Welcome to Gaia! ::

No work for the summer woot woot
THxROCKS
I can't understand why we just can't work on that day.
Some people don't have anything with memorial day, just like me. It's just like church people. They bother you with their thing.

Because there are a lot more people that want to be off on that day. They wouldn't have enough people to run a store in most cases and it isn't fair to expect people to work who want to be off just so the people that have nothing to do have something to do. If you have nothing to do relax. Catch up on some sleep or watch something.
PyramidHead SHD
Such a b***h, no offense... emotion_donotwant
Memorial Day is to remember soldiers who fell fighting for our country, but you just think of it as "Yay I don't have to go to work because its some special day."

So all people have to revere Christ on Christmas just because its Christmas and it would be offensive not to? Boy, like she said, it doesn't take her one holiday to remember the fallen. Though it gives people a chance that they wouldn't of had otherwise to do so.

5,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
Work sucks donkeyballs.

Asylum v2's King

Perfect Conversationalist

13,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Firestarter 200
To be honest, this sounds like a terrible reason for you to state you are glad its memorial day! it's to remember the fallen soldiers who gave their lives for our country! and even though not working is a perk, that shouldnt be the only reason for you celebrating!

anyways, my plans already happened. Sunday we BBQ'd at my aunts house then today, i had my friend and her daughter who are like family to me come over to my apartment to hang out!
M sister had to work at Kohls last year on Memorial Day.
Halo Master 05
To be honest, this sounds like a terrible reason for you to state you are glad its memorial day! it's to remember the fallen soldiers who gave their lives for our country! and even though not working is a perk, that shouldnt be the only reason for you celebrating!

anyways, my plans already happened. Sunday we BBQ'd at my aunts house then today, i had my friend and her daughter who are like family to me come over to my apartment to hang out!
Why don't you people read the other posts?
neutral

Adorable Pumpkin

My work does the same. They take advantage of me too,
asking me to work late and come in early. I'm just so irrtated.

Asylum v2's King

13,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Firestarter 200
heather makes sense
Halo Master 05

Why don't you people read the other posts?
neutral

i just read the first post and felt like expressing my opinion. is that so wrong?
My mom's workplace has changed their rules. They have to work on every holdiday except Thanksgiving and Christmas, including Memorial Day.

Asylum v2's King

13,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Firestarter 200
silent_wisdom
My mom's workplace has changed their rules. They have to work on every holdiday except Thanksgiving and Christmas, including Memorial Day.

wow that really sucks! does she work in the medical field?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff