Welcome to Gaia! ::

I love nearly every song of nightwish biggrin it's just such great music whee
ApC Lc
Marionette_Kitty
My friend said they sounded like Evanescence gonk . **whacks friend over the head with a giant squeaky mallet**

**flees friend that mallet belongs to**

**runs back after hiding mallet in a strategic position where it shall never be found <.< >.>**

Tarja's voice is prettier than Amy Lee's. 3nodding
Evanescence is most likely the one to be known best, because of how mainstream they are. I suppose that's one of the reason's people compare them to any other band with a woman doing vocals. Tis a pain in the a**. mad

yeah, there are many bands(mainly gothic) with female vocals, and they can be different. Tarja is opera like, for example. It's just like comparing Cristina Scabbia's voice with Vibeke Stene's vocals. whee (singer from Tristania)
jaber jaber jaber
_morgana_666
ApC Lc
Marionette_Kitty
My friend said they sounded like Evanescence gonk . **whacks friend over the head with a giant squeaky mallet**

**flees friend that mallet belongs to**

**runs back after hiding mallet in a strategic position where it shall never be found <.< >.>**

Tarja's voice is prettier than Amy Lee's. 3nodding
Evanescence is most likely the one to be known best, because of how mainstream they are. I suppose that's one of the reason's people compare them to any other band with a woman doing vocals. Tis a pain in the a**. mad

yeah, there are many bands(mainly gothic) with female vocals, and they can be different. Tarja is opera like, for example. It's just like comparing Cristina Scabbia's voice with Vibeke Stene's vocals. whee (singer from Tristania)
Like you said, most of the time peopel are comparing two very different bands, so really I don't even see why they bother. In the end it turns into a big argument. surprised
i'm not sure which i like most...

century's child has some powerful songs, but then again Wishmaster has the unbeatable songslike Dead Boy's Poem, Wanderlust, She Is my sin, the kinslayer.....;
angels fall first was the sh*t
Wishmaster!! whoo-hoo!! I like Fantasmic and The Kinslayer!
They're so piratey, great.
Ooh, I found the official Nightwish topic... heart

^_^!

o.O Oh, I couldn't decide which album is the best... I have Oceanborn and Wishmaster... but I have heard many different songs by them too.

I LOVE "End Of All Hope" by Nightwish though... That song rocks my socks. biggrin
Nightwish is the first band I was introduced to by my friend who got me into Metal. They're constantly dueling with Iron Maiden in my head for the title of my favorite band. Iron Maiden is currently my favorite, but I just ordered Once, and I'll be seeing Nightwish when they tour the states, so I don't know how long that'll last...
i'm pretty new a fan of nightwish.... my friend once sent me a mp3 of 'Dead boy's poem' and i just fell in love......
Nightwish is also my first metal band though i wanted to download the phantom of the opera album ( I hade just seen the musical ) and it said nightwish on the artitst so i downloaded it and it was great than i bought their first album (angels fall first) and i loved it! ^^

Oceanborn has to be the best. Maybe not the Hardest. But the lyrics are the beautiful, and the music is great. Tuomas did a good job on that album and lets all thank Wilska for the great Growl vocal on devil and the deep dark ocean and Pharaoh sails to orion. ^^
Once is really good but it still doesn't beat the good ol' albums. someone said that they didn't like Tuomas's voice?

He has a soft voice, not the greatest, ut his voice calms me. I always listen to angels fall first when i'm sad or feeling depressed (unless i'm angry, then i listen to something Hard as hell ! xp )

Nightwish will always be my first metal band. (except for KoRn, though i count them as a different kind of metal, more like alternative metal, äh i can't explain.)
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!! I ******** LLLOOOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEE NIGHTWISH!!!!!! biggrin biggrin biggrin heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart

theyre coming to sweden in september. but i have no money!!!!! *cries hopelessly* gonk gonk gonk
I have just started listening to them, they're pretty awesome though.
I have an emotional bond with nightwish which is a godsent band.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff