Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Noob

no no no this band, i do not like it

Punching Bag

Finally found the Nightwish thread and.. ouch. :'D I was hoping to avoid fandom drama, but it's here too.

37,975 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Team Josie 25
  • Super Jumper 500
said the rat
Finally found the Nightwish thread and.. ouch. :'D I was hoping to avoid fandom drama, but it's here too.

It's everywhere you go unfortunately, Facebook, Youtube, etc, etc. Post one thing, and people jump you for it D: I just wish people grow up and move on instead of whining all the damn time. I'm tired of the fandom drama myself. I like to enjoy and talk about a band I actually like instead of people bitching about past members or something stupid...

Smoker

sometimes you make a thread on a public forum and only want one-sided discussion

joke is that that isn't discussion
It was 2008. The last time I came into this thread. I stopped coming because I got tired of people bitching about how they loved Tarja and hated Anette, and how Tarja should be back.

I come back four years later and nothing has changed.

Seriously people... when you're a true fan, you respect the band's decisions.

Smoker

when you're a true fan you are ignorant and like anything the band does no matter what rofl

what if the band decides to completely change their sound and pretty much no longer be what they used to

don't matter, true fan gotta love it anyways
they really just need to make shitty folk rock all the time
Contagioned
when you're a true fan you are ignorant and like anything the band does no matter what rofl

what if the band decides to completely change their sound and pretty much no longer be what they used to

that's where the reason why you became a true fan comes in the scene.

you just moronically took my statement out of proportion.

If the band you're 'a true fan of' changes their sound, and you don't like it, you can just stop listening to it, instead of bitching over and over again in the same gaiaonline forum (and pretty much everywhere)...

Or... you can evolve with the band itself. Ask Satyricon or ESO fans...

Smoker

Divinus Cruor
Contagioned

If the band you're 'a true fan of' changes their sound, and you don't like it, you can just stop listening to it, instead of bitching over and over again in the same gaiaonline forum (and pretty much everywhere)...

You said true fans respect band's decisions, and if their decision is to have a completely different sound, then you gotta respect it. I did not exaggerate your opinion, I merely showed why it's wrong.

I'm probably in the 99th percentile for biggest Alkaline Trio fans, and I hate anything they've made beyond 2003. I don't have to respect their recent music just because I'm a true fan of them. And if you ever argue that I am not a true fan of them, then you're simply wrong. Their new s**t is still s**t.

You can say the same for Satyricon's latter half too, though I personally don't care much for them. Objectively, their recent music is s**t, being ignorant and saying otherwise doesn't make you a true fan. And I don't know who ESO is.
Contagioned
Divinus Cruor
Contagioned

You said true fans respect band's decisions, and if their decision is to have a completely different sound, then you gotta respect it. I did not exaggerate your opinion, I merely showed why it's wrong.

I'm probably in the 99th percentile for biggest Alkaline Trio fans, and I hate anything they've made beyond 2003. I don't have to respect their recent music just because I'm a true fan of them. And if you ever argue that I am not a true fan of them, then you're simply wrong. Their new s**t is still s**t.

You can say the same for Satyricon's latter half too, though I personally don't care much for them. Objectively, their recent music is s**t, being ignorant and saying otherwise doesn't make you a true fan. And I don't know who ESO is.

Oh, don't take me wrong, I am not saying that if you dislike some of the work a band you love you're not a true fan. I am a good example of that, since I hate almost everything Mago de Oz has done since their album "Gaia". Though, I think there's a difference between 'respect' and 'like'

but anyways, as I said, I came back to see how things were moving.. and I see it's still the same.

I am a true Nightwish fan, and I like what they are doing. I am uncertain of what is going to happen after Anette left, but I am also moving with the band, if I like where they move to I will like it, if don't I won't waste my time bitching about how Tarja is awesome and their worst mistake was getting rid of her (after seven years lol).

Oh, also, meet ESO you might like them.

Peace!!

Benevolent Cat

Corpsejack Menace

FANDON DRAMA, FANDOM DRAMA EVERYWHERE gonk

Benevolent Cat

Zelkiiro
There's always the possibility Floor Jansen will become a permanent member. If it did happen, there would be much celebration.

I saw them live earlier this month and I really liked a lot how she blended with the band. She has a very beautiful and dynamic voice and a great stage presence. I hope they keep her. I mean, they kept Marco after synergy toured with Nightwish, the odds of they keeping Floor are really high.

Crossing fingers here. Either way, they can always keep Marco alone too.

Dangerous Tycoon

Skullova
Zelkiiro
There's always the possibility Floor Jansen will become a permanent member. If it did happen, there would be much celebration.

I saw them live earlier this month and I really liked a lot how she blended with the band. She has a very beautiful and dynamic voice and a great stage presence. I hope they keep her. I mean, they kept Marco after synergy toured with Nightwish, the odds of they keeping Floor are really high.

Nightwish need to find another female lead singer of their own! Floor Jansen is kind and gracious, she would help another band that is in need, but she have founded and created her own band, after leaving AfterForever. ReVamp is her creation, just as Nightwish is Tuomas creation.

Also Floor is very will known, if she joins Nightwish. It's likely that she will take over Tuomas's spotlight from Nightwish and I don't think Tuomas's ego will allow or agree to that. It's likely that Nightwish would want to find someone new. Hopefully it is third time lucky and hopefully Nightwish can redeem themselves after what they did to both Tarja Turunen and Anette Olzon.
Skullova
Zelkiiro

I agree. The other possibility would be keep Marco only and tour with guest female vocals, why not? At least until they find someone who can really connect with the rest of the members and be in line with their creations.

Mistress Daemona's Partner In Crime

Beloved Duck

14,600 Points
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Party Member 100
*raises hand* Jukka Nevalainen is one of the sexiest drummers of all time and Tuomas looks like Captain Jack Sparrow.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff