This poll closed on February 19, 2003.
No longer accepting new votes.

dunnlop
Homm_Spectre
dunnlop wrote:
my favorite race is human because of multiple reasons:

1) i personally love their armor and unit designs
2) paladins are among my favorite heroes
3) riflemen are, in my opinion, some of the best ranged units avalable at that stage
4) humans, being a jack-of-all-trades kind of race, can compete with anything (for example, humans can compete with any other race's strength)
5) i am a human

there u have it. the truth of dunnlop.

Thank you for stating your opinion instead of trying to pretend that Human is the best. I appreciate an actual opinion rather than the constant crap almost everyone else has been posting. Even if you have a few spelling errors at least you did not attempt to preach about something you know nothing about.

Homm_Spectre
Actually like dunnlop's "points" those are pointless since they are just poorly regurgitated sentences from the manual. That is like saying "the demon hunter is good because he can burn mana and evade stuff. omg and with meta he comes super godsend gosu powerful!!!!"

If you want to make a point post a strategy or a build order.

u know homm_spectre or however u spell ur name, what points CAN you give that arent from the manual? If you say that you like NE for dadada, it must be because of one of their traits from the game, and therefore probably from the manual.

you just seem like some1 who feels the need to jump at every1's lil imperfections that they could care less about. in fact i dont see u giving much help in this thread either, u just jump at every other post and whine or say that the poster is wrong in this/that way.

just shut up, or contribute some useful opinions ok? heart

Of course you cannot see any help I give because all you do is try to flame me with your pathetic insults and feeble mind. I am sorry you are too stupid to string sentences together but that is really not my fault. I do contribute useful tactics to those who ask for them. I have posted several times that if anyone wants a strategy reviewed I would do so for them providing counters as well as execution times for certain things like expanding harassing and creeping.

Though since most of this board is comprised of morons like you I cannot really help any of you. Not a single one of you has posted a strategy here for review at best some people have posted their ideal armies. Even these people have been way off base since half the time their army compositions made no sense at all or exceeded the possible food maximums for a standard ladder game.

Lastly not that I have to prove myself to someone like you but I will give comments that are not in the manual for every race. The humans ability to fast expand has been something I have long envied as a mainly Night Elf player. True we have our Aow/Tree plant but we still need at least a hero and a few huntresses to take out a gold mine. A human player can be building an expansion within minutes of the game with just an Archmage, two footies, and a handful of militia. I have always favored Orc harassers since they have among the two best in the game a BladeMaster with windwalk or a Farseer with wolves and lightning. Ever since I saw Hazeem fast tech to tier2 just to harass someone with two heroes by nightfall I have loved playing Orc just for their hero harassing abilities. Undead are plain and simple I love them for their built in nuke. Back in Roc where undead had an 850 damage nuke they were something to be reckoned with. When Tft came around and they gained the 800 hit point walking mana fountains I was in heaven. I made an account dedicated to abusing the hell of out the undead nuke sometimes making just two statues and three heroes the entire game for my army. Last but certainly not least my favorite Night Elves have the Warden and the Demon Hunter not just my two favorite heroes but also excellent harassers. In fact to some extent all the Night Elf heroes are great harassers. Though the reason I favor the Elves is simply for their natural agility and the fact that the Warden is the most fun hero to play. Warden against the world replays are something to be treasured.

That load of information and opinion is something you will never find in the manual. Do not criticize when you do not even bother to look through to see if I offered help. Even better do not criticize someone if you are just going to act like a dumbass and not bother to read anything they post it just wastes time.
You know the really sad thing is I have never considered myself good at this game because frankly I am not. What really irritates me are players that are actually worse than me and try to preach like they are goddamn Madfrog or Showtime or someone that might actually have a valid point. Arefel and LadyBloodflower are far better than I am but, no one on here will ever know that because everyone is too busy posting crap that they think is actually important. I am done with this feel free to post all your 50 grunts and hero own all strategies. Just do me a favor and send me the replay of the one guy you play against that makes half a dozen chimeras because you will be in for a damn rude awakening.
whoa this topic is old ^^ i have wc3 and to be honest i only play it when the nets out ^^ xd
Homm_Spectre
You know the really sad thing is I have never considered myself good at this game because frankly I am not. What really irritates me are players that are actually worse than me and try to preach like they are goddamn Madfrog or Showtime or someone that might actually have a valid point. quote]

Ok, Homm, these are known as n00bs, nobs, or noobs in the gaming world, they don't know anything about what to do. Leave them be, curse em off, whatever, you get used to them. Now, dont be mistaking, not every bad character is a noob, in game lingo, a newb or newbie is a new character, and they never say they are good, dont get mad at these guys, help them out! However a noob is a moron, the other word for donkey, or someone who acts good but stinks.

And as for my favorite Warcraft class, it'd have to be rifles in the Frozen Throne, as much as i love my gryphons, its too hard anymore to get up to gryphs * i rushed gryphs before in chaos, try that...* since town halls type actually seem to have a longer builder time in frozen throne.

Either way, im Human all the way!

Oh, and one more thing, on the internet, a lot of the game is trying to guess what ur oppents are gonna go so the game is based on luck a lot except in 4v4 games, where luck is just a bit helpful.
hey i play as UD on WCIIIFT

there saposed to be an expeert lvl race but there so easy to use (maby cuz i play sc)
DarkSolo
hey i play as UD on WCIIIFT

there saposed to be an expeert lvl race but there so easy to use (maby cuz i play sc)

- Actually, i hear that the true expert lvl race is orc because of the way their town is run on multi-player. And yes i do agree it helps that you played sc but, from the other warcrafts and sc, war3 takes a huge jump in difficulty, so you might just have a knack for this game.
Ok all warcraft fans its me, sylis165, bring you some more cheats in orders of my lord helmos
Warcraft 3: Reign Of Chaos

Cheat mode:
Press [Enter] to display the two player message box, type one of the following codes, then press [Enter] again to activate the corresponding cheat function. The message "Cheat Code Enabled" will appear to confirm correct code entry. Note: Cheats can only be enabled in single player mode and custom maps.

Effect Code
Invincibility and one hit kills whosyourdaddy
Full map iseedeadpeople
Instant victory allyourbasearebelongtous
Instant defeat somebodysetupusthebomb
Continue playing after losing in campaign mode strengthandhonor
Remove spell cool down thedudeabides
Disable victory conditions itvexesme
Gold; 500 is default keysersoze <number>
Lumber; 500 is default leafittome <number>
Gold and lumber; 500 is default greedisgood <number>
Fast construction warpten
Fast death iocainepowder
No need for food pointbreak
Fast research whoisjohngalt
Research upgrades sharpandshiny
Disable Tech Tree requirements in campaign synergy
Set time to morning riseandshine
Set time to evening lightsout
Set time of day daylightsavings <1-24>
Toggle daylight progression daylightsavings
Unlimited mana thereisnospoon
Trees disappear abrakadabra
Your and allies heroes are level 10 ihavethepower
20 footmen lamisilat
Level select1 motherland <race> <level>
heres some more cheats for warcraft
WarCraft 3: The Frozen Throne

Cheat mode:
Press [Enter] to display the two player message box, type one of the following codes, then press [Enter] again to activate the corresponding cheat function. The message "Cheat Code Enabled" will appear to confirm correct code entry. Note: Cheats can only be enabled in single player mode and custom maps. Also, some codes are case-sensitive.

Effect Code
Invincibility and one hit kills whosyourdaddy
Full map iseedeadpeople
Instant victory allyourbasearebelongtous
Instant defeat somebodysetupusthebomb
Continue playing after losing in campaign mode strengthandhonor
Remove spell cool down thedudeabides
Disable victory conditions itvexesme
Gold; 500 is default keysersoze <number>
Lumber; 500 is default leafittome <number>
Gold and lumber; 500 is default greedisgood <number>
Fast construction warpten
Fast death iocainepowder
No need for food pointbreak
Fast research whoisjohngalt
Research upgrades sharpandshiny
Disable Tech Tree requirements in campaign synergy
Set time to morning riseandshine
Set time to evening lightsout
Set time of day daylightsavings <1-24>
Toggle daylight progression daylightsavings
Unlimited mana thereisnospoon
Trees disappear abrakadabra
Your and allies heroes are level 10 ihavethepower
20 footmen lamisilat
Level select1 motherland <race> <level>
Hear credits music (when used in single player mode) TenthLevelTaurenChieftain
Cylf
Homm_Spectre
You know the really sad thing is I have never considered myself good at this game because frankly I am not. What really irritates me are players that are actually worse than me and try to preach like they are goddamn Madfrog or Showtime or someone that might actually have a valid point. quote]

Ok, Homm, these are known as n00bs, nobs, or noobs in the gaming world, they don't know anything about what to do. Leave them be, curse em off, whatever, you get used to them. Now, dont be mistaking, not every bad character is a noob, in game lingo, a newb or newbie is a new character, and they never say they are good, dont get mad at these guys, help them out! However a noob is a moron, the other word for donkey, or someone who acts good but stinks.

And as for my favorite Warcraft class, it'd have to be rifles in the Frozen Throne, as much as i love my gryphons, its too hard anymore to get up to gryphs * i rushed gryphs before in chaos, try that...* since town halls type actually seem to have a longer builder time in frozen throne.

Oh, and one more thing, on the internet, a lot of the game is trying to guess what ur oppents are gonna go so the game is based on luck a lot except in 4v4 games, where luck is just a bit helpful.

I am well aware of the differences you do not need to educate someone who has been gaming longer than you have known how to walk. I do not use the term newbs or n00bs on here because I frankly do not care and if you are indeed a n00b you will never understand the reference anyway so the purpose is self defeating.

For your warcraft comment it is not so much town hall build times as it is cost to upgrade. Back in Roc you could tech immediately to tier2 if you really wanted to because you started with the necessary gold and lumber to tech up immediately. Of course since Tft they increased the lumber cost immensely so that it is impossible to speed tech like you could in Roc. Also Gryphons now lack the punch they once had because of all the changes Blizzard made to damage type and armor. Still excellent units but not something you can just mass mindlessly and hope to win.
Obviously he was the true heir of the throne of Gondor. razz

Anyway, night elves are my race.
i hate the game
Cylf
Homm_Spectre
You know the really sad thing is I have never considered myself good at this game because frankly I am not. What really irritates me are players that are actually worse than me and try to preach like they are goddamn Madfrog or Showtime or someone that might actually have a valid point.

I agree on that, I am a newb... Sometimes I can act like a noob... Only when I am dead, or not realizing what I am doing.. So you really shouldn't marginalize people by what they type, or their opinions...
Undead is awesome ninja
I always play random but I find I do best when I end up with NE or Orc. And it's tough to choose a favourite from those two, but I voted for NE since I love their heroes.

In World of Warcraft, my favourite are gnomes!
bump 101

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces