Welcome to Gaia! ::

Business Bear

Mahou Shoujou Satan-chan
Doghouse Reilly
maudlin of the Well is progressive metal.
The End of Science is post-rock/atmospheric sludge metal (post-metal for short, I guess).
Disillusion is also progressive metal (though they're geared toward melodic death metal, while motW is following more of an avant-prog tradition).
Long Distance Calling is another post-rock/atmospheric sludge metal band.

I am the master genre knower. Let no band go un-pigeonholed.

pigeonhole exorelations

harsh boop

Invisible Gatekeeper

Doghouse Reilly
Clover_IceQueen
Doghouse Reilly
Clover_IceQueen
Doghouse Reilly
The End of Science is post-rock/atmospheric sludge metal (post-metal for short, I guess).
Disillusion is also progressive metal (though they're geared toward melodic death metal, while motW is following more of an avant-prog tradition).

Is there such a genre as astral metal? I saw it somewhere, but I'm not sure if it's made up or not.

I've never heard of it until now, but it sounds a little bit like bullshit. The problem is that fans and music journalists like to make up these micro-genres for the sake of pretending like they're at the forefront of some hip and unique scene.

That's a shame... Astral metal sounds my style. I like being spacey and out there a lot. We should make it a thing.

I'm not saying bands aren't allowed to make weird spacey metal, and there are in fact bands that already do. I just think treating it as its own subgenre is silly, especially considering there isn't a whole lot of consistency of sound among bands that have been tagged as astral metal (namely because it's a super vague term that was made up by people who don't understand metal genres).

it's easy! make up genres on the spot! do those mfers have a gimmick? do they like ******** slinkies? BAM! slinky metal! do they play fast and dress like sweet, sweet women?! BAAAAAAAM! crossdresser thrash! anyone can do it! it's fun for the whole family! are they from the goddamn swamp? what the ******** do you know about SWAMP METAL, hoss!? get you one and look like a god damn s**t sucking mouth breathing obscure post progressive krautjazzcore with hindi and 1950's anti-music tendancies and a penchant for DEATH scene metal pro today!!

Versatile Explorer

loldoom
Doghouse Reilly
Clover_IceQueen
Doghouse Reilly
Clover_IceQueen
Doghouse Reilly

Is there such a genre as astral metal? I saw it somewhere, but I'm not sure if it's made up or not.

I've never heard of it until now, but it sounds a little bit like bullshit. The problem is that fans and music journalists like to make up these micro-genres for the sake of pretending like they're at the forefront of some hip and unique scene.

That's a shame... Astral metal sounds my style. I like being spacey and out there a lot. We should make it a thing.

I'm not saying bands aren't allowed to make weird spacey metal, and there are in fact bands that already do. I just think treating it as its own subgenre is silly, especially considering there isn't a whole lot of consistency of sound among bands that have been tagged as astral metal (namely because it's a super vague term that was made up by people who don't understand metal genres).

it's easy! make up genres on the spot! do those mfers have a gimmick? do they like ******** slinkies? BAM! slinky metal! do they play fast and dress like sweet, sweet women?! BAAAAAAAM! crossdresser thrash! anyone can do it! it's fun for the whole family! are they from the goddamn swamp? what the ******** do you know about SWAMP METAL, hoss!? get you one and look like a god damn s**t sucking mouth breathing obscure post progressive krautjazzcore with hindi and 1950's anti-music tendancies and a penchant for DEATH scene metal pro today!!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
loldoom

At least swamp metal sounds like it COULD be real.
But genres should be more about the style of the music instead of the style of the band, and I think a lot of people who claim to know about music overlook that detail.

Shirtless Seeker

Zeedmillenniummon
Mahou Shoujou Satan-chan
Doghouse Reilly

pigeonhole exorelations

I wish you luck with Beyonce and One Direction! biggrin

unfortunately I have yet to receive a response from either of them

Shirtless Seeker

Skyscraper Kills my Ghost
Mahou Shoujou Satan-chan
Doghouse Reilly

pigeonhole exorelations

harsh boop

someone recently told me they like exorelations cuz it's unsettling as s**t
cool
Clover_IceQueen
loldoom

At least swamp metal sounds like it COULD be real.
But genres should be more about the style of the music instead of the style of the band, and I think a lot of people who claim to know about music overlook that detail.

anyone who think the look of a band dictates the genre doesn't know anything about music anyways soooooooo
Clover_IceQueen
Doghouse Reilly
Clover_IceQueen
Doghouse Reilly

astral metal is what i think of when listening to really spacey, synth heavy ambient black metal

Versatile Explorer

High On Phazon
props for motW, they're top-tier

haven't heard of the other ones so you should totally post linx

MOTW is top tier, no... GOD tier. cool

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items