Ah, I actually didn't honestly care for his BM material. I just tend to have some measure of respect for it. Blood Fire Death is about as far as I go for enjoying Bathory's BM material.

I mainly tend to hate how much Hammerheart is praised. It's cool that it was the album that created Viking Metal, but it's still only a mediocre album.
Draomere
Necr0lust
Draomere
Necr0lust
Revengeance
hitiuga

Those albums.

Ah, I actually didn't honestly care for his BM material. I just tend to have some measure of respect for it. Blood Fire Death is about as far as I go for enjoying Bathory's BM material.

I mainly tend to hate how much Hammerheart is praised. It's cool that it was the album that created Viking Metal, but it's still only a mediocre album.

O_O I barely consider BFD "Black Metal," but it's closer to Black than Viking or Thrash.

UTSOTBM is one of the greatest albums of the 80's for certain. Incredibly groundbreaking too.

I don't see how HH is "mediocre." Maybe when you've heard 800,000 Viking Metal albums, but I've never listened to anything in that genre, except certain songs from certain bands. HH is a powerful album AFAIC, especially "From Father To Son," "Baptized By Fire And Ice," and the last track. And I've only heard it twice for ******** sake.
Necr0lust
Draomere
Necr0lust
Draomere
Necr0lust

O_O I barely consider BFD "Black Metal," but it's closer to Black than Viking or Thrash.

UTSOTBM is one of the greatest albums of the 80's for certain. Incredibly groundbreaking too.

I don't see how HH is "mediocre." Maybe when you've heard 800,000 Viking Metal albums, but I've never listened to anything in that genre, except certain songs from certain bands. HH is a powerful album AFAIC, especially "From Father To Son," "Baptized By Fire And Ice," and the last track. And I've only heard it twice for ******** sake.
Sorry, my experience in the genre tends to cloud my judgment of the "power" HH has.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff