Welcome to Gaia! ::

you guys might already know of this great band but the singer is female in iraq and if their caught they are ******** as in disappear or die ********.
Automatically the most metal band ever.
Back In Gehenna

interview with Janaza
“The government always check the CDs, and if they got me they would kill me.” It’s an extreme statement, but then Janaza, lead vocalist of black metal band Seeds Of Iblis, is in an extreme position. To say her situation is delicate would be an understatement, since Seeds Of Iblis’ lyrics are heavily anti-Islamic in content. For a female vocalist based in Iraq, things could hardly be more risky.

It took a few months to track Janaza down properly. Every person who she discusses her music with has to be able to guarantee their support. In order to operate in the underground of Iraq, explicit trust is necessary in her peer group. Janaza started listening to black metal back in 1998 with innovators such as Marduk and Mayhem taking the majority of her time, but since then her circle of friends has only widened minutely. Now, some fourteen years later, those she knows in Iraq who share her interests hardly reach double figures: “we are one group, two girls and eight guys, we share the same musical and thinking passion”. This would make most of us concerned for what her immediate family think of her pursuits, but she tells me candidly, “I lost my parents in the war”. Her musical peers now seem to form the bulk of her brotherhood.

‘Janaza’ is Arabic for ‘funeral’, a pseudonym which the vocalist has adopted for years. The word is a respectful term not just for the funeral ceremony though, but for the cadaver itself. Death is not only a heavy theme in Janaza’s lyrics, but a cold reality. If the authorities were ever to discover her true identity or her whereabouts, she admits she would do whatever’s necessary: “I will kill myself” is her frank reaction to the hypothesis.

Invisible Gatekeeper

why is bm from that part of the world so good

THATS DISAPPOINTING JERRY
Back In Gehenna

interview with Janaza
“The government always check the CDs, and if they got me they would kill me.” It’s an extreme statement, but then Janaza, lead vocalist of black metal band Seeds Of Iblis, is in an extreme position. To say her situation is delicate would be an understatement, since Seeds Of Iblis’ lyrics are heavily anti-Islamic in content. For a female vocalist based in Iraq, things could hardly be more risky.

It took a few months to track Janaza down properly. Every person who she discusses her music with has to be able to guarantee their support. In order to operate in the underground of Iraq, explicit trust is necessary in her peer group. Janaza started listening to black metal back in 1998 with innovators such as Marduk and Mayhem taking the majority of her time, but since then her circle of friends has only widened minutely. Now, some fourteen years later, those she knows in Iraq who share her interests hardly reach double figures: “we are one group, two girls and eight guys, we share the same musical and thinking passion”. This would make most of us concerned for what her immediate family think of her pursuits, but she tells me candidly, “I lost my parents in the war”. Her musical peers now seem to form the bulk of her brotherhood.

‘Janaza’ is Arabic for ‘funeral’, a pseudonym which the vocalist has adopted for years. The word is a respectful term not just for the funeral ceremony though, but for the cadaver itself. Death is not only a heavy theme in Janaza’s lyrics, but a cold reality. If the authorities were ever to discover her true identity or her whereabouts, she admits she would do whatever’s necessary: “I will kill myself” is her frank reaction to the hypothesis.

There are some stories about her making the backstory up as she's used fake pictures in the past but, even if that is case, making anti-Islamic black metal in Islamic countries is still ballsy as ********.

Invisible Gatekeeper

Back In Gehenna
Back In Gehenna

interview with Janaza

There are some stories about her making the backstory up as she's used fake pictures in the past but, even if that is case, making anti-Islamic black metal in Islamic countries is still ballsy as ********]
fake pictures how?
antique sea smoke
Back In Gehenna
Back In Gehenna

interview with Janaza

There are some stories about her making the backstory up as she's used fake pictures in the past but, even if that is case, making anti-Islamic black metal in Islamic countries is still ballsy as ********]
fake pictures how?

http://metalluminati.com/anti-islamic-black-metal-band-from-iraq-a-hoax/

Quote:
Shortly after the Atlantic story was posted, a commenter named “Boullan” pointed out that at least one of Iblis’ band member photos was taken from the line-up of another obscure black metal band. That photo was used by Seeds of Iblis on their Metal Archives profile and on their 7″ EP Jihad Against Islam, which was released last year. (on the French label Legion of Death – tsk tsk!)

Quote:
And that wasn’t just a one-off occurence. Another band in Kelly’s piece named Tadnees (who are in a black metal coalition dubbed the Anti-Islamic Legion, alongside Janaza and Seeds of Iblis) pulled a similar switcheroo with their “band photo” and that of German Nazi black metal band Morke.

Yes, really.
antique sea smoke
why is bm from that part of the world so good

because those people make that stuff with a s**t ton more urgency and sincerity. i'd take that bm over the safe as milk bullshit like deafhaven and shitt burzurm

Invisible Gatekeeper

Back In Gehenna
antique sea smoke
Back In Gehenna
Back In Gehenna

interview with Janaza

fake pictures how?

Quote:
Shortly after the Atlantic story was posted, a commenter named “Boullan” pointed out that at least one of Iblis’ band member photos was taken from the line-up of another obscure black metal band. That photo was used by Seeds of Iblis on their Metal Archives profile and on their 7″ EP Jihad Against Islam, which was released last year. (on the French label Legion of Death – tsk tsk!)

Quote:
And that wasn’t just a one-off occurence. Another band in Kelly’s piece named Tadnees (who are in a black metal coalition dubbed the Anti-Islamic Legion, alongside Janaza and Seeds of Iblis) pulled a similar switcheroo with their “band photo” and that of German Nazi black metal band Morke.

Yes, really.

i fail to see that as anything other than security, tho
you could argue that they never had to release anything at all, but what's wrong with a little misdirection
Back In Gehenna
antique sea smoke
Back In Gehenna
Back In Gehenna

interview with Janaza

fake pictures how?

Quote:

Quote:

Yes, really.

nope, even with evidence stacked against it i can still rationalize this band to myself as actually being what's advertised back story and all.

even with fake pictures they still have an alibi to having to keep it on the dl and use others art because they cant just do it themselves. until i see that ******** guy in georgia i still fully believe in this bands back story.
antique sea smoke
Back In Gehenna
antique sea smoke
Back In Gehenna

fake pictures how?

Quote:

Quote:

Yes, really.

i fail to see that as anything other than security, tho
you could argue that they never had to release anything at all, but what's wrong with a little misdirection

I know, that's why I said it's still ballsy as ******** wink

Blessed Worshipper

Back In Gehenna
antique sea smoke
Back In Gehenna
Back In Gehenna

interview with Janaza

fake pictures how?

Quote:

Quote:

Yes, really.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Shirtless Seeker

welcome to the 21st century, where everyone with a good reason to conceal their identity is assumed to be an overweight middle-aged Georgian man

Shirtless Seeker

Seeds of Iblis is way better than most bm band names
cuz, like, it fits with what they're doing
******** Anti-Islamic band identifying with the ******** devil in Qur'an

Iblis is basically the personification of "go ******** yourself"

Invisible Gatekeeper

all the vvay turnt up
Back In Gehenna
antique sea smoke
Back In Gehenna

fake pictures how?

Quote:

Quote:

Yes, really.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

OH MY GOD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces