Welcome to Gaia! ::

Zakk67
BLS has changes, you got heavy a** s**t then slower stuff as well.
And speed has what to do with genre changes? Especially since BLS hasn't really changed genre or strayed too far from their original genre?
love_is_destructive
Zakk67
And speed has what to do with genre changes? Especially since BLS hasn't really changed genre or strayed too far from their original genre?
i know. but could possible and there may be some band like that.
Zakk67
love_is_destructive
Zakk67
But there isn't.
It's unrealistic and illogical.
love_is_destructive
Zakk67
love_is_destructive
Zakk67
But there isn't.
yeah, yet there is still a chance. any way i am confused and i dissagree with manson, korn and rob not being metal. metal is a wildly used term. so what one person thinks is not metal another thinks is. so its based on opinion as well as sound. but also metal isn't just about the music its also a lifestlye.. moving on. why are we even fighting over this, i mean we both like the same s**t we just have different veiws. so idk i am going back to listen to Six feet under and s**t.
any way twistedsister says they are metal so i guess it verys... idk this whole world is ******** up.
Zakk67
love_is_destructive
Zakk67
love_is_destructive
Zakk67
But there isn't.
yeah, yet there is still a chance. any way i am confused and i dissagree with manson, korn and rob not being metal. metal is a wildly used term. so what one person thinks is not metal another thinks is. so its based on opinion as well as sound. but also metal isn't just about the music its also a lifestlye.. moving on. why are we even fighting over this, i mean we both like the same s**t we just have different veiws. so idk i am going back to listen to Six feet under and s**t.

You obviously just don't get it, do you? When hearing bands like Marilyn Manson, KoRn, Slipknot, and the like, you classify them as Metal in your mind? You should realize that opinions don't make things factual.

l_i_d is right, you are not. Shut up with your pompous comments and accept the facts of what l_i_d said.
Jerelkath nar Kiranka
Zakk67
love_is_destructive
Zakk67
love_is_destructive
Zakk67
But there isn't.

You obviously just don't get it, do you? When hearing bands like Marilyn Manson, KoRn, Slipknot, and the like, you classify them as Metal in your mind? You should realize that opinions don't make things factual.

l_i_d is right, you are not. Shut up with your pompous comments and accept the facts of what l_i_d said.

why do know what metal is when its your opinion that something isn't metal, that doesn't make it factual.
Zakk67
why do know what metal is when its your opinion that something isn't metal, that doesn't make it factual.

If I were of the opinion that Johnny Cash plays metal, would I be right? According to your argument, I would, and you would have no right to tell me otherwise.

The fact is, music can be divided. Classical isn't rock. Rock isn't hip - hop. Hip - hop isn't country. Etc.

Metal, similarly, is its own separate entity; and, to those who know its characteristics, it is its own distinct style which can be distinguished.
So tell me, what can classify metal when War pigs is considered metal whereas Smoke on the Water and BYOB isn't?
Halfbakedcuteness
So tell me, what can classify metal when War pigs is considered metal whereas Smoke on the Water and BYOB isn't?
Put on something by Corrosion of Conformity and then listen to "War Pigs" and come back and try again.
Do you think Prog was earlier than the 80's? I mean Queensryche sort of has a Deep Purple Influence.
Lord Vitric
Winds of Creation
Yellow Shirt Metal

Metal songs sung by people who wear yellow shirts. Most songs by bands who play in this genre, are very bright and uplifting--just like yellow shirts! Lyrical content includes singing about the shade of goldenrod of your shirt, and your disgust for people with green or blue shirts. That is very similar to the East vs West thing that went on in the rap community. But this isn't rap, this is hardcore metal. About yellow shirts.
damn those yellow shirt metal bands! damn them all!

thts ******** amazin
Avamp
Do you think Prog was earlier than the 80's? I mean Queensryche sort of has a Deep Purple Influence.
Prog rock and prog metal aren't the same thing. Prog metal is much newer than prog rock.
love_is_destructive
Avamp
Prog rock and prog metal aren't the same thing. Prog metal is much newer than prog rock.

Just an observation. It seems simmilar.
Avamp
love_is_destructive
Avamp

Just an observation. It seems simmilar.
Well, of course there are similarities. They're both of the same progressive style, with a different kind of sound involved. Prog rock came first, and then it was applied to metal.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff