Human 0.14451795234119 14.5% [ 2250 ]
Orc 0.14477487314535 14.5% [ 2254 ]
Undead 0.21523540368681 21.5% [ 3351 ]
Night Elf 0.49547177082664 49.5% [ 7714 ]
Total Votes:[ 15569 ]
This poll closed on February 19, 2003.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 418 419 420 > >> >>> »|

i am on the beta and here are my impressions.

Humans... they have made them SUPER powerful. Not only are their siege capabilities increased even more with the ability to make mortar teams do more splash damage and have steam tanks attack air units they also have the dragonhawk riders that cam completely incompasitate up to 5 clustered towers in an enemy base. Also their spellbreaker units are capable of stealing buffs and are immune to magik. Their hero is awesome but his skills are really only good at level three and above. oh... did I mention that towers can be bought from an arcane vault and built in under 5 seconds.... yeah ... they kill me all the time

Undead... thier now much harder to kill as their black statues heal quite a bit and with multiple statues you can keep units alive for a long time with a crap load of magic replenishing. The new hero the Cryptlord is totally awesome and so friggin hard to kill but he's very fun to use. other than that their strategy hasn't changed much... but now they can debuff units with the destroyers (black sphinxs)

Orcs... these guys get a crapload of enhancements... now the trolls can be be upgraded to berserkers and they are much stronger with more speed. The orcs also have bat riders which are cheap and efficient against hit and run siege tacktics and anti air units. So basically the orcs have more air strategies. The new hero is cool in concept but not much of a help... the spirit walker casters are great but require a lot of micromanaging

Elves... These are my favorites but I really feal like they keep crapping on them so a lot of people on battlenet can kick their butts. They are no longer the masters of air... maybe anti air but archers are worse than troll berserkers now... They also are no longer masters of anti magic... although the new faerie dragons discourage magic casters they also are easily killed. The night elves have stronger bases now... as treants don't need to uproot to attack and moon wells can keep you fighting forever if you upgrade their mana stores and regen. Also the druids can cast certain spells while in animal form (raven = faerie fire, grizzly = roar) the mountain giants allow for more ground attack strategies but at 7 food they are kinda of costly and are just shields... not really attackers... I've had the undead steal 3 of my giants with those measly banshees and completely slaughter me because I couldn't get around the giants (which used to be mine). Ultimately they made the night elves more even but also kinda average... although the new heroine... the warden is definately a tough cookie sometimes...

over all the improvements are fun but they all need to be balanced a lot more... the other problem is that battlenet games are always grunt rush tactics a game is usually over in 15 minutes so it's hard to use higher level units to full advantage with all the upgrades humans are way over powered in my opinion but then again i always have trouble with them haha

wow... I should shut up now... hope this was helpfull haha!!! bye all
wow the beta sounds cool, whats the human hero like?

i have to admit its either orcs or human for me, i love the spell caster hero of either race as they can go off and take on creeps with out much suppost (so long as your level one spell is the summon spell)

i love bloodlusted orc warriors, they are so tough
and the human knights are great too

but i never have a use for the damn steam tank stare
At the writing of this post, humans are my favorite. It'll prolly change as soon as bnet discovers my human weakness (pah, good luck) but until then I reign supreme...sorta...

Anyway, Orcs were my favorite before this because of the versatility in the first half of an online game, however in the last half they get weak...

NE was my first favorite because they could rule the skies in 10 minutes. However it became such a cheap tactic that I decided to diversify...

Undead have NO redeeming qualities. The Frosties are mere punching bags, necromancers are just time consuming, and everything else is focused into petty ground troops. I am yet to meet an undead I couldn't annihilate. cool
At the writing of this post, humans are my favorite. It'll prolly change as soon as bnet discovers my human weakness (pah, good luck) but until then I reign supreme...sorta...

Anyway, Orcs were my favorite before this because of the versatility in the first half of an online game, however in the last half they get weak...

NE was my first favorite because they could rule the skies in 10 minutes. However it became such a cheap tactic that I decided to diversify...

Undead have NO redeeming qualities. The Frosties are mere punching bags, necromancers are just time consuming, and everything else is focused into petty ground troops. I am yet to meet an undead I couldn't annihilate. cool
orcs and undead are the two best anti air armies out there, there farms both make good anti air turrets and the wolfrider/crypt fiend ensnare/web ability means my dread lord and his host of abominations make mincemeat out of any flyer that gets to the ground
DARK ELF RULE ALL THAY SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! twisted twisted
lol MUUHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAAAAHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
All the races are good, but personally I prefer the Orcs. Given, they are pathetic versus some things like air. But they also have many strengths. They are very adaptable, and are the only race to have a hero with each attribute as his main one. They can throw out units to face different situations easily. When teamed up with a good partner, Orcs are a very potent force. Their casters are some of the most useful and are quite inexpensive. Yes, they are pretty bad against air, but in FT that all changes. (Being a beta tester, I have witnessed the power of Batriders) Yes, the Orcs do have their share of glaring weaknesses, but overall, they are a well-balanced and fun race to play.
Warcraft 3 sux
It's a toss up between Human and Nightelf
Definately night elf, the sexiest wink

damn i hope they put lots of night elves in World of Warcraft.

That game is going to be so mad XD
The Undead! I loved their regaining abilities.. and it's the undead!

Who doesn't like the undead?
Nightelves rock! Although I am no good at the game, even with the Nightelves. They are just so unique. I mean c'mon, walking trees that throw rocks at you? It can't get any better than that. biggrin
as much as I love the night elves, sometimes, it's just plain fun to lure people into a cloud of frost wyrms (let your wyrms sit still and go attack a hero with a grunt or two... a little walkin' and BOOM!!!)... I know you can do the same with chimeras, but... where's the love?
I love being the Undead, because you can take over enemies and sometimes make their buildings and stuff.
I use either Human or Orcs. One thing i love most of the Humans is their hero, Mountain King. Using the StormBolt that damages 300 and stuns for 9sec, it keeps me from killing other heroes fast! Especially with an Archmage on my side, the mana regeneration rate boost up fast!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff