Welcome to Gaia! ::

mettal ninja
I have a minor suggestion. Perhaps you should label which band/song the samples come from? Just a thought.

I'll see how can I make that fit in.
"Sample details" added. So if you liked the sample you can check out the band and support them buying some material ! [/RIAA]
technical_difficulties
So if you liked the sample you can check out the band and support them buying some material or just downloading it instead and maybe go to one of their gigs if they come near you. >.>

Oh, by the way, Stand Up And Shout is off Holy Diver.
Hem Kahn
technical_difficulties
So if you liked the sample you can check out the band and support them buying some material or just downloading it instead and maybe go to one of their gigs if they come near you. >.>

Oh, by the way, Stand Up And Shout is off Holy Diver.

that's what I get for trusting my memory domokun
Call me crazy, but I always thought of Exodus as a Thrash Metal pioneer. Unfortunately, Bonded by Blood never gets the recognition it deserves. sweatdrop
Mr_Gee
Call me crazy, but I always thought of Exodus as a Thrash Metal pioneer. Unfortunately, Bonded by Blood never gets the recognition it deserves. sweatdrop

Bonded By Blood is a favorite of mine, but still quite overrated
What the hell? Shaaman's Progressive? Shaaman's first album (Ritual) is Power Metal, and it's second album (Reason) is much more Heavy Metal than anything else!
Angra's Temple of Shadows isn't Progressive? After Andre Matos, Ricardo Confessori and Jesus left the band, Angra is following a more Progressive way, although their others albuns are all considered as Power Metal!
gsh
What the hell? Shaaman's Progressive? Shaaman's first album (Ritual) is Power Metal, and it's second album (Reason) is much more Heavy Metal than anything else!
Angra's Temple of Shadows isn't Progressive? After Andre Matos, Ricardo Confessori and Jesus left the band, Angra is following a more Progressive way, although their others albuns are all considered as Power Metal!

Angra til Rebirth = Prog Metal with some Power influences

Angra's Temple Of Shadows = Power Metal

Shaaman's Second album = Prog Metal

Shaman's Ritual = Power metal with some (little bits of) prog influences...
technical_difficulties
What's art rock though?

Prog Rock with an Pop-edge to the song writing, such as Kansas, Styx, and post-70's Rush.
technical_difficulties
gsh

Well, here in Brazil we say Angra was Power/Melodic Metal, and Shaaman is Traditional Heavy Metal, maybe that's the difference! sweatdrop
gsh
technical_difficulties
gsh

Well, here in Brazil we say Angra was Power/Melodic Metal, and Shaaman is Traditional Heavy Metal, maybe that's the difference! sweatdrop

Maybe, I'm from Argentina btw. Anyways, Shaman ( i hate the double a)'s as Traditional Heavy Metal as Sepultura. Matos adquiring some stomping guitar work doesn't mean they go Heavy Metal 3nodding (Still I was expecting to be disappointed by the album, though founded out it's really catchy and good)

Temple Of Shadows still sounds a bit progressive, but the inclussion of Dream Theater like keyboards doesn't mean it's a prog album either.
Darker
technical_difficulties
What's art rock though?

Prog Rock with an Pop-edge to the song writing, such as Kansas, Styx, and post-70's Rush.

Oh, so it does exist xd I thought it was one of many of the bowshit genres xp Still gotta get some Rush... maybe..
It still sounds like a bullshit genre. Adding a Pop-edge to Prog Rock just makes Poppy Prog Rock at most.
Darker
technical_difficulties
What's art rock though?

i thought rush was an alt rock band.some even consider them heavy metal. i dont gonk
Seriously GSH. Shaaman don't sound a thing like Heavy Metal in the second album.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff