Versatile Explorer

Pink Isnt Here
-l- Futile Existence -l-
Pink Isnt Here
-l- Futile Existence -l-
Pink Isnt Here

Just like your god, your girlfriend, and your dignity? talk2hand

LMFAO, what a butt-hurt f*****t.

Did you honestly not get that was a joke? And besides who uses 'f*****t' as an insult besides 12 year old brats? lol

Yeah, that was a terrible joke. Not funny or original.

And you're so mature and soooo cool. rolleyes

I just assumed your first post was a terrible joke, so I made one back. I didn't figure you'd throw a brat-fit and start an internet-drama-session. dramallama

Anyways, my attention span for this site has reached it's limit for the day, so I'll see you later. wink Or not.

Still think was first post was a "joke" lol

On a side note... metalcore also falls under unclassified and do not always fall under metal as their hardcore punk, metal and various other influences vary from band to band.

Lonely Explorer

-l- Futile Existence -l-
Pink Isnt Here
-l- Futile Existence -l-
Pink Isnt Here
-l- Futile Existence -l-
Pink Isnt Here

Just like your god, your girlfriend, and your dignity? talk2hand

LMFAO, what a butt-hurt f*****t.

Did you honestly not get that was a joke? And besides who uses 'f*****t' as an insult besides 12 year old brats? lol

I just assumed your first post was a terrible joke, so I made one back. I didn't figure you'd throw a brat-fit and start an internet-drama-session. dramallama

Anyways, my attention span for this site has reached it's limit for the day, so I'll see you later. wink Or not.

On a side note... metalcore also falls under unclassified and do not always fall under metal as their hardcore punk, metal and various other influences vary from band to band.

Did you really just quote me again 4 days later? If you used common sense you'd realize saying an "Alternative" Genre doesn't exist is completely foolish, because Alternative Sub-Genres exist in every form of music. rolleyes 'Alternative" music is music that effectively fits into a genre, (Metal in this case) yet doesn't fit into any existing sub-genre. All Alternative Sub-Genres have a varying degree of Progressive influence as well. (Which Tool most certainly has)

So yeah, I thought your first post was a joke. Next time you choose to say a random genre doesn't exist just because you haven't heard of it, don't pick one with 'Alternative" in the name.

Versatile Explorer

Pink Isnt Here
-l- Futile Existence -l-
Pink Isnt Here
-l- Futile Existence -l-
Pink Isnt Here

Did you really just quote me again 4 days later? If you used common sense you'd realize saying an "Alternative" Genre doesn't exist is completely foolish, because Alternative Sub-Genres exist in every form of music. rolleyes 'Alternative" music is music that effectively fits into a genre, (Metal in this case) yet doesn't fit into any existing sub-genre. All Alternative Sub-Genres have a varying degree of Progressive influence as well. (Which Tool most certainly has)

So yeah, I thought your first post was a joke. Next time you choose to say a random genre doesn't exist just because you haven't heard of it, don't pick one with 'Alternative" in the name.

I know that the "Alternative" Genre exists and what falls under it. rolleyes

But alternative metal IS NOT A SUBGENRE its I term I used to describe the bands I've already mentioned.

"All Alternative Sub-Genres have a varying degree of Progressive influence as well."

What? Are you aware of what you are saying or are you trying to get yourself deeper into the hole? rofl

Edit: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/metal/alternative-metal-bands/t.75240679/

Lonely Explorer

-l- Futile Existence -l-
Pink Isnt Here
-l- Futile Existence -l-
Pink Isnt Here
-l- Futile Existence -l-
Pink Isnt Here

But alternative metal IS NOT A SUBGENRE its I term I used to describe the bands I've already mentioned.

"All Alternative Sub-Genres have a varying degree of Progressive influence as well."

What? Are you aware of what you are saying or are you trying to get yourself deeper into the hole? rofl

I'm sorry I didn't realize I was talking to someone who can make whatever he says about music true just by bolding it. dramallama

And Tool has classified themselves as Alternative Metal before, I think I am going to go with their opinion rather than some arrogant twerp on Gaia's.

And you apparently think quoting another forum on Gaia is somehow productive to your argument. 98% of everything I read on Gaia is complete and utter bullshit made up by 12 year old brats(point&case), so you'll have to use a better reference as to why a genre created by one of the most influential bands of history doesn't exist if you want to actually make any head-way with your argument. razz

Versatile Explorer

Pink Isnt Here
-l- Futile Existence -l-
Pink Isnt Here
-l- Futile Existence -l-
Pink Isnt Here

I'm sorry I didn't realize I was talking to someone who can make whatever he says about music true just by bolding it. dramallama

And Tool has classified themselves as Alternative Metal before, I think I am going to go with their opinion rather than some arrogant twerp on Gaia's.

And you apparently think quoting another forum on Gaia is somehow productive to your argument. 98% of everything I read on Gaia is complete and utter bullshit made up by 12 year old brats(point&case), so you'll have to use a better reference as to why a genre created by one of the most influential bands of history doesn't exist if you want to actually make any head-way with your argument. razz

I love how you are full of s**t, stating that 98% of what you've read on gaia is utter bullshit when you don't even know what it is (you are talking it) or know where this 2% would be under (this is one them)

Tool and millions of other bands have classified themselves ridiculous things. Liturgy calls themselves Transcendent Black Metal, is that a genre? lol

Many black metal bands call themselves "Depressive Suicidal Black Metal" because they use minalism and atmosphere to their music. Lyrical content does not make a genre either...

NO, ITS A MADE UP TERM YOU IGNORANT t**t, IT'S GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH MY OPINIONS BECAUSE THE ESTABLISHMENT OF GENRES ARE A FACT WHETHER THE MUSIC FITS THE STRUCTURE OR NOT!

ALTERNATIVE METAL IS A MADE UP TERM, WHAT PART OF THAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND???!!

Also, Tool? one of the most influential bands of history?
HAHAHAHAHA!!!

I bet you think dark metal is a genre. lol

Lonely Explorer

-l- Futile Existence -l-
Pink Isnt Here
-l- Futile Existence -l-
Pink Isnt Here
-l- Futile Existence -l-
Pink Isnt Here

I love how you are full of s**t, stating that 98% of what you've read on gaia is utter bullshit when you don't even know what it is (you are talking it) or know where this 2% would be under (this is one them)

Tool and millions of other bands have classified themselves ridiculous things. Liturgy calls themselves Transcendent Black Metal, is that a genre? lol

Many black metal bands call themselves "Depressive Suicidal Black Metal" because they use minalism and atmosphere to their music. Lyrical content does not make a genre either...

NO, ITS A MADE UP TERM YOU IGNORANT t**t, IT'S GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH MY OPINIONS BECAUSE THE ESTABLISHMENT OF GENRES ARE A FACT WHETHER THE MUSIC FITS THE STRUCTURE OR NOT!

ALTERNATIVE METAL IS A MADE UP TERM, WHAT PART OF THAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND???!!

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Still all your saying is "No it's not, No it's not." Like I said, I personally believe it is a real sub-genre, regardless of what you say or how much you abuse the caps lock button I don't and won't give a s**t what you think and I am not going to accept your opinion over mine, especially sense you make no effort whatsoever to prove to me you are right, instead you result to name-calling, caps lock and irrelevant blather about crappy bands I've never heard.

The thing is genres are so loosely defined and there are so many out there, and so many new sounds and mixes of different genres are created every day that new genres are created constantly. To say a genre does or doesn't exist is just a matter of opinion, there is no grand list or rule that makes genres 'real' or not, and no one persons opinion matters more then another's. And I am certainly not going to change my opinion when you fail consistently to anything other then tell me how wrong am. Not that it's even possible for you to show me 'proof' a sub-genre doesn't exist, because as I said it's all a matter of opinion sense it's nothing but a godamn label.

And this sir, is the end of my discussion with you. I somehow doubt I will get anything more out of you then more name calling and capslock. dramallama

Versatile Explorer

Pink Isnt Here
-l- Futile Existence -l-
Pink Isnt Here
-l- Futile Existence -l-
Pink Isnt Here

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Still all your saying is "No it's not, No it's not." Like I said, I personally believe it is a real sub-genre, regardless of what you say or how much you abuse the caps lock button I don't and won't give a s**t what you think and I am not going to accept your opinion over mine, especially sense you make no effort whatsoever to prove to me you are right, instead you result to name-calling, caps lock and irrelevant blather about crappy bands I've never heard.

The thing is genres are so loosely defined and there are so many out there, and so many new sounds and mixes of different genres are created every day that new genres are created constantly. To say a genre does or doesn't exist is just a matter of opinion, there is no grand list or rule that makes genres 'real' or not, and no one persons opinion matters more then another's. And I am certainly not going to change my opinion when you fail consistently to anything other then tell me how wrong am. Not that it's even possible for you to show me 'proof' a sub-genre doesn't exist, because as I said it's all a matter of opinion sense it's nothing but a godamn label.

And this sir, is the end of my discussion with you. I somehow doubt I will get anything more out of you then more name calling and capslock. dramallama

I love how you focus completely on my CAPS AND INSULTS, you're pathetic.
Really? I've never attempted to prove anything and didn't make point whatsoever?? lol

No, the ESTABLISHMENT (not attempted cute little creative terms) of genres are FACTS determined whether they fall under A LIST OF CORE CHARACTERISTICS AND RULES that fall under a certain genre. Meaning too bad for you... there is a structure that all metal falls under! Which were defined by bands such as Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Judas Priest, Pentagram and other early innovators.

I've told you many things but you are stubborn and don't seem to listen. rolleyes

1) I've already stated what "Alternative Metal" is and what falls under it. Metal influences do not make it metal and it does the fit the MUSICAL STRUCTURE of metal.

2) I informed you of nu-metal and other unclassifieds.

3) I informed you that lyrical content doesn't make subgenres and bands calling themselves anything is never reliable.

Hell Black Sabbath and Ozzy didn't think they were heavy metal. Chuck Schuldiner of Death (among the first death metal bands) didn't think they were death metal and became the most prominent death metal group.

4) You have made ridiculous claims that don't tie in any way to metal such as your progressive claim in all alternative subgenres (LMAO). And you tell me I'm not proving anything? (which I am) Hypocrite.

Instead of answering back with counter statements like the cool rebellious teen that questions everything to make themselves feel special why not provide some proof to your claims, eh?

Versatile Explorer

I'm not implying that these "alternative metal" bands cannot be metal but the term itself is not a genre

alternative bands also have a grand variation of influences to even be called alternative metal or metal for that matter... Alternative is used to describe another sound in which this case every subgenre of metal would be described as "alternative metal"

The actual alternative sound isn't actually there nor can really be defined even if it may have some "alternative" influence simply because there are so many influences tainting the creation of a legitimate new subgenre.

Wheezing Businesswoman

Pink Isnt Here
-l- Futile Existence -l-
Pink Isnt Here
-l- Futile Existence -l-
Pink Isnt Here

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

See the thing is though, alternative metal really isn't a genre. You ask for proof so I am going to explain it too you why it isn't. You are correct in saying that there is no real official "genre" list because there isn't. Instead, it is just known by those who are educated in metal what terms are actual genres and what aren't. The reason for this is because people who are dedicated fans and researchers of metal have spent a long time classifying bands under these various genres. While there is definitely a lot of subjectivity to music, genres are not subjective. If you ask "why is thrash metal a legitimate genre and not alternative metal?" Well the answer is the same reason as why birds are called birds and not called dicks; because that is just how it happened. I know that may sound like a stupid answer at first but really, what purpose would genres have if we just kept adding new ones and there was no official structure to them? How do you classify anything with a system that chaotic?

It's also no big deal that you used the term. I say this because on the subject of genres a lot of people don't want to be proven wrong so they cling to their initial argument till death. I just want to explain to you that I don't think you are stupid or anything bad, I'm just explaining to you that you are simply wrong. Admitting it is not admitting defeat or anything, as this argument shouldn't be viewed as a battle. There are no winners and losers. At least not with me there aren't :3
-l- Futile Existence -l-

ALTERNATIVE METAL IS A MADE UP TERM

So is "Metal".

Versatile Explorer

Naiax Sidorenka
-l- Futile Existence -l-

So is "Metal".

Oops, sorry doesn't work against me. neutral
-l- Futile Existence -l-
Naiax Sidorenka
-l- Futile Existence -l-

So is "Metal".

No, I'm entirely serious. All genres of music are concepts constructed by the artists; what one who has nothing to do with the music industry has to say is entirely irrelevant.

Versatile Explorer

Naiax Sidorenka
-l- Futile Existence -l-
Naiax Sidorenka
-l- Futile Existence -l-

So is "Metal".

No, I'm entirely serious. All genres of music are concepts constructed by the artists; what one who has nothing to do with the music industry has to say is entirely irrelevant.

Uh... wrong? There has been no approval for the legitimization of this genre. And since "metal" has already been created, "ALTERNATIVE METAL" has to be based of the fundementals and structure of metal... which its not. It's main basis is not on metal.
-l- Futile Existence -l-
Naiax Sidorenka
-l- Futile Existence -l-
Naiax Sidorenka
-l- Futile Existence -l-

So is "Metal".

Uh... wrong? There has been no approval for the legitimization of this genre. And since "metal" has already been created, "ALTERNATIVE METAL" has to be based of the fundementals and structure of metal... which its not. It's main basis is not on metal.

Explain/define the fundamentals of metal.

Versatile Explorer

Naiax Sidorenka
-l- Futile Existence -l-
Naiax Sidorenka
-l- Futile Existence -l-
Naiax Sidorenka
-l- Futile Existence -l-

So is "Metal".

Explain/define the fundamentals of metal.

Stop trying to bait me in and why don't you explain how "alternative metal" is metal.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff