Greedy Bloodsucker

Caucasian Walk
Digital Malevolence
CHOOO CHOO CHOOOOOO!

I was expecting Nazgul.
Luna Thoth
PUSTULE
Avant Garde

"Avant-garde in music can refer to any form of music working within traditional structures while seeking to breach boundaries in some manner,[12] or to describe the work of any musicians who radically depart from tradition altogether.[13] Some avant-garde composers of the 20th century include Arnold Schoenberg,[14] Charles Ives, Igor Stravinsky,[14] Frank Zappa, Anton Webern, Alban Berg, Henry Cowell,[14] Harry Partch,[14] Olivier Messiaen, Elliott Carter, John Cage,[14] Conlon Nancarrow, Milton Babbitt, György Ligeti, Iannis Xenakis, Pierre Boulez,[citation needed] and Karlheinz Stockhausen.[15] In jazz one could cite a first wave of experimenters associated with bebop, such as Charlie Parker, Thelonious Monk, and Bud Powell, and then a second wave associated with free jazz, including Ornette Coleman, Cecil Taylor, Albert Ayler, and the later recordings of John Coltrane."

Avant-Garde music

As I thought it's not a genre at all. It's another word for experimental to make people feel special.

Exactly, it's a way to describe boundary-pushing bands or songs that can be within any genre, it's kinda like the word "heavy", it's not a genre at all.

Hygienic Humorist

PUSTULE
Luna Thoth
PUSTULE
Avant Garde

"Avant-garde in music can refer to any form of music working within traditional structures while seeking to breach boundaries in some manner,[12] or to describe the work of any musicians who radically depart from tradition altogether.[13] Some avant-garde composers of the 20th century include Arnold Schoenberg,[14] Charles Ives, Igor Stravinsky,[14] Frank Zappa, Anton Webern, Alban Berg, Henry Cowell,[14] Harry Partch,[14] Olivier Messiaen, Elliott Carter, John Cage,[14] Conlon Nancarrow, Milton Babbitt, György Ligeti, Iannis Xenakis, Pierre Boulez,[citation needed] and Karlheinz Stockhausen.[15] In jazz one could cite a first wave of experimenters associated with bebop, such as Charlie Parker, Thelonious Monk, and Bud Powell, and then a second wave associated with free jazz, including Ornette Coleman, Cecil Taylor, Albert Ayler, and the later recordings of John Coltrane."

Avant-Garde music

As I thought it's not a genre at all. It's another word for experimental to make people feel special.

Exactly, it's a way to describe boundary-pushing bands or songs that can be within any genre, it's kinda like the word "heavy", it's not a genre at all.

I've always hated Avant-Garde s**t.
Luna Thoth
PUSTULE
Luna Thoth
PUSTULE
Avant Garde

Avant-Garde music

I don't think I even know any...

Hygienic Humorist

PUSTULE
Luna Thoth
PUSTULE
Luna Thoth
PUSTULE
Avant Garde

Avant-Garde music

Not really music persay, but in art, and fashion especially. Real Avant-Garde music is like jazz stuff, so it's probably not that bad.
Luna Thoth
PUSTULE
Luna Thoth
PUSTULE
Luna Thoth
PUSTULE
Avant Garde

Avant-Garde music

Not really music persay, but in art, and fashion especially. Real Avant-Garde music is like jazz stuff, so it's probably not that bad.

Yeah I guess some of Frank Zappa's music would be considered that too...
But yeah, I despise OTT fashion, it's so impractical.

Hygienic Humorist

PUSTULE
Luna Thoth
PUSTULE
Luna Thoth
PUSTULE

No human could or would were that crap outside the runway

Fashionable Cat

Luna Thoth
lady ga-
Luna Thoth
human

oh
Luna Thoth
PUSTULE
Luna Thoth
PUSTULE
Luna Thoth
PUSTULE

Yeah man, it's just...
There was a DSBM band I found over Youtube a few years ago, but cannot for the life of me remember it or find it again... the 'shrieks' were more like a guy doing a cute, quiet, girly falsetto. lol

Dapper Humorist

8,250 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Millionaire 200
Children of Bodom..Alexi's vocals are so ugly..but I still love them so much. heh.

Hygienic Humorist

GameAce 92
Children of Bodom..Alexi's vocals are so ugly..but I still love them so much. heh.

They suck utter d**k but you are right his vocals are the worst part.
I'm sure a lot of people here have heard them before, but I'm rather fond of Vio-Lence. Sean Killian takes the manic vocal style associated with thrash and just quadruples it. It's wacky, but I think it's really fun to listen to. Plus cool riffs.

I like Giant Squid, too. Aaron Gregory's voice is the right kind of dramatic, in my opinion.

I suppose neither of these guys are really pushing the envelope, but they both have pretty distinctive vocal deliveries that I can dig.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff