Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Bookworm

12,050 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
I mostly listen to Symphonic, but I found Lordi recently and was deeply entertained. (What? I never said I was quick on the uptake).

Similar groups?

4,400 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
If anyone's got any instrumental metal, something like Scale the Summit, the knowledge would be greatly appreciated. biggrin
I need me some more ZEUHL ********, ZEUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHL!
Shokk Value
If anyone's got any instrumental metal, something like Scale the Summit, the knowledge would be greatly appreciated. biggrin

Animals as Leaders
Blotted Science
Earthless
Liquid Tension Experiment
Mastery's Lethal Legacy
Pelican
Planet X
Sleep Terror
Revengeance
Shokk Value

Animals as Leaders
Blotted Science
Mastery's Lethal Legacy
Pelican
Planet X
Sleep Terror

Spastic Ink
Earthless
Electro Quarterstaff
os abysmi
Revengeance
Shokk Value

Animals as Leaders
Blotted Science
Earthless
Mastery's Lethal Legacy
Pelican
Planet X
Sleep Terror

Spastic Ink
Electro Quarterstaff

Forgot about them

4,400 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
Revengeance
os abysmi
Revengeance
Shokk Value

Animals as Leaders
Blotted Science
Earthless
Mastery's Lethal Legacy
Pelican
Planet X
Sleep Terror

Spastic Ink
Electro Quarterstaff

Forgot about them

Thanks a bunch guys, really diggin' the Animals to Leaders stuff.
Revengeance
Shokk Value

Pelican

Russian Circles
Adai
terradi
I mostly listen to Symphonic, but I found Lordi recently and was deeply entertained. (What? I never said I was quick on the uptake).

Similar groups?

Probably not what you're looking for, but Last.fm recommends fans of Lordi to listen to acts like Teräsbetoni, KISS, Hammerfall, Alice Cooper and Manowar.

Dunno how many similarities they share since I don't listen to Lordi and probably won't, but nobody was replying so I thought I'd take a stab.
The Other Half of the Sky
terradi

Similar groups?

Probably not what you're looking for, but Last.fm recommends fans of Lordi to listen to acts like Teräsbetoni, KISS, Hammerfall, Alice Cooper and Manowar.

Dunno how many similarities they share since I don't listen to Lordi and probably won't, but nobody was replying so I thought I'd take a stab.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and just for the sake of it, recommend GWAR.

However I don't listen to either band, but like Zakk, I thought I'd just throw in my two cents. 3nodding
Anyone know of some good upbeat Progressive Rock bands?

For example, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXN0CUren-c

and Rush's newest stuff...
Uranium Bullet

Depends on how 'upbeat' you want it.

If you don't mind your 'upbeat' being borderline cheesy I'd recommend Moon Safari.

If you want a little less cheese and a little more substance, give The Flower Kings a look. I mean, Roine Stolt was a founding member of The Tangent in the first place, so why not?

Also, check into Apogee. Vocalist sounds exactly like Andy Tillison, I s**t you not.
The Other Half of the Sky
Uranium Bullet

Depends on how 'upbeat' you want it.

If you don't mind your 'upbeat' being borderline cheesy I'd recommend Moon Safari.

If you want a little less cheese and a little more substance, give The Flower Kings a look. I mean, Roine Stolt was a founding member of The Tangent in the first place, so why not?

Also, check into Apogee. Vocalist sounds exactly like Andy Tillison, I s**t you not.

Hey! It's you! Still around huh? You're like, the prog-god reg of the Metal forums. Thanks for the help man cool I'll look into em.

Edit: Also, what songs do you recommend by The Flower Kings?
Yep, I'm like a bad penny. dramallama

And one more, look into Beardfish if you haven't already. Swedish band, all the rage amongst the youth of the Prog community.
Uranium Bullet
Edit: Also, what songs do you recommend by The Flower Kings?

Lessee...'Eyes of the World' is a great one, 'Garden of Dreams' (which is 59 minutes long, but you'll love it), 'The Truth Will Set You Free' (31 minutes), and 'I Am The Sun' are great places to start.

Actually, better yet, there should be a Flower Kings thread on this page or the second one made by someone I'm trying to convert to the wonderful world of Progressive Rock.

And by the way, I'm gonna add you to friends. That cool?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff