Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm glad that Annette finally has some more material under her belt as the new vocalist thanks to the new CD. Though I have been really unimpressed about the 2 disc packs that they did for Dark Passion Play and Imaginarium. I really don't feel the need to shell out extra cash to get instrumental only versions of the songs. At least when they did the 2 disc pack for Once, there was actual content to it (and a very good cover of Ankie Banger's song "Where Were You Last Night" ). While I was okay with Annette taking over vocals, I still hold a soft spot for Tarja's vocal style (not her solo stuff though, as the band members for her solo stuff doesn't really complement her voice like Nightwish's members did).
I heart Nightwish.

The new album was really good. I got it as a digital album on Amazon. I really love how there is quite a bit of variety in different styles of songs and sounds in the one album. I think my favorite songs on it are "Ghost River" and "Turn Loose The Mermaids".

I wish I could see them live; but there's a good chance it won't happen. They never come where I live.
Imaginaerum.... Without Scaretale my life would be considerabely less epic.
Zelkiiro
Riivaaja
Zelkiiro
Riivaaja
"I Want My Tears Back"

This was the only song on the new album that I didn't care for one single bit.
Oh, too bad, I really liked the lyrics and the folk-style sound in it. It reminds me of the times when I used to draw all nights and really had passion for things.

On the flip side, however, "Ghost River" is probably my favorite.

YES! I can just imagine an epic Disneyworld rollercoaster with this song playing all the way through. We need more of Marco's epic growling.
Vorpal C0mrade

I think Nightwish should start doing this and only this style.

I don't quite agree with you there, however they do need moar Marco.
Mainerd
Vorpal C0mrade

I think Nightwish should start doing this and only this style.

I don't quite agree with you there, however they do need moar Marco.

Marco almost sang more than Annette on Imaginarium.

Desirable Genius

5,850 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
They are nothing without Tarja
Transatlanticsm

I used to make pre-assumptions like that too, and then I took an Imaginaerum to the ear.

Desirable Genius

5,850 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
Mainerd
Transatlanticsm

I used to make pre-assumptions like that too, and then I took an Imaginaerum to the ear.

lol. Dont get me wrong, i like that album but tarja has the better voice

Desirable Genius

5,850 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
And in my opinion Once is there best album
Transatlanticsm
Mainerd
Transatlanticsm

lol. Dont get me wrong, i like that album but tarja has the better voice

By nothing, I assumed you meant NOTHING, as in completely terribonkers, my bad. Tarja and Anette are both brilliant I suppose, it seems since Tarja left (6 whole years ago, time goes by fast!) Tuomas wrote songs to fit Anettes voice, and while her voice carries a certain mood, it lack's Tarja's shear power, just listen to Anette try to sing Wishmaster, it's not pretty.
Transatlanticsm
And in my opinion Once is there best album

I agree, and who doesn't love Ghost Love Score?? pirate

Backwoods Shapeshifter

24,940 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
  • Redecorator 50
I love "Wish i had an angel"! I listen to it so much!

37,975 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Team Josie 25
  • Super Jumper 500
AriaTracinya
I LOVE YOU PEOPLE youre the only people ive seen lately who arent going all TARJA VS ANETTE on me. I cant wait for their new album.

This. I mean it's been how many years? And people still bringing up the two. Whatever happen behind closed doors made their reasons to boot her a** out. People need to see that Nightwish is more then Tarja voice. Singers that can be replace. Tuomas had his choice if he wanted another singer like her, but instead he picked Annette, and frankly her voice is amazing in this new album.

Anyways, I need to find a way to get my hands on the album, so I can add to my collection.

Hygienic Humorist

Mother ******** Disney Metal.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas