Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Rogue

9,575 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
eh, slam is ok. you can pick like 4 of 5 random bands and you will have heard all you need to hear of the genre.

Greedy Capitalist

Doghouse Reilly
Ace the Fatalist
Phantom Corsair
User Image

I've been meaning to address this

He looks quite sad. It seems that hair gel and powerviolence alone are not enough to quell his aching spirit. Thus he turns his attention upon a humble thread of slam death nostalgia to pass judgment and assert his tastes in the realm of metal, but alas, it is not Devourment the band that plagues him, but devourment of the heart.

@SSZ: Just because it's stupid doesn't mean it isn't fun.

I laughed way too hard

Versatile Explorer

Ace the Fatalist
Nasty Mayors Daughter
how do people take pig vocals seriously

i really genuinely need to know, like if you are patient enough you can start to understand vocalization in harsh formats, im sure a lot of us who like black metal started out not finding it intelligable,

but come the ******** on why do these bands (meaning bands like in OP) even have lyrics if they're just going to opposite-world Sigur Ros that s**t and make the same noise over and over again

tbh this is something that i've wondered because no one knows what the ******** people pig squealing are even saying
at this point i think bands that pig squeal in Brutal Death, Slam and sometimes Deathcore do it because it means that the vocalist is "talented", or because it sounds "brutal". But it's rly because that's the staple in Slam, so you'll just be looked at weird if you try something different
I read an interview with Mike Majewski, Devourment's vocalist, explicitly state that at times he doesn't even try to actually say the lyrics, he just comes up with cool sequences and patterns for the vocals so the breakdowns are more catchy
This is very devious, but evilly hilarous

Who cares about the lyrics right? lol
No they usually don't say anything.

Nasty Mayors Daughter

Do you like any deathcore at all? I mean like... Day of Mourning or Despised Icon? I know Despised Icon does a bit of squealing here and there but that's about it.

Greedy Capitalist

Mandrakk The Dark Monitor

Do you like any deathcore at all? I mean like... Day of Mourning or Despised Icon? I know Despised Icon does a bit of squealing here and there but that's about it.

Despised Icon's debut LP is really, really cool, I remember jamming to that back in the day

Versatile Explorer

Ace the Fatalist

Despised Icon's debut LP is really, really cool, I remember jamming to that back in the day

Their first is pretty good. I was talking about about their 2nd album though, where a bit of pig squealing shows up. Like on here:

Greedy Capitalist

Ace the Fatalist

Their first is pretty good. I was talking about about their 2nd album though, where a bit of pig squealing shows up. Like on here:

there's squealing on their debut, also

DI have really good vocals all around. I Declare War had a looot of pig squealing on their debut and second LP, when they still had their old vocalist, Jonathan Huber, who was the vocalist for Pathology for a while
I like them

Greedy Capitalist

XStr8EdgeX
I like them

They took a serious leap of faith with this album, because they've never had production quality this good. Also, there are slams, but the snares are less twangy, which Devourment champions in all of their other albums. Not their best, but I really, reeeally liked it. Mike Majewski went harrrd on the vocals

Versatile Explorer

Ace the Fatalist
Ace the Fatalist

there's squealing on their debut, also

DI have really good vocals all around. I Declare War had a looot of pig squealing on their debut and second LP, when they still had their old vocalist, Jonathan Huber, who was the vocalist for Pathology for a while

There is but I don't know that album as well and not as much it seems, I don't think I've finished it actually. surprised

Ugh IDW. Why'd you bring that up? lol

Greedy Capitalist

There is but I don't know that album as well and not as much it seems, I don't think I've finished it actually. surprised

IDW aren't very good, but they are another band that pig squealed quite a bit in their music. My girlfriend loves their music, though, so i've seen them live 3 times and met them 2 times. They put on a really, reeeally good show, and they're cool people(even though they have a revolving door of a line-up).

Versatile Explorer

Ace the Fatalist

IDW aren't very good, but they are another band that pig squealed quite a bit in their music. My girlfriend loves their music, though, so i've seen them live 3 times and met them 2 times. They put on a really, reeeally good show, and they're cool people(even though they have a revolving door of a line-up).

Lol, a BIT? Revolving door meaning that... they have some repeated acts they perform with right?

Greedy Capitalist

Ace the Fatalist

Lol, a BIT? Revolving door meaning that... they have some repeated acts they perform with right?

I mean that they have a new member every few months, it's actually really stupid. They have no original members according to metal archives

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff