Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rich Regular

NaggerSabbath
Flegnarg
Sir McQuackers
Flegnarg
just about everything i listen to is deathcore and i refuse to refer to it as metal
because it's not metal
it is deathcore

your friends are probably the scene ones, they're notorious for referring to core genres as metal.
even though it's really all the same s**t, you and I have to be elitist douche-dicks and have an issue with retards calling a genre that a lot of people actually have no clue of and generally refer to it as metal because that is what they know it as. it's a base term, i suppose.
but the fans of deathcore should know not to call it metal so the metal elitist s**t-skins don't throw a tantrum.
Funny thing is, I tried sitting one down and tried explaining to him that what he listens to, isn't metal. Of course he responded with, "They've got heavy distortion and blast beats, how are they not metal?"
well, that's just his take on it, i suppose. deathcore is derived from death metal and metalcore, metalcore came from metal and hardcore, so it does have many elements of metal. but the way it should be looked at is that it is it's own genre, and not just a sub genre as it sounds as they think it is.

i wouldn't let it get to you, though. pretty much everyone i know refers to deathcore as "heavy metal" and it doesn't bother me because i know what they mean.
if it can be considered "extreme music", it can be considered metal. at least that's how it works in society.

Nah Deathcore only has a few elements of metalcore taken from Deathmetal that are constantly rehashed. Otherwise, its usually pop bridges or useless chug rhythms.

But you are right, it shouldn't be looked at as Metal, nor a subgenre of Hardcore.

good on ya.

you got it all twisted, budpal.
Flegnarg
NaggerSabbath
Flegnarg
Sir McQuackers
Flegnarg
just about everything i listen to is deathcore and i refuse to refer to it as metal
because it's not metal
it is deathcore

your friends are probably the scene ones, they're notorious for referring to core genres as metal.
even though it's really all the same s**t, you and I have to be elitist douche-dicks and have an issue with retards calling a genre that a lot of people actually have no clue of and generally refer to it as metal because that is what they know it as. it's a base term, i suppose.
but the fans of deathcore should know not to call it metal so the metal elitist s**t-skins don't throw a tantrum.
Funny thing is, I tried sitting one down and tried explaining to him that what he listens to, isn't metal. Of course he responded with, "They've got heavy distortion and blast beats, how are they not metal?"
well, that's just his take on it, i suppose. deathcore is derived from death metal and metalcore, metalcore came from metal and hardcore, so it does have many elements of metal. but the way it should be looked at is that it is it's own genre, and not just a sub genre as it sounds as they think it is.

i wouldn't let it get to you, though. pretty much everyone i know refers to deathcore as "heavy metal" and it doesn't bother me because i know what they mean.
if it can be considered "extreme music", it can be considered metal. at least that's how it works in society.

Nah Deathcore only has a few elements of metalcore taken from Deathmetal that are constantly rehashed. Otherwise, its usually pop bridges or useless chug rhythms.

But you are right, it shouldn't be looked at as Metal, nor a subgenre of Hardcore.

good on ya.

you got it all twisted, budpal.

Prove to me where the genre is not a rehash of the same five musical tactics.
Flegnarg

I myself have only found a few current exceptions to the rule that Deathcore is in a truly hopeless state of non-redemption from being accepted in either Metal or Hardcore's underground scene. I can name two bands that underneath all the evil melody and tone, hit rhythms harder than punk and entrench grooves deep into the regoliths of hell.

Obliteration and Skinfather:

Rich Regular

NaggerSabbath

there is only so much you can do in a genre without using some techniques involved with that genre. if it didn't include something from it then it would be a different genre. so of course deathcore must have one of the "five rehashed tactics", or else it wouldn't be deathcore.
but these are bands that, in my opinion and most likely not yours because you are clearly an elitist, make the best of a genre clouded by the generic techniques so many awful bands have utilized and tarnished the genre with.

Flegnarg
NaggerSabbath

there is only so much you can do in a genre without using some techniques involved with that genre. if it didn't include something from it then it would be a different genre. so of course deathcore must have one of the "five rehashed tactics", or else it wouldn't be deathcore.
but these are bands that, in my opinion and most likely not yours because you are clearly an elitist, make the best of a genre clouded by the generic techniques so many awful bands have utilized and tarnished the genre with.

Well first of all, let's not call what's in that cute list of yours Deathcore. How could I be a Deathcore elitist if I wanted those bands to play at festivles with MY Deathcore. Its probably more accurate to call the bands you posted "Exhibitionism stemmed from some spectrum of autism that we clearly don't identify early enough in our schools."

Jk, but seriously, those niggas need to step off their roseboard dicks and groove out to something with an actual flow, like doom metal, ya dig.

Rich Regular

NaggerSabbath

oh mighty nagger, where have you been all my life?
been looking for a troll like you, man.
we are besties for life now
Flegnarg
NaggerSabbath

Would you believe me not a troll if I told you I dug All Shall Perish (and still do dig Chris Story's material.) Now that was a band that makes a stronger case to have Deathcore (even the s**t you like) identified as metal.
Flegnarg

Were you even aware about heavy music by the time "Awaken the Dreamers" hit the scene, youngster?

Rich Regular

NaggerSabbath
Flegnarg
NaggerSabbath

Would you believe me not a troll if I told you I dug All Shall Perish (and still do dig Chris Story's material.) Now that was a band that makes a stronger case to have Deathcore (even the s**t you like) identified as metal.

no, i wouldn't. you're a good troll, but not a good liar.
also, i am guessing you don't like suicide silence with hernan on the vocals because it's generic shitcore, right?

Rich Regular

NaggerSabbath
Flegnarg

Were you even aware about heavy music by the time "Awaken the Dreamers" hit the scene, youngster?

i was aware of it, yes. a fan of it, no.
what kind of 9 year old listens to ASP, let alone deathcore anyway?
Flegnarg

no, i wouldn't. you're a good troll, but not a good liar.
also, i am guessing you don't like suicide silence with hernan on the vocals because it's generic shitcore, right?

What even the ******** are you talking, I wouldn't touch ANY suicide silence, and haven't since those flat billed, suburban blonde idiot ******** started looking up youtubes of Waking the Cadaver during guitar class, sophomore year circa '07. Aside from being a huge Cannibal Corpse, Nile and Buckethead fan at the time.
Chrissy Columbine
if people say black sabbath and iron maiden are metal bands, then yeah deathcore is definitely metal.

Sabbath did with blues rock what Metalcore did with Punk.

So, Duh, scotty, of course it's metal, you are really behind lately.
Flegnarg
NaggerSabbath
Flegnarg

i was aware of it, yes. a fan of it, no.
what kind of 9 year old listens to ASP, let alone deathcore anyway?

hahaha, legitimately lol'd.

Not a fan today are ya?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas