Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Humorist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Nudist Colony 200
User Image

Do you guys have any relatives that fought in any wars? What are you doing to remember them today? 3nodding

Asylum v2's King

Perfect Conversationalist

13,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Firestarter 200
well both my grandpa's were in WWII so i am remembering them!

5,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
im remembering my grandfather today...he was in the navy. today i went to a service they had at his grave site and put newnflowers and a flag in his flower pot.

Shy Browser

11,900 Points
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Citizen 200
I'm remembering my grandfathers , my dad, my uncle,and my brother. My brother spent 18 months in AFG and it was hard on my small family. I'm glad he made it home safely and was able to get married.

Dangerous Firestarter

I'm remembering my grandfather who fought against the Nazi-Occupation of Norway as a 16-18 year old.
He got captured, adn they ripped out his toe nails slowly to get information.

Eloquent Humorist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Nudist Colony 200
User Image

Wow, seems like everyone's got a grandfather who served! Me too!

Eloquent Humorist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Nudist Colony 200
Commander Kenneth
I'm remembering my grandfather who fought against the Nazi-Occupation of Norway as a 16-18 year old.
He got captured, adn they ripped out his toe nails slowly to get information.

User Image

Aww man, that's horrible.. I think that had to be one of the worst wars ever...

Distinct Conversationalist

9,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Big Tipper 100
I'm remembering my grandfather and uncle. While my uncle was in WWII, he and a few other soldiers were patrolling the border of some woods. They ran into a few nazi soldiers. Instead of fighting, though, the nazi's actually invited them to have some coffee. My uncle and the other US soldiers accepted, they went to a nazi base camp, sat down and had some coffee and a nice conversation. Then, my uncle and the others went back. No problems, it was just...friendly. More of an interesting war story than an exciting one, but still.

Big Conversationalist

8,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
My step father who fought in Vietnam, he paid with his mind.
Also my love is in the army. I can't wait to see him (June 25th) heart

Springtime Explorer

12,815 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Not everyone I'm remembering was blood related. A few friends, "Papa" Larry Smith (marines), and Steve Petch (army). No family members that I know of.

Profitable Gekko

3,350 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
I have had some very close people die that were serving in battles/wars. On memorial day, what i do to remember them is to pray, and keep praying that God is keeping them safe. I also hope they watch over me and keep me safe, I also mourn for those people who died serving whom my family has considered family... RIP to all of those who have died serving our country, and we thank you for your service.

Novice Writer

25,275 Points
  • A Novel Idea 0
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100
Today I remember my father, who went into the Navy Seabees instead of waiting to be drafted during the Vietnam War. I don't believe we should have even been in there in the first place, but I'm still proud of my father, regardless. I don't care what the anti-war protesters called him, he will always be my hero.

I also remember my grandfather, who died in 2007, and was a memeber of the Army Corp of Engeneers during WWII and fought during the Battle of the Bulge. I don't care what his father thought of him, but I'm proud of grandpa, period.
It's a day my friends and I spend in memory of our fellow soldiers we lost in Iraq and afghanistan
I am remembering that my grandpa Hector was in the Vietnam War.

Familiar Friend

6,825 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Friendly 100
Used to be a soilder.
I still have my dearest friends there so bless them and my family for fighting with me.
I love you forever and each

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces