Welcome to Gaia! ::

Zakk67
wheres Industrial metal??? i thought you people knew something.. you all suck.
Industrial metal is such a small genre, that rarely appears on its own. So its discounted
KillerWolf13
Industrial isn't a genre it is just a style that is incorperated into a song.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_heavy_metal_genres
it is too, go look for your self
mirkwood raven
Zakk67
wheres Industrial metal??? i thought you people knew something.. you all suck.
Industrial metal is such a small genre, that rarely appears on its own. So its discounted
oh yeah.... your metal
Zakk67
KillerWolf13
Industrial isn't a genre it is just a style that is incorperated into a song.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_heavy_metal_genres
it is too, go look for your self
Wikipedia fails with metal.
Industrial metal is almost never used by itself. It's almost always used with other forms of metal, most often death or black metal.
That's why there's no mention here.
metal is a non-classifiable term, seeing as there are countless sub-genres and opinions can differ on what is "Metal". In plain english, nobody can tell anymore, seing as Hilary Duff has been seen in a Motorhead shirt....... just saying.
Zakk67
metal is a non-classifiable term, seeing as there are countless sub-genres and opinions can differ on what is "Metal". In plain english, nobody can tell anymore, seing as Hilary Duff has been seen in a Motorhead shirt....... just saying.
This statement makes me think you barely know a thing about music, much less metal.
love_is_destructive
Zakk67
This statement makes me think you barely know a thing about music, much less metal.
by what do you mean?
Zakk67
love_is_destructive
Zakk67
by what do you mean?
You think metal is non-classifiable, when it sure as ******** is. There are not "countless" subgenres and metal is based on fact, not opinion. Anyone can tell as long as they have ears.
love_is_destructive
Zakk67
love_is_destructive
Zakk67
by what do you mean?
You think metal is non-classifiable, when it sure as ******** is. There are not "countless" subgenres and metal is based on fact, not opinion. Anyone can tell as long as they have ears.
i never said there wasn't sub - genres did I. i am just say that it is hard to define a band as one genre. an btw how do you find out what genre a band is. is it by how heavy they are. or what they sound like. or maybe something else.
Zakk67
i never said there wasn't sub - genres did I. i am just say that it is hard to define a band as one genre. an btw how do you find out what genre a band is. is it by how heavy they are. or what they sound like. or maybe something else.
You said it was impossible to classify. You're basically saying anything can be metal.
Say what you mean.
And "how heavy they are" is not correct. No.
It's based off the sound, not by how heavy it is.
The only real exception is black metal, considering the vast amounts of sounds it can have while still remaining black metal.
love_is_destructive
Zakk67
You said it was impossible to classify. You're basically saying anything can be metal.
Say what you mean.
And "how heavy they are" is not correct. No.
It's based off the sound, not by how heavy it is.
The only real exception is black metal, considering the vast amounts of sounds it can have while still remaining black metal.
ok.... so what if you have a song that sounds like death metal, then one that sounds like southern rock, and another that is power metal. then wait hmmm...
Zakk67
ok.... so what if you have a song that sounds like death metal, then one that sounds like southern rock, and another that is power metal. then wait hmmm...
Then you would have one that sounds like death metal, one that sounds like southern rock, and another that sounds like power metal.
Know of any REAL band that does that kind of s**t?
No?
Didn't think so.
love_is_destructive
Zakk67
Then you would have one that sounds like death metal, one that sounds like southern rock, and another that sounds like power metal.
No?
Didn't think so.
rebel meets rebel mixes metal, country and southern rock... and now i don't but how do you know their isn't a band.
Zakk67
love_is_destructive
Zakk67
No?
Didn't think so.
rebel meets rebel mixes metal, country and southern rock... and now i don't but how do you know their isn't a band.
I don't know for sure.
But think about it this way.
It's completely unrealistic for a band to expect many fans whatsoever when they switch from death metal to power metal. It's like Gojira riffs and then Gamma Ray. It doesn't work.
love_is_destructive
Zakk67
love_is_destructive
Zakk67
No?
Didn't think so.
I don't know for sure.
But think about it this way.
It's completely unrealistic for a band to expect many fans whatsoever when they switch from death metal to power metal. It's like Gojira riffs and then Gamma Ray. It doesn't work.
BLS has changes, you got heavy a** s**t then slower stuff as well.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff