Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gracious Prophet

10,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
I've been an Edguy fan since the early 2000's. I've always enjoyed their very german power/thrash/whatever kind of metal they are. I actually have a really hard time sticking most of the bands I enjoy into ONE genre.

Anwyay-- After the release of their last album, Age of the Joker, which I didn't mind much at all, they lost a lot of fanbase (the ones who were more into albums like Mysteria or Mandrake) due to the changes in their variation. Despite how they've changed their sound, they haven't "sold out", they haven't become "emo" (As some bands did through the 2000's)... They're still unique, they're stlll the exact same band members as they were back as 16 year olds. (Just like Metallica, only german haha)

They say this album will be hot, heavy, and much like their old sound. After Tobias Sammet pretty much sold the ******** out with his Metal Operatic side project, Avantasia, I think he's trying to fix his career in his mid-life crisis state. I'm okay with this smile

Anyone else interested in checking out this album when it comes out this month?

UPDATE:

It's out now!
A Review by myself:

It hasn't been released in North America yet, but it can be pirated if you're into that sort of thing, after listening to snippets before it was released, I absolutely could not wait. They mixed the old heavy styles and vocals, and the new back vocals in every chorus new age theme. The licks were tasteful, and there's even an awful 1985 cover of a catchy eurorock song haha. His vocals for that song make it hilarious and worth a listen. I think it deserves a chance, if you were to picture Edguy as a modern day band trapped in the 80's, you'd appreciate what they're trying to do.

Friendly Friend

Invisible Gatekeeper

can you please tell me what metal bands went emo thru the 2000's?

Commander in Chief

loldoom
can you please tell me what metal bands went emo thru the 2000's?
Did you know that if you took 19,256 birthday cards and shredded them then mixed them with glue you'd have a sticky pile of shredded cards? Hard to believe! Happy birthday to me! Bye!
Can you explain to me what emo is?

Commander in Chief

Vampire State Building

Did you know that my birthday is also the international day of fabulousness and green rabbits? Ok, byebye!

Invisible Gatekeeper

...i'm already over this gaia event

1,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
[NPC] President Diedrich
Vampire State Building

Did you know that my birthday is also the international day of fabulousness and green rabbits? Ok, byebye!

Oh ******** a talking rabbit

Commander in Chief

The Heavy Metal Jesus
[NPC] President Diedrich
Vampire State Building

Oh ******** a talking rabbit

Versatile Explorer

[NPC] President Diedrich
The Heavy Metal Jesus
[NPC] President Diedrich
Vampire State Building

Oh ******** THE talking rabbit

Commander in Chief

Mandrakk The Dark Monitor
[NPC] President Diedrich
The Heavy Metal Jesus
[NPC] President Diedrich
Vampire State Building

Oh ******** THE talking rabbit

Versatile Explorer

Ayreonauts Only
"emo" (As some bands did through the 2000's)

Be careful how you use this term, it's not many usually think it is. The posters here will get on you for that, some of us like emo and screamo here. More of screamo though.

inb4 ADAM

Commander in Chief

Ayreonauts Only

Be careful how you use this term, it's not what one usually thinks it is. The posters here will get on you for that, some of us like emo and screamo here. More of screamo though.

inb4 ADAM

Versatile Explorer

[NPC] President Diedrich
Ayreonauts Only

Be careful how you use this term, it's not what one usually thinks it is. The posters here will get on you for that, some of us like emo and screamo here. More of screamo though.

inb4 ADAM

What the ******** are you?
Go away

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas