Welcome to Gaia! ::

Welcome to the OFFICIAL Recommendations thread of the metal forum

If you're looking for metal band, album, or song recommendations, post them here. Everyone is welcome to both ask for requests and answer requests.

Rules:

• Ask for music requests only.
  • Likewise, ask for metal requests only.
  • Do not ask for download links, album uploads, or anything similar.
  • Do not ask for your requests to be answered in PMs. There might be someone else interested in your request.
  • If your request is being ignored, feel free to repeat it, but give it some time first.

Thousands of requests answered since 2007!
Requesting Tips:

• Try to be clear about what you want. All the knowledge in the Metal forum can't help you if nobody knows what exactly you want.

• Your replies usually depend on how vague or specific you make your requests. A vague request will get more replies quicker than a more specific one.

• Be patient! Give your requests a couple of pages before you repeat them.

• Remember, there's no guarantee your request will be answered. Some requests are just too specific and might not even exist.

• For non-metal requests, check out the Official Recommendation Thread in the Main Music forum.
Chiflower
I've been looking for some black/folk metal if anybody's got any recs

Manegram - Dodsfard
Nokturnal Mortum - Goat Horns
Chiflower
I've been looking for some black/folk metal if anybody's got any recs
Woo, my specialty.

Falls of Rauros (Albums on official myspace for free)
Mystic Shadows (Albums on official myspace for free)
Die Saat
Lifthrasireon
Nerthus
Kroda
Obtest
Rivendell
Triglav
Solgrav
Nattsmyg (Official site has all the demos)
Arafel

5,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
:O Don't forget Falkenbach.
Khet
Who is more of a Viking Metal band that I don't include with Black/Folk as most (if not all) Black/Folk is influenced by Slavic folk rather than Scandinavian folk which is the folk influence in Viking Metal. surprised
Draomere
Khet
Who is more of a Viking Metal band that I don't include with Black/Folk as most (if not all) Black/Folk is influenced by Slavic folk rather than Scandinavian folk which is the folk influence in Viking Metal. surprised

So that's the difference between folk/black and viking metal? Hm. Still doesn't seem like enough of a distinction to really give viking its own genre, but I suppose it's been around long enough that it doesn't really matter.
I N V I C T U S
Draomere
Khet

So that's the difference between folk/black and viking metal? Hm. Still doesn't seem like enough of a distinction to really give viking its own genre, but I suppose it's been around long enough that it doesn't really matter.
That's the main reason, really. Viking Metal started with Bathory in the late 80s and the folk was incorporated directly into the rhythmic sound. Black/Folk came much later with Nokturnal Mortum who simply complemented Black Metal with folky symphonics.
Anyone know any good symphonic metal bands and/or bands with female vocals? I like bands like Lacuna Coil, Within Temptation, Elis, and Flowing Tears, so anything like those that you would reccomend?
Infernal Rain
Anyone know any good symphonic metal bands and/or bands with female vocals? I like bands like Lacuna Coil, Within Temptation, Elis, and Flowing Tears, so anything like those that you would reccomend?

Draconian
`Sleep Is A Curse`
Infernal Rain

Draconian

I've heard a little of their music; I like it, but I can only find a couple of their songs. Thank you, though.
Infernal Rain
Dargaard. They have four songs on their site available for download/listen, so give 'em a listen. They aren't your typical metal band in the sense that they use more of an orchestral sound more than the typical metal one, but the female vocals are gorgeous.
Infernal Rain

Try After Forever, Tristania, Xandria, or Sirenia (stay away from their latest album, though.)
Infernal Rain
`Sleep Is A Curse`
Infernal Rain

Draconian

I've heard a little of their music; I like it, but I can only find a couple of their songs. Thank you, though.

Use this.

http://www.slsknet.org/

And if you'd like I could upload their latest 2 releases for you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff