Welcome to Gaia! ::

((Lemme explain shape shifting real quick.
When I shape shift, I can reconstruct my mass anwhere in my current body. If I were a snake at the time this means that when I change, I would reform anywhere along the snake's body. So if my head were being constricted by someone, I would simply reconstruct myself at the tail; this is of cource what I did.

I'm not trying to end the RP, far from it. My character is no match for any of you really so I wouldn't dream that I can take any of you on. I was simply trying to bide the other Yakuza some time. My attack was merely a diversion, it's how I fight. Attacking quickly from the darkness, then retreating just as fast; it's how I survive.))

Meanwhile, back outside the parameter of the Yakuza HQ, two glowing eyes watch the scene unfolding; they are soon joined by two more green, shimmering eyes...
"This is a ferocious battle" a voice speaks into the darkness
"Indeed... But he is not here..." the emerald warrior whispers back
"Are you sure?"
"I've searched the whole building... Well, everywhere the mice can get to..."
"Then we should retreat, and wait for the battle to die"
He pauses, "... I cannot..."
"This is not your battle!"
"I know, mother... But if I do not help, there will be more death......"
Aegyro
((Lemme explain shape shifting real quick.
When I shape shift, I can reconstruct my mass anwhere in my current body. If I were a snake at the time this means that when I change, I would reform anywhere along the snake's body. So if my head were being constricted by someone, I would simply reconstruct myself at the tail; this is of cource what I did.

I'm not trying to end the RP, far from it. My character is no match for any of you really so I wouldn't dream that I can take any of you on. I was simply trying to bide the other Yakuza some time. My attack was merely a diversion, it's how I fight. Attacking quickly from the darkness, then retreating just as fast; it's how I survive.))

Meanwhile, back outside the parameter of the Yakuza HQ, two glowing eyes watch the scene unfolding; they are soon joined by two more green, shimmering eyes...
"This is a ferocious battle" a voice speaks into the darkness
"Indeed... But he is not here..." the emerald warrior whispers back
"Are you sure?"
"I've searched the whole building... Well, everywhere the mice can get to..."
"Then we should retreat, and wait for the battle to die"
He pauses, "... I cannot..."
"This is not your battle!"
"I know, mother... But if I do not help, there will be more death......"

(( ooc: Then you might want to phrase any ... complications like that at the time of the 'escape' because the less specific your actions are, the more ... open to manipulation they are. Trust me, in this style of RP, any of your actions can easily be turned against you as Quin's own little 'attack' got him a little tied up so to speak.

As for moving about the area... you might also want to try posting that you do so, only to compare whether or not you did it with the allotable physical time of this realm while other events are happening.

I'm not saying you can't, or it's impossible to, but for Goodness sake, be as specific with your actions as you possibly can to convey our entire point. This doens't mean be as flashy, or extravagant to some of you (No, not you Aegyro).
_________________________________
Vagabond, Only minutes have passed... heck, I don't even know if that much time has passed RPwise since you last asked. Cause if you were to read, and hink about wha's been happening, it's all happening kinda one thing after the other. No pauses.

And that's just why you need to be as specific as possible, especially when you're talking about searching through the building, or something as enormous of a task that is for a mouse, no less and while all of his is goin on, which, by no means takes a long time in the timeline.
((You'd probably be surprised at how fast mice can move; and he'd been searching the building for longer than I've been posting. Plus, there are more ways to search for someone than just with eyes and ears.
I'll try to be more articulate from now on))
Aegyro
((You'd probably be surprised at how fast mice can move; and he'd been searching the building for longer than I've been posting. Plus, there are more ways to search for someone than just with eyes and ears.
I'll try to be more articulate from now on))

(( Again, I'm probably the last one that should be complaining considering I can analyse someone's post and actually understand what they're talking about... including the part about the speed of a mouse.

But.. again, you must relate things to what's happening to the rest of the place so that it's coherent enough for the rest of the readers out there. Thanks for understanding, and I hope ou take it to practice instead of merely saing 'okay'. 3nodding
Minn
Minn crashed into the ground from a shove, groaning slightly as her eyes fluttered back open. Who..the flames were coming back this way, from Tompson. Obviously this guy was impossible to catch off guard. Her eyes widened at seeing where the shove came from..a man trying to save her. "No!" she called out, hand reaching toward him. People aren't supposed to get hurt for her, it's her own actions! She was the one putting herself in harms way. It took an effort to stand up again, her body was weak from using so much fire energy too fast. Using it against the soldiers, and now against Tompson was draining. "Get out of the way!" her voice came out in rasp, but her movements were too slow..he was going to get hit.


<i>Steele raised his bare arm, he was, after all, lacking a shirt. His torso, covered with small thing whip-like scars, caught the light of the flames, and each scar shon with pearly evidence. He shielded his face, crouching, turning his back towards eminant pain. He took in a breath, bracing himself as he reached into his pocket. He felt a gust of wind, and as he pried what looked like a small drink umbrella from the confines of his pocket. He popped it open, the grey arc of the umbrella expanded into a shield, however Steele was a bit slow, his hands and shoulders getting burnt moderately. He gritted his teeth as he held onto the handle of his 'magic' umbrella, panting slightly.</i> ohh that smarts....<i>He said to himself, gold eyes glancing over towards the girl he pushed out of the way, the skin on his arm seared and steaming. His hand was shaking slightly.</i> mmnh that's my cue to exit stage left....<i>He rolled to the right, onto his feet, away from the flames, and out of their way. He closed the umbrella, it was made of metal. It shrunk back down to the size of a drink umbrella, and he tucked it into his pocket, and pulled a little glass bottle out. He drank it's contents, grimaced, and then stepped back into the hallway.</i>
Kelwyn's avatar

Vicious Lunatic

8,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Full closet 200
Quin Dunham
(( Umm... the beads I'm referring to do indeed exist, even since I've ben a member of the Council of Magi which is now unfortunately dispursed due to people not posting there anymore (Man I miss that place crying ) Anyways... they're in a vial similar to a small test tube slipped into his jacket for when stupidities like these occur. Long story there, don't bother asking unless it's through IMs And don't worry, I never use those things unless I've no choice but to anyways... and they all have their limits as well.

The jacket coat that Quin is not wearing at the moment is in a rolled up bundle that he used as a pillow back when Jun'ko was in the lobby passed out and Steele healed her knee. Which is why He's not looking through his pockets.

And if you asked why he didn't think of them back with Jun... don't ask. It happens to everyone with at least some PART HUMAN. We all forget at times like that. Anyways... on with the show. ))

(( wink I can verify the existance of these beads, I've used them before when needed. 3nodding That was a good guild... sad ))
Kelwyn's avatar

Vicious Lunatic

8,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Full closet 200
Kel bit her lip harder as she watched the battle unfold. She knew she had to do something, yet she also knew she was terrified that her power would be no where near enough... still...

She saw her opportunity the moment it occured. The woman called Jun'ko grabbed Mario and threw him at the monster, apparantly to distract him. In one rapid motion she summoned Kirsùl to her hand and drew forth its power, whirling the air above them to the proper friction, unleashing a powerful bolt of lightning directly on top of his head. She gripped her staff tightly and waited with baited breath to see if she had managed to do anything other than stir up a hornet's nest.
<i>Antique sat there for a moment looking at Quin, then she looked towards the remnants of the Yakuza building, and stood up. With a single flap of her 6 wings her feet were off the ground and she was in the air, heading towards the building. She headed into the lobby, looking around for Quin's jacket, and once she spotted it, she plucked it up, letting the shreds of debris fall off of it. She listened for a moment, then stepped outside clutching his jacket by the collar. Once again she flapped those wings and took off back towards where Quin was laying.</i>
The flashbacks left him in a puddle of sweat.. crumpled on the landing. He no longer knew what time it was .. and had lost track of the going ons of his surroundings ((This is all around teh time of Thompson mocking the shapshifter.. to the present)) He struggled and finally with the aid of the banister, made it to his feet. Flexing and stretching he bound up more of the stairs...coming to the landing of the second floor.. he falters.. quick thinks.. and springs.. running along the wall for a few feet he lands and spins.. ******** great.. more bodies.. he thinks looking back. They seem to be piled there... Continuing he walks.. guns out... face stern.. ready to fight.... Be safe Kelwyn.. please... be safe

((Kelwyn can hear teh orange part. it is actually meant for her to ehar))
(( Whoohoo- Page 500!!
I have not left or anything-- I'm just waiting for a suitable situation for me to jump into the story, since I missed the first few pages of the current campaign. ))
Shin Kitaro
(( Whoohoo- Page 500!!
I have not left or anything-- I'm just waiting for a suitable situation for me to jump into the story, since I missed the first few pages of the current campaign. ))

(( ooc: xd Wickedly sweet, ain't it? 3nodding ))
Techpriest Enginseer's avatar

Business Tycoon

*laughs to himself as Thompson keeps taunting*

You are pathetic arent you? Taunting, when you could be killing me....no matter then.

*rolls back his right yukata sleeve and pulls out a small green rock that is clear. Takes it and rubs it up and down the blade of his sword, making it a glowing green*

So Thompson, mind if I call you d**k? Good. So d**k, shall we dance?

*sword starts to glow to the point where it looks like a green light stick (Ya know, the ones you snap and they glow.) and stands ready to fight.*

My death will be an honorable one....
Minn stared at Steele, wondering what that umbrella type shield he drew out was. Maybe it was best that he pushed her out of the way though she heavily regreted the burns he received. They had to defeat Thompson before more got hurt..already so many. How many must get hurt or die before this was over? She turned her stormy gaze on Doji, wondering if he too would have to die from this and to her surprise, she moved to stand beside him. If this man had the courage to stand against Thompson, then she would as well. It might be only be foolishry for her to join, considering that she just learned about her fire ability. No matter..Quin was down there bleeding, she wasn't going to stand around doing nothing. Right before Steele pushed her out of the way, she could've sworn she heard his voice..the words were too fuzzy to make out, however. She forced her back rigid, attempting to keep her legs from collapsing. Using so much magic was draining her, but she would use every last bit of it if Thompson was on the receiving end.
Techpriest Enginseer's avatar

Business Tycoon

Minn
Minn stared at Steele, wondering what that umbrella type shield he drew out was. Maybe it was best that he pushed her out of the way though she heavily regreted the burns he received. They had to defeat Thompson before more got hurt..already so many. How many must get hurt or die before this was over? She turned her stormy gaze on Doji, wondering if he too would have to die from this and to her surprise, she moved to stand beside him. If this man had the courage to stand against Thompson, then she would as well. It might be only be foolishry for her to join, considering that she just learned about her fire ability. No matter..Quin was down there bleeding, she wasn't going to stand around doing nothing. Right before Steele pushed her out of the way, she could've sworn she heard his voice..the words were too fuzzy to make out, however. She forced her back rigid, attempting to keep her legs from collapsing. Using so much magic was draining her, but she would use every last bit of it if Thompson was on the receiving end.


Looks over at Minn I see you are willing to stand against him as well. We should put up quite the challenge to this pest. Looks at Thompson This pest, ha! Ive seen bigger oni in ther Shadowlands! Looks back at Minn Ready to give it a whirl???
She forced a reassuring smile that wavered on being a grimace. The magic from before really did take it out of her. "Yes, I'm ready to give it a whirl..there must be a weakness on him, if we could just find it." Serene calm was in her voice despite the severe worry that made her tremble inside. Would Quin be okay? No no..she must focus. "I'm ready when you are." Taking a deep breath she began to concentrate energy into her hands, all of her energy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games