Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Dabbler

I'm throwing this out there knowing I'm going to be laughed at (because I'm really kidding) but Love Metal was definitely left off the list. Poor HIM.

I've also noticed that people are very protective over their Metal xp

Dapper Dabbler

Also, don't get me wrong. I love Coheed and Cambria, but I had no idea they were considered Metal. I always considered them somewhere on the spectrum between Progressive-Epic-Awesome.

Phantom

Zealot

Burning_Star_IV
I'm throwing this out there knowing I'm going to be laughed at (because I'm really kidding) but Love Metal was definitely left off the list. Poor HIM.

I've also noticed that people are very protective over their Metal xp

Saying you are something doesn't make you something. I could say I'm a catfish, but I'm still a human. HIM isn't metal.

"Protective" is the wrong word. We're knowledgeable, and dislike seeing others with much less knowledge run around flapping their gums like they know as much as others who put legitimate effort into learning this stuff and expecting to have their misinformed opinions treated with reverence. I, personally, am here to teach the ones who want to be taught and ridicule the ones who think they already know everything.

Also, Coheed and Cambria have metal influences but are solidly progressive rock.

Check Out..
lRON MAlDEN
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I think i'm in love.

Newbie Raider

5,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
Doom Metal
Quote:
Doom Metal (....) -Pioneers: Black Sabbath, Candlemass, St. Vitus

rolleyes WHAT???
Black sabbath Doom metal? Since when?
rofl

Versatile Explorer

Jhon McSlave
Doom Metal
Quote:

rolleyes WHAT???
rofl

Since the beginning. neutral
They started metal and doom at the same time. Do you even know what Traditional Doom Metal is?

Newbie Raider

5,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
The Wholly Of Nothingness
Jhon McSlave
Doom Metal
Quote:

rolleyes WHAT???
rofl

They started metal and doom at the same time. Do you even know what Traditional Doom Metal is?

No, man! only in the beginning... I don't consider Black Sabbath as a Doom Metal band.. not nowadays. Black Sabbath was a Doom metal band.. yes .. we can say that they were the founders .. the first.. but man! Black Sabbath its only a reference, not a band that you could call Doom metal's

For me, doom metal is recognized by the guttural vocals, power Chords dissonant, fast picking riffs of death metal, tuning ultragrave in stringed instruments and constant use of the double bass drum (in agreement with wikipedia). Black Sabbath's doom metal sucks talk2hand
I agree that as Heavy Metal, Black Sabbath is a legendary.

Real Doom metal bands: Paradise Lost, Winter, Type o negative, Silent Cry, Moonspell ...

It's my opinion ^^

smile

Newbie Raider

5,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
Jhon McSlave
Doom Metal
Quote:

rolleyes WHAT???
rofl

Traditional Doom Metal bands... in my humble opinion: Candlemass, Saint Vitus, The Obsessed, Solitude Aeternus.
wink

Versatile Explorer

Jhon McSlave
Jhon McSlave
Doom Metal
Quote:

rolleyes WHAT???
rofl

No, man! only in the beginning... I don't consider Black Sabbath as a Doom Metal band.. not nowadays. Black Sabbath was a Doom metal band.. yes .. we can say that they were the founders .. the first.. but man! Black Sabbath its only a reference, not a band that you could call Doom metal's

For me, doom metal is recognized by the guttural vocals, power Chords dissonant, fast picking riffs of death metal, tuning ultragrave in stringed instruments and constant use of the double bass drum (in agreement with wikipedia). Black Sabbath's doom metal sucks talk2hand

Real Doom metal bands: Paradise Lost, Winter, Type o negative, Silent Cry, Moonspell ...

It's my opinion ^^

smile

Buddy you started off saying correct things then you went on to really stupid things. Black sabbath was doom, saying their self-titled album was crappy doom is heresy on your part.

Also you are describing extreme doom metal. :/

Also genres aren't opinions, they are defined things aka facts

Newbie Raider

5,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
Jhon McSlave
Jhon McSlave
Doom Metal
Quote:

rolleyes WHAT???
rofl

It's my opinion ^^

smile

Buddy you started off saying correct things then you went on to really stupid things. Black sabbath was doom, saying their self-titled album was crappy doom is heresy on your part.

Buddy.. I didn't mean that genres are opinions. just want to mean that everything I said it's my opinion, agree or not.

The creator of this topic failed in the description. He should describe what kind of doom metal he is talking about. It's about the origin of genres? Or the today's?

You must agree with me. This topic is a Guide to newbies and the misguided. I did find this error (in my opinion). Black Sabbath was doom metal band. If this guy want to do a decent topic, he must use the general information, the today's reality. Nowadays Black Sabbath is a Heavy Metal band.
So... this topic is talking about past? The noobs will know this?

Oh, c'mon.

Zealot

Jhon McSlave
Jhon McSlave
Jhon McSlave
Doom Metal
Quote:

rolleyes WHAT???
rofl

It's my opinion ^^

smile

Buddy.. I didn't mean that genres are opinions. just want to mean that everything I said it's my opinion, agree or not.

The creator of this topic failed in the description. He should describe what kind of doom metal he is talking about. It's about the origin of genres? Or the today's?

You must agree with me. This topic is a Guide to newbies and the misguided. I did find this error (in my opinion). Black Sabbath was doom metal band. If this guy want to do a decent topic, he must use the general information, the today's reality. Nowadays Black Sabbath is a Heavy Metal band.

Oh, c'mon.

What? lol

Versatile Explorer

Gabiroto
Jhon McSlave
Jhon McSlave
Doom Metal
Quote:

rolleyes WHAT???
rofl

It's my opinion ^^

smile

Oh, c'mon.

Yeah and in your opinion you included what "real" doom metal bands are... which I already explained is stupid. Are you like a high schooler or something?

He did describe doom metal. rolleyes

also lol @ your description of doom metal and wikipedia.

Pure-hearted Lunatic

12,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Peoplewatcher 100
a lot of this is wrong, just saying...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers