Welcome to Gaia! ::

Original Gaian

12,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
<centeR>The GAIA Times
August 03, 2004, issue 2, volume 25
_______________________________________________________________________________________
</centeR>

scream GAIA ONLINE HEADLINES/RP TIMES//

- CURRENT PROBLEMS

[color=violet]Jakobo
Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:03 pm
Read Me FIRST

UNRESOLVED - New Issue, or no resolution has been found
PENDING - Item is being worked on
WORKAROUND - Gaia Users have found a way around the problem
RESOLVED - This problem should be resolved
OBSOLETE - Old Problems, Archived for Sanity

PMing an Online Mod
Purple - Move a Thread, Abuse, Sig Violations, Art Theft, Pg-13 Violations, and more.
Green - Hacking, Scamming ONLY
When in doubt, PM an online purple mod! You can find a list of online moderators at the forum index.

Site Wide Issues
Issues That Affect Every Aspect of Gaia
Sushi Critical Errors
Update: This issue is pretty high on the priority list. Hopefully over the next few days, the number of "Sushi errors" should be going down, hopefully to 0.

Sushi is the name of the Gaia database. Recently, people have been seeing this error instead of the usual "phpbb Critical Error" and are wondering what it is. The errors are actually synonymous. The errors for "sushi" are the same errors as the phpbb Critical Errors, however, they are being generated by the new Gaia code that is more robust and has better error handling. When you get these errors, simply refresh and continue. There seems to be the most errors during Gaia Peak Hours.

"Please Refresh the Page." and Cookies
A recent code update (in an attempt to lessen the "sushi" errors) makes use of cookies in an attempt to reduce server stress until the problem is fixed completely. This error message, asking you to refresh your browser, occurs most frequently on the Gaia Main Index page, although it has also been seen elsewhere on the site. When you see this message, a simple refresh will give you the page you were looking for.

Registration Errors
When registering for a new account, it says "sorry, your session has timed out, please register again" Try again later, on a different computer, and be sure you try to register both ways. The front page has the flash set up to register new accounts. The original way of signing up can still be accessed; Click Here

Also, when registering, the name you want for your new account will instead be renamed on to your current account. Occasionally, it will make the new account with your desired name and write over your existing account. If that happens, please use the Feedback Form to contact the Administrators.

Not Gaining Gold
For the past two weeks, several users have reported they have just outright stopped gaining gold from posting and voting in polls. This problem seems to be affecting a small number of users and is 100% random. The problem is currently being worked on.

- The Gaia Times Planner

Donation letter article: cheap back then
The Next issues of the Gaia Times will have the following stories:
- The Gaia Exchange & The Market Place: fluctuating prices
- Interviews: (planned interviews with 3 people)

The 2 interviews will be conducted on 2 lucky Gaia users.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

scream GAIA ONLINE MUST READS//
Here are a list of links that all users should read daily!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

scream GUEST ARTICLES//
If you have a Gaia related article you wish everyone to read. Please send them my way with the subject heading Gaia Times Guest Articles. Please remember to keep everything you're about to share PG-13 related. All articles will be reviewed and if rejected I will private message you.

- ~ Important Info Regarding Gaia Glitches and How to Get By With Them ~!
By: Elayia

Elayia
I have a little information that might be useful to Gaians experiencing glitches with the system. Right now, I just have a couple of tips that have proved to be extremely useful when it comes to posting on topics.

First off, sometimes while trying to reply to a topic, Gaia glitches and the posts are "ignored", if I may. They aren't even put up or acknowledged. Also, there are some incidences where one has just posted a few seconds ago and their post is not accepted because they can't post so soon after their last. So, with this in mind, I found a way to store your posts so that if one of these errors, be it of yours or Gaia's, happens it can easily be managed. Before clicking submit, highlight your entire message quickly by holding down the Ctrl key and A key. Then, right-click on your mouse in the highlighted area and a bar will appear. Click Copy. Your message is now on a clipboard, and if an error occurs, you can just click Back on your browser, right-click inside the text box on the posting screen, and click Paste. Your message will reappear and you can click submit. If errors continue to happen, don't worry. Your message is still on the clipboard, just be sure not to copy anything else until you have your message in a safe place, such as pasted on Notepad. This technique works for both topic postings and private messages.

My second tip has to do with seeing messages. As of late, Gaia has been glitching and posts, even though they have been accepted and are posted, are not showing up. There is a simple answer to this that I think is very important, especially when the glitch happens right in the middle of a conversation with another Gaian. On the Post Reply screen, you can view messages posted on the Topic Review, on the bottom of the screen below the text box. Most of the time, messages can be viewed here, unless the glitch affects the entire topic, in which case you'll just have to wait until the glitch is fixed. The Topic Review is also helpful when you're on a busy topic and more than one person happens to be talking to you. The Topic Review can be refreshed alone, as well, so if you're typing a long message you can refresh the Topic Review and not worry about your post disappearing. Unfortunatley, this tip doesn't work with private messages.

I hope this information helps with the glitches, so that lags with Gaia don't affect the fun time of the Gaians as much. I'll keep you posted on any new info I might come up with.

~ Elayia

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

scream COMMUNITY EVENTS//

Below are events the will happen in the Month of July 2004. Enjoy them!

No Community Events...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

scream *HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO...//
For the month of June 2004, if you have anyone to wish a Happy Birthday to.
Please PM me with the subject line Gaia Times B-Day.
    none at the moment...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

scream *ABSENT AROUND GAIA//

Are you going to be absent from Gaia Online? Want people to know where you're going or when you're leaving?
Please let me know via private messaging.

The following people won't be on Gaia for a couple of weeks or less:

Arwen - On & Off
    Alpha - Busy ^_^ off
    Kichigai M. - Off
    Saga - On & Off!
    Kanya West - On & Off due to real life issues
    Sk8erAngel - Off
    Cryostix - Gone for 7 weeks @_@ back in September
    PanChan - Gone from July 26-August 5
    ~+0Vash0+~ - On & Off

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

scream ARWEN REPORTS//

- domokun The Admins Posts

Lanzer's Signature

- Upcoming features
Gaia Guild System

VO's Signature

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[b]Lanzer
Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:39 pm
Finally was able to find the problem with the avatar saving problem and fixed it today. Sorry for the long delay. Working on avatar deletion right now and that should be resolved very soon.

[b]Lanzer
Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:28 am
I'm at Otakon this weekend. For those who want Gaia postcards you can find me at the artist alley. I'll be around CP's table that has a big "Vuduberi" banner. whee I'll be dresses as my avatar. wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

scream ADVERTISEMENT//

- Help Tamoko XD

Tamoko
User Image

- Guild of the Female Samurai [NOW OPEN!]

- Black House [NOW OPEN!!!]

- Final Kingdom

The-Spunky-Albhed

- Gaian Marine Air Force

spawn1616
User Image

- The Fortress Zanzibar Mercenaries

Shoki Toryu
The Fortress Zanzibar Mercenaries are looking for a few good soldiers, Apply now.

]http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3051041

- Purple Stars

The-Spunky-Albhed
<center>User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.</center>

• When placing an advertisement with Gaia Online, please go
    to the Gaia Times Office Thread for information on the format that you must to follow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Have any thing to submit or announce? Please PM me so I don't miss
    out on any of the new openings or events.]

Not being heard? Having trouble recruiting? Then,
    PM me and tell the world!

This has been a production of The Gaia Times.
    A weekly/daily newspaper of GaiaOnline.com.
    Created by yours truly, Arwen.
    est. March 6, 2003
  • Original Gaian

12,900 Points
    • Forum Explorer 100
    • Market Browser 100
    • Forum Dabbler 200
    Gaia Times or Arwen is taking a break from the newspaper. Apologies to all that have submitted stuff to me.

Original Gaian

12,900 Points
    • Forum Explorer 100
    • Market Browser 100
    • Forum Dabbler 200
    <centeR>The GAIA Times
    August 10, 2004, issue 3, volume 25
    _______________________________________________________________________________________
    </centeR>

- ABOUT DONATION LETTERS

[color=orange]Ling
    Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 5:21 pm
    Hello everyone,

We apologize for the delay in delivering the Thank You letters. We've been having problems with the granting system for over a week now stemming from the recent database problems. gonk However, we are aware of the problem and Lanzer is in the process of creating a re-granting script to correct the error.

We'll make an announcement when it's run and afterward, if you still haven't received your letters, please send in a feedback form.

- CURRENT PROBLEMS

[color=violet]Jakobo
    Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:03 pm

Read Me FIRST

UNRESOLVED - New Issue, or no resolution has been found
    PENDING - Item is being worked on
    WORKAROUND - Gaia Users have found a way around the problem
    RESOLVED - This problem should be resolved
    OBSOLETE - Old Problems, Archived for Sanity

PMing an Online Mod
    Purple - Move a Thread, Abuse, Sig Violations, Art Theft, Pg-13 Violations, and more.
    Green - Hacking, Scamming ONLY
    When in doubt, PM an online purple mod! You can find a list of online moderators at the forum index.

Site Wide Issues
    White Pages
    Sometimes a page loads entirely white. Either click refresh or switch the server.

Friendslist
    Is not working at all. Please try again later.

Donating is not working
    Page refreshes when trying to donate. Also many donations are taking a long time to process. Please be patitent.

Some people are unable to delete PM's
    It will direct you to the forums instead of deleting the messages.

Unable to edit posts in Guilds
    When trying to edit your post in guilds, it does not work. Possibly lag.

Registration Errors
    When registering for a new account, it says "sorry, your session has timed out, please register again" Try again later, on a different computer, and be sure you try to register both ways. The front page has the flash set up to register new accounts. The original way of signing up can still be accessed; Click Here

Also, when registering, the name you want for your new account will instead be renamed on to your current account. Occasionally, it will make the new account with your desired name and write over your existing account. If that happens, please use the Feedback Form to contact the Administrators.

Not Gaining Gold
    For the past two weeks, several users have reported they have just outright stopped gaining gold from posting and voting in polls. This problem seems to be affecting a small number of users and is 100% random. The problem is currently being worked on.

Sushi Critical Errors
    Update: The problem causing the massive # of sushi errors has been fixed. It is unknown if the current errors (though less infrequent) are related to this. It may very well be high database load, and nothing more.

Sushi is the name of the Gaia database. Recently, people have been seeing this error instead of the usual "phpbb Critical Error" and are wondering what it is. The errors are actually synonymous. The errors for "sushi" are the same errors as the phpbb Critical Errors, however, they are being generated by the new Gaia code that is more robust and has better error handling. When you get these errors, simply refresh and continue. There seems to be the most errors during Gaia Peak Hours.

Unable to Get Past ToS Screen
    Some users are currently in an endless loop on the Terms of Service Screen. Even after agreeing to the ToS, and accepting, they are still sent to the ToS page on redirect. If you are indeed one of these users, please PM darknrgy or Jakobo (if you feel better PMing a mod). Set your subject to "Unable to Log in Past ToS" so that your PM doesn't get lost in the inbox. (Also, please...only send 1 PM... sweatdrop )

"Please Refresh the Page." and Cookies
    Update: Does not seem to be occuring anymore (Aug 05). Please PM Jakobo or Dri if it does again so this can be modified.

A recent code update (in an attempt to lessen the "sushi" errors) makes use of cookies in an attempt to reduce server stress until the problem is fixed completely. This error message, asking you to refresh your browser, occurs most frequently on the Gaia Main Index page, although it has also been seen elsewhere on the site. When you see this message, a simple refresh will give you the page you were looking for.

Advertising On Gaia
    When using Gaia, you may notice a 468x60 banner appearing now while you are waiting for your post to load. While this isn't a site "issue" it is getting enough attention to be worth mentioning here. These ads are sponosred by Doubleclick and Tribalforce. Both sites request that a cookie be placed on your machine, and both ad services provide a compact privacy policy stating they do not collect any personally identifiable information. If you wish, in Internet Explorer, you may disable these cookies by viewing your Privacy Report (View->Privacy Report) and block the cookies in question. Do not block the Gaia Online cookies, as that will only cause you problems.

Please stop creating new threads about the advertisements, and direct users here to this sticky. Repeat ad threads will be recycled.

[color=white]seperator

Forum Issues
    Thread Issues, Posting Issues, Voting Issues
    Archived Thread
    Currently, a thread that has been eaten by the archiver is simply archived. It cannot be edited, moved, deleted, etc. At this time, there is nothing anyone can do.

Debug Message when Viewing Threads
    When viewing a thread, you may get the following error:
    Quote:
    Could not obtain userlist information.

DEBUG MODE

SELECT u.username, u.user_id, u.user_posts, u.user_from,
    u.user_website, u.user_email, u.user_vend, u.user_icq, u.user_aim, u.user_yim, u.user_regdate, u.user_msnm, u.user_viewemail, u.user_rank, u.user_sig, u.user_banned, u.user_sig_bbcode_uid, u.user_avatar, u.user_session_time, u.user_allow_viewonline, u.user_allowsmile FROM bb_users u WHERE user_id in (86112,6809,86112,86112,6809,199836,6809,86112,93100,
    86112,21884,86112,93100,271210,86112)

Line : 830
    File : /home/admin/public_html/forum/viewtopic.php

These threads do not have their data lost, but they simply cannot be accessed at this time.

Unable to Edit First Post
    Update: This should not be affecting any newly created threads. Older threads are still in the process of being resolved.

In a thread spanning multiple pages, the owner of the first post is unable to edit their topic title. This results in the inability to change to poll, along with other problems. There is no ETA on resolution of this item.

Thread Gone Missing Completely!
    If your thread has completely poofed off the face of Gaia, please PM an online moderator with:
    - thread title
    - link to thread

[color=white]seperator

Inventory / Item / Event Issues
    Events Not Working
    Clicking on the actual event does not seem to be working. Just right click on the "If you can't find your event, click here" link and copy the url. Save it somewhere so you can get to it again.

DAO_gala_win_latest
    This should now be fixed. Give yourselves a pat on the back and +1 pointless points if you thought "gala_win_latest" looked a bit funny and another +2 if you ever wondered if it should be gaia_win_latest. Everyone wins though, as there should be no more phantom events (let us hope) and no more misreported rares with that message. If you do get the error still, send a message to Jakobo.

Looks like Pink Links other events too, possibly are not showing up! Read this thread to see how to claim it!

Donation Items, Lost / Missing Items
    July Letter Not Giving Item
    Update: If you were affected by this and have filled out a feedback form, thanks. This shouldn't be affecting anyone anymore.

If you are about to open your July Letter, STOP. Something has been acting funny with the donation items. When you open your letter and select an item (currently all reports have been for the Ninja Headband), you are returned to your inventory and the item is gone.

If you lost your donation item this way, please fill out a Feedback Form and include: user name, how you got your July letter (Marketplace, Trade, or Donation), and when you opened said letter. This information is important in helping the Administrators track down your letter. Once again, until this is fully figured out, I would keep your sealed items happily sealed.

It is unknown at this time if this issue affects the kitsune mask or other letters. Additionally, this seems to be affecting a select group of users, as some users have reported no problems opening their letters.

[color=white]seperator

Character Creation, Red X's, Equipping Problems
    Unable to equip anything
    Clicking on items does nothing.

Only Able to Equip One Item
    Users are finding that if they equip one item, their other item unequips! People have reported success in just waiting it out, as well as Unequipping all items and then attempting to reequip. The issue is still being looked into.

Red X (Avatar MIA)
    Avatar Server seems to be down. Everyone is a red X. Please be patient. No additional info is available at this time.

Unequipping All Items (via the "Unequip All" button), Saving Changes, and then Reequipping will solve your Red X woes. The avatar system should be functioning like it is supposed to.

[color=white]seperator

Exchange Issues
    Marketplace (vending), Bank (Trades), Stores (Buying)
    Unable to use the stores
    Fixed! Able to enter stores now, though preview and buy are still not quite working.

Invalid Store Number is the error message it will show.

Unable to use Marketplace
    message[color=white]
    There were one or more errors while processing your request
    The item you wish to bid on is invalid.
    You must select an item from the Vending list.
    The Item you requested is no longer available or the user you are trying to buy from has had his/her trade account revoked

Don't panic! That message most likely is untrue. Please wait until later and try again.

Unable to purchase a trading or vending pass
    There is no fix for this at the time.

Marketplace Transactions
    Some users have reported having problems completing transactions in the marketplace. Please, if you are selling an item, be sure you check your active bids and confirm any final bids for expired auctions. This also relates to the bug where after an auction expires, you do not get your item back. For some reason, it would hang up in the final steps and requires the user to finish it.

Marketplace: Transaction Lock
    The marketplace's "Transaction Lock" error shouldn't be occurring anymore. (Or if it is, wait a bit and it will resolve itself) smile

[color=white]seperator

Art Arena / Link List Issues
    Art Arena and Linklist Specific Problems
    Linklist is DOWN
    There is no ETA on resolution of the linklist being down. Comments cannot be posted to the linklist at this time.
    http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3228735

Art Arena Approvals
    Art Arena Approvals are down. During this time, no new art is able to get into the Gaia Art Arena. The Admins know of the problem and are working on it.

Submitting Art
    The Post your Art page is loading blank.

[color=green]Dri
    Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:19 pm
    webadmin@anihq.com
    Dear GaiaUser,
    We want you to point on the new Beta that just have been released.
    Currently we're in the beta test phase.
    If you got questions and or suggestions about this email or the Beta version please send an email to feedback@anihq.com
    Yours Lanzer,

The url:

That is not Lanzer, that is not Gaia. When Gaia goes to beta it will be a site wide thing and there will be something posted in the Announcement forum or somewhere here ON Gaia, not sent to you in an e-mail.

Gaia staff will not contact you over messengers (AIM, MSN, YIM, ICQ or IRC) about becomming staff.

Reminder: NEVER give your password to anyone!!!

REAL Gaia Staff will never ask for your password. They don't need it for ANY reason.

If someone claims to be a moderator, you can check! At the top of every forum there are the lists of both
    General Moderators and Dedicated Moderators

Gaia Moderators
    Gaia Staff Members

Hacking
    Hacking is when you go into someone elses account and take their gold or items.

90% of hackings are not truly a hacking, but a friend using another friend's account to do things without permission.

If a friend does this to you, your friend will not be unbanned.

Gaia e-mail address is gaia@anihq.com
    People have created e-mail accounts with other sites, pretending to be Gaia staff. Examples of fake e-mails:

gaia_staff@yahoo.com
    gaia_staff@hotmail.com
    gaia_staff@artlover.com
    admin@yahoo.com
    admin@hotmail.com

If you recieve an e-mail from an address other than gaia@anihq.com, report it immedately to any Online Moderator!

The Gaia Worst-Case Scenario Handbook (Scams/Hacks/Bans)
    Hackings & Recieving Emails from Gaia Staff-FRAUD-UPDATE

Dri
    Holy crap, that's some update gonk

Site Wide Issues
    White Pages
    Sometimes a page loads entirely white. Either click refresh or switch the server.

Friendslist
    Is not working at all. Please try again later.

Donating is not working
    Page refreshes when trying to donate. Also many donations are taking a long time to process. Please be patitent.

Some people are unable to delete PM's
    It will direct you to the forums instead of deleting the messages.

Unable to edit posts in Guilds
    When trying to edit your post in guilds, it does not work. Possibly lag.

[color=white]seperator

Inventory / Item / Event Issues
    Events Not Working
    Clicking on the actual event does not seem to be working. Just right click on the "If you can't find your event, click here" link and copy the url. Save it somewhere so you can get to it again.

[color=white]seperator

Character Creation, Red X's, Equipping Problems
    Unable to equip anything
    Clicking on items does nothing.

[color=white]seperator

Exchange Issues
    Marketplace (vending), Bank (Trades), Stores (Buying)
    Unable to use the stores
    Only the Barton Botique is letting people in, but even then it is impossible to purchase any items.
    Invalid Store Number is the error message it will show.

Unable to use Marketplace
    message[color=white]
    There were one or more errors while processing your request
    The item you wish to bid on is invalid.
    You must select an item from the Vending list.
    The Item you requested is no longer available or the user you are trying to buy from has had his/her trade account revoked

Don't panic! That message most likely is untrue. Please wait until later and try again.

Unable to purchase a trading or vending pass
    There is no fix for this at the time.

- The Gaia Times Planner

- Donation letter article: cheap back then

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

scream GUEST ARTICLES//
    If you have a Gaia related article you wish everyone to read. Please send them my way with the subject heading Gaia Times Guest Articles. Please remember to keep everything you're about to share PG-13 related. All articles will be reviewed and if rejected I will private message you.

NONE at the Moment...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No Community Events...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the month of June 2004, if you have anyone to wish a Happy Birthday to.
      Bara Noir (august cool - Happy Birthday! from: Nae
      xdarkhorizonx (august 7) - Happy Birthday! from: Seigyoku
      Houshou (august 1 cool - Happy Birthday! from: Shari_Maki

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Are you going to be absent from Gaia Online? Want people to know where you're going or when you're leaving?

Arwen - On & Off
      Alpha - Busy ^_^ off
      Kichigai M. - Off
      Saga - On & Off!
      Sk8erAngel - Off
      ~+0Vash0+~ - On & Off

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

scream ARWEN REPORTS//

Lanzer's Signature

- Upcoming features
    Gaia Guild System

VO's Signature

[b]Lanzer
    Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:37 am
    As the database bug had been resolved by 72squared, we are now focsing efforts in getting rid of the bugs that were here since the rollback and the launch of the new database system.

Darknrgy is focusing on the forum related problems while I'm resurrecting the Art Arena and applying a new art approval system where senior members of Gaia can help approve newly submitted art. Most of the bugs and the Art Arena features will be done by tomorrow, then more forum related features will be added right afterwards. We have some really interesting features lined up for everyone. Stay tuned! whee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

scream ADVERTISEMENT//

- Coming to Otakon 2005

Tamoko
    User Image

Coming to Otakon 2005? Come visit the Offical Otakon 2005 Gaia Thread to announce yourself! Plus!

-First Hand Information
    -Information of all Gaians Cosplaying/haveing Artist Booth
    -Lots of tips from hotels to being at the con itself!

Come and join us!

- Inu Yasha For The Advanced Demon

The-Spunky-Albhed

Join Inu Yasha for the Advanced Demon, you won't regret it!
    Were Looking For Cannons, Originals, anyone who's willing to join and have a good time!! Some come join us!
    ....I give free ramen! XD Just kidding.

- LIMBECK IS RAD~now hiring!~

- Gaian Marine Air Force

spawn1616
    User Image

to the Gaia Times Office Thread for information on the format that you must to follow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

est. March 6, 2003
  • Original Gaian

12,900 Points
    • Forum Explorer 100
    • Market Browser 100
    • Forum Dabbler 200
    <centeR>The GAIA Times
    August 12, 2004, issue 4, volume 25
    </centeR>

- System Downtime on Thursday Night, August 12th

[color=orange]Lanzer
    Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:47 am
    To improve the speed for Gaia Online, we need to add a couple of servers every month to keep up with the demand for traffic. This Thursday Gaia will be moving to a bigger Internet Service Provider so we can have have more servers online. whee

On August 12th from 10PM, PST to 3AM, Gaia will be down as we move all the servers to the new provider.

After the move, we will be able to install even more servers and handle more users during the busiest hours. wink

Meanwhile, database enhancements are still being worked on. Once we're done with that the site will be even faster. Stay tuned! blaugh

- The Gaia Times Planner

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

scream GUEST ARTICLES//

- THREE STEPS TO MAKING YOUR CLUB A SUCCESS
    (gathered through experience and the thoughts of my DJ at my club)
    By: Elayia

Elayia
    Number One: Bumps are bad. It doesn't make your club any better, and if pages are built using bumps people who come will feel like it's just another thing to be removed and put in the Chatterbox and will let the thread die.

Number Two: You should stay on as long/often as you can when your business has first started until you get some really active customers and employees who will be there when you are not. When you can't be at your club, you should post a message on the first post when and why, or make sure to tell one of your frequent employees, preferably the one you trust to take care of the club, so that they can relay to your other employees/customers (or just PM your employees about it). That gives you a professional look.

Number Three: When your club is doing well, be happy and be yourself, and don't act like you're paranoid about getting workers or customers. If you do, people will think you're begging them to come.

Don't know if this helps any, but just thought I might put my two cents in again. sweatdrop It helps me, if you need any proof.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No Community Events...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the month of August 2004, if you have anyone to wish a Happy Birthday to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arwen - On & Off
      Alpha - Busy ^_^ off
      Kichigai M. - Off
      Saga - On & Off!
      Sk8erAngel - Off
      ~+0Vash0+~ - On & Off

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

scream ARWEN REPORTS//

Lanzer's Signature

Upcoming features:
    Gaia Fishing
    Gaia Journal
    Gaia Avatar system V2.0

VO's Signature

[color=orange]Lanzer
    Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:58 pm
    Just finished work on some database enhancements. Hope things will run faster for everyone in general. 3nodding Still a ton of work ahead for really offloading the database.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

scream ADVERTISEMENT//

- Coming to Otakon 2005

Tamoko
    User Image

Coming to Otakon 2005? Come visit the Offical Otakon 2005 Gaia Thread to announce yourself! Plus!

-First Hand Information
    -Information of all Gaians Cosplaying/haveing Artist Booth
    -Lots of tips from hotels to being at the con itself!

Come and join us!

- Lotus' Love Nest/Bar

Lia Alexandrios
    User Image

- Demonic bar

Chronos HaDes

- The United Anime Lovers Guild

Lewkeiyu Taikiru
    http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/guilds/index.php?page_mode=4&guild_id=788

Have you ever wanted to play your favorite character in an anime? Well, your dreams are closer than you could ever imagine! The United Anime Lovers Guild is a great place to hang out in the Gaia Guild Network! We offer opportunities to play your favorite manga characters and we even hold contests! Right now, the guild holds 22 members and we could use more! So if your interested, click on the link below and come join us at The United Anime Lovers Guild! Acceotance is only 50g and you will be treated with courtesy and respect! So don't daelay! Join The United Anime Lovers Guild today!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

est. March 6, 2003
  • Original Gaian

12,900 Points
    • Forum Explorer 100
    • Market Browser 100
    • Forum Dabbler 200
    <centeR>The GAIA Times
    August 16, 2004, issue 5, volume 25
    </centeR>

- Server Migration Complete

[color=green]kaia9
    Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:08 pm
    as you can see by the site being online, the migration to the new intrernet service provider (isp) went through successfully. the move was completed by the entire gaia staff, between the hours of 10pm august 12th, and 11am today.

all servers apprear to have survived the move, with the execption of the avatar server, which is operational, but not currently delivering the avatar images. this is being worked on, and will be resolved as soon as possible.

for the time being, the inventory page is not operational due to the problems with the avatar server. please do not attempt make changes to your avatar, and please do not post repeat threads in questions & feedback concerning the lack of avatar images throughout the site. check this announcement for updates concerning the issue.

sushi errors:
    the only other major errors that are currently outstanding are some stray 'sushi errors' in the art arena, and trades and vend. for the moment, please do not attempt to use these parts of the site.

on a positive note, the move to the new isp provides a much stronger internet connection, better connections to the database servers from the webservers, better power, and most importantly... room to grow.

thank you to everyone for their patience during this transition.

- The Gaia Times Planner

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

scream ARTICLES//

- Adult-Only Forums
    By: Arwen - Gaia Times

(Everything you're about to read is the opinion of myself and people who have agreed with me. All the names from people who have agreed with this, will be kept Annonymous. Thank you!)

Frequently, I have heard many pleas for an Adult Only Forum. People who enjoy such things like Cybering, Sex, Images of Porn and so forth wish to have a forum for such things. I myself am a strong advocate against it. The reason for that is; Is an Adult Only Forum needed at all?

As you all know Gaia Online is a PG-13 forum. Most of the user(s) registering with Gaia Online now are under the age of 14. From my experience as a Moderator I have indeed came across many cybering and porn related threads. Now this may not come as a shock but, half of these threads are created by people under the age of 14 or maybe? You can't really tell what a person's age is until you actually see a photograph of the person behind the Avatar. I once met a 12 year old who told me his/her birthday was in the month of January. But now I see him/her and the Birthday no longer says 1990. Instead, it says 1978? How in the world? Well this person still types like a 12 year old.

-----------------------
    Back to the article.
    -----------------------

Here are only a few opinions that I have decided to use:

-----------------------
    Reason why this Article is written:
    -----------------------

Quote:
    I too must admit I object to some of the rules set forth regarding profanity and sexuality. For this reason and for the sake of all those people who enjoy participating in the slave RPs containing beatings and torture, I suggest that there be put in place a "Adult-Only" forum which would be the only place where such things as sexually explicit, violent and other provocative and potentially offensive posting would be allowed. I believe that this way those of us who enjoy roleplaying about sex, discrimination and violence can do so without others having to get involved.

-----------------------
    Not in favor of an Adult-Only Forum:
    -----------------------

Quote:
    To put it simply? NO.

This is Gaia Online, not "design your own forum" and while much of the site is user directed and maintained, and I like it as such, when the admins set out to develop Gaia, they had a purpose in mind.

As far as I understood it, this purpose originally included the phrase "No sexually explicit posts." This forum system has happily lived for over a year without needing an area for the sex crazed users. I believe, quite firmly, that if they want an area for their sexual play, then they brave the vast void that is the internet, and find themselves another forum, without any connection to Gaia, where they can indulge in their adult fantasies.

This is an anime and roleplaying site that has so far been mostly lighthearted and a refuge for people of all ages. To create a seedier area, in my opinion, would create too much risk for people to psycologically prey upon other users - regardless of age. I personally do not like the idea, and I repeat myself this way to all users who complain that they aren't allowed to "get any" on Gaia.

Quote:
    People are just too lazy to realize that there are probably a dozen other forums out there that DO allow adult content - some made just for that purpose, infact.

This isn't one of them, and they need to realize that~

Quote:
    There is no way short of flying out and checking ourselfs to prove if a users is or is not above 18 years of age...

Quote:
    having an adult specific forum will lead to tons of problems.

first of all it has been established since the beginning that gaia is a pg-13 site ... any form of porn or adult content should be avoided.

then if this is established even with the verification of age ... kids are still able to cheat their way through and we won't want parents pounding down our doors complaining about gaia exposing their kids to adult stuff.

Quote:
    The simple fact that at this very moment my eleven year-old sister is upstairs on the other computer using Gaia with many of her eleven year-old friends should say enough about my opinion on an adult only forum.

There's just no way to keep the Younger users out of it.

Quote:
    I don't give a rip about a jiggly glow-stick, but I really don't see the point of having an adult section. The people here are lucky enough to talk about adult issues, whereas another site I go to doesn't even allow political discussion.

Quote:
    And now to say everything that everyone else said already!
    If this type of forum would be created how would anyone be able to Moderate who is of appropriate age or not? Everyone ((in a general sence)) lies about their age at one point or another. That and when you sign up for Gaia all you have to do if you are 12 is just hit the 'I am 13 years or older' button. I am not going to go to every Gaians home and make sure they are old enough.

Also, Gaia is not "for your pleasure". It has a certain purpose. Why yes, the link list has a sex-tion for adult things but that is the link list and not the forums. There is a difference.

Quote:
    I love how people like to say they "almost didn't sign up for Gaia because..." Like they think we're paid marketing consultants who care if they leave.

Even better then that, don't these folks realise that Gaia is not the ONLY thing on the internet? They could get one of numerous FREE post boards, or join any one of probably thousands for forums that cater specifically to their...er...'sex RP' wishes.
    And whatever happened to the good old days of cybersex over IM huh? Go have your nice PRIVATE text moment.

Now this is part 1 of 2 of the Adult-Only Forums controversy. Brought forth by user(s) who wants an Adult-Only area. There will be a rebutal of these opinions in a few days. Both for and against it. This article is giving several reasons why an Adult-Only forum is a bad idea. If you wish your opinion to be published in the Gaia Times, please send a response with the Subject heading: Gaia Times - Adult Only Forum rebutal.

Remember the format for a rebutal is as followed:
    Subject: Gaia Times - Adult Only Forum rebutal
    Post Body: Your response to one of the opinions.
    Username: I wish to be Annonymous/I wish to be known.

Thank you~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

scream GUEST ARTICLES//

None At The Moment...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No Community Events...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arwen - On & Off
      Alpha - Busy ^_^ off
      Kichigai M. - Off
      Saga - On & Off!
      Sk8erAngel - Off
      ~+0Vash0+~ - On & Off

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

scream ARWEN REPORTS//

Lanzer's Signature

Upcoming features:
    Gaia Fishing
    Gaia Journal
    Gaia Avatar system V2.0

VO's Signature

kaia9's Signature

current project: Gaia Journal | previous project: Gaia Friendslist
    note: i am *not* an active moderator. if you have problems, always PM an online moderator.

[color=orange]Lanzer
    Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:32 am
    It hard to be surprised that the planned migration would take longer than expected. After 12 hours all 40 servers are finally moved to the new provider. Though due to many configuration errors on things like the load balancer and other software here and there, we had to spend another 8 hours troubleshooting before all the servers started running smoothly. sweatdrop

Hard to keep myself awake... time for a rest before checking in again. Hope all the servers work fine from now on. whee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

scream ADVERTISEMENT//

- GIPA

waterdragoonmaiden

GIPA is a relitivly new guild of a sort made to help out gaia online with the pepole on line that dont see it fit to fallow thare rules.

pleas help us fix gaia.

- 'Chi's Pirate Saloon'

Chiwa
    User Image

- Crown of Thorns: The Christian Prayer Group of Gaia

Undead Master Roshi
    Click the Banner to learn more about our Guild
    We don't reach for handouts, We reach for those who are down.†

- Pet Shop:Tokki Pet Super Mall

lil_stainai_girl3
    User Image

Its new made it today
    Only sold one:To my friend.

- Yougnin Lodge and shop

youngin9876
    ***Now Hiring***

come and enjoy our bar, hotel and arcade and shop

you will get paid if you apply for a job

Link:

http://Gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3228171&highlight=

Or

search youngin9876 and find it

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

est. March 6, 2003
  • Original Gaian

12,900 Points
    • Forum Explorer 100
    • Market Browser 100
    • Forum Dabbler 200
    <centeR>The GAIA Times
    August 19, 2004, issue 6, volume 25
    </centeR>

- Growing Pains

[color=orange]Lanzer
    Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:24 pm
    For the past two days, Gaia has been experiencing problems with our network equipment due to the server migration. We sincerely apologize for the outages due to the equipment failures. We understand that it is fustrating to have service interruptions and bugs and we're doing all that we can to debug all the existing problems that were reported.

Please note that this past month's instability issues were not caused by the addition of new features. All of the problems were actually caused by the implementation or changes of a new Gaia network that will allow us to serve more users without a decrease in quality of service.

Though there were bugs during these system changes and migration, almost all the bugs and quirks had been worked out at this point. Without these changes, Gaia will not be able to grow, and the critical errors will only get worse. Now with the new system in place. Once the database has been optimized, site expansion will be smooth and connection errors will be kept to a minimum, if not, an issue of the past.

We thank you for your patience during all the changes and migration. As we get closer to the closing of the alpha testing phase, Gaia will be much more solid and bug free. The end of the alpha testing phase should come within the next two months, right before we introduce the battle system. Please stay tuned for more news and features to come. whee

- The Gaia Times Planner

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

scream ARTICLES//

- Adult-Only Forums - REBUTTALS
    By: Arwen - Gaia Times

ANNONYMOUS
    Having one will only show that you allow things of that nature to go on here at Gaia. Refusing to put one up shows you don’t allow it.

I would like to remain anonymous if used. 3nodding

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

scream GUEST ARTICLES//

None At The Moment...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No Community Events...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arwen - On & Off
      Alpha - Busy ^_^ off
      Kichigai M. - Off
      Saga - On & Off!
      ~+0Vash0+~ - On & Off

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

scream ARWEN REPORTS//

Lanzer's Signature

Upcoming features:
    Gaia Fishing
    Gaia Journal
    Gaia Avatar system V2.0

VO's Signature

kaia9's Signature

note: i am *not* an active moderator. if you have problems, always PM an online moderator.

None at the moment...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

scream ADVERTISEMENT//

- Ebil Muffins Guild and Yella Verita

yellasunni
    Ebil Muffins

This is the link for my business

-+-Yella Verita-+-

- † =Frenziedsoul's Assassination Services= †

FrenziedSoul
    User Image

- THE BASS PLAYERS GUILD OF GAIA

Kyrenx
    User Image

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

est. March 6, 2003
  • Original Gaian

12,900 Points
    • Forum Explorer 100
    • Market Browser 100
    • Forum Dabbler 200
    <centeR>The GAIA Times
    August 22, 2004, issue 7, volume 25
    </centeR>

- Items Update 8/20 ^__^

[color=orange]Ling
    Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:50 pm
    Hello everyone ^O^

We've added new clothes for this month to most of the stores.

Check them out and we hope you will enjoy them! whee

- The Gaia Times Planner

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

scream GUEST ARTICLES//

- Giveaways or takeaways? Think twice!
    The giveaways now and then
    By: Ninina

Ninina
    I am sure many Gaians remember the famous giveaways parties thrown by people such as m0nkeb0y. Many items were given away in an atmosphere of comradery and frankly... non-stop partying.

Recently, many people who have seen the generous response some Gaians have towards such initiative, have decided to jump in the bandwagon and start alleged "giveaways" themselves.

You can see these giveaways everywhere from the Exchange to the Chatterbox, but what you may not see is that sadly most of these threads, if not scams, are maliciously misleading.

Watch out!
    The first thing that should make you think twice is the fact that all of them ask for donations in one way or another, and this donations are not necessarily to be given away (there is no place in the threads were such donations are accounted for). The second warning is that they do not provide enough information about the alleged items or gold to be given away or whom have they been given to. The third thing is that many of these giveaways include the contradictory information that the thread creator is doing such giveaway to help him/herself on quest.

When you put it this clear, it may seem hard to believe that anyone should fall for this, but that is not the case. The information provided by such threads is in most cases stated in such a way that people cannot see the ulterior motives clearly.

The basics of an honest giveaway
    All giveaways threads should make clear:
    1) how many items are available to give away
    2) what specific items will be given away (regardless of the fact that they are giftwrapped)
    3) the criteria used for selecting "lucky" users
    4) a list of people who have been given items already.

This will help gaians make an informed decision as to whether they should keep posting on a giveaway thread or not.

A new word for the gaian vocabulary: fundraiser!
    It is important that questers stop having "giveaways" with the purpose of getting more funds towards their quests. (This is the truth behind the now famous phrase: "donations will increase your chances to receive a gift".) It is blatantly ridiculous.

If a questor wants to encourage donators to help his/her cause, and with this purpose in mind the questor organizes an event where random prizes might be given to donators, that is called FUNDRAISER, not giveaway.
    It makes no sense otherwise that someone questing and looking for donations is allegedly giving away wrapped items.

Mods: keep an eye on this people!
    It is just dishonest: a questor organizes a false giveaway and encourages people to donate in order to get "something mysteriously giftwrapped", and also encourages naive gaians to bump the thread non-stop in the hopes of getting a gift.
    Could it be more shameful? He or she is getting free bumpers to collect donations to his/her quest, without explicitly saying so. stressed

It is disrespectful that questors are having bumpers and donators, lured with the false promise of some giftwrapped gift.

The search for popularity
    Last but not least watch out for people who just want to create a "popular" thread. Yes, believe or not, many of these new giveaways with impressive titles are just looking for fame and recognition even though they do not deliver what they promise.
    In giveaway-threads, people are so excited that they just don't keep track of the facts and become gullible, posting non-stop at the mere chance of getting anything.

A final word
    False giveaways just contribute to make the generous gaians out there more skeptic about giving. Also, they rely heavily on the use of newbies that are just happy to think they might receive a gift from a stranger...
    If you come to think of it, gift from strangers will be less and less common in Gaia if we let this opportunists walk away with the last laugh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No Community Events...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arwen - On & Off
      Alpha - Busy ^_^ off
      Kichigai M. - Off
      Saga - On & Off!
      ~+0Vash0+~ - On & Off

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

scream ARWEN REPORTS//

Lanzer's Signature

Upcoming features:
    Gaia Fishing
    Gaia Journal
    Gaia Avatar system V2.0

VO's Signature

kaia9's Signature

None at the moment...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

scream ADVERTISEMENT//

- Snowy Forest Resort

Elayia

- The Shadow Grave Roleplaying Guild

Biowolf van Munster

- 1st Gaian Movie Theater

Water Omen
    Feel like seeing a movie? Then check out the first Gaian Movie Theater! Still looking for projection workers, Snack stand, movie narrators and actors. Please stop by.

- ()The Blue Flame Resort()

Water Omen

Still looking for employess. We are the largest Resort here. Grand rooms. And even grander VIP. Come enjoy the Blue Flame Resort.Pm Water Omen

- The Golden Palace Chapel

Water Omen

We're still looking forUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Wedding planners, Marriage certificate designers, Photographers, Live Enterainment workers and much more. Please pm Water Omen for details.
    We also do Multicultural Weddings. For example: Indie, West Africa, you name it we do it.

- Gundam GUild Alliance

King_of_the_wind
    User Image

- T-DRAGONX's Job Employment Agency

TwilightDRAGONX
    I've seen many of our fellow Gaians search endlessly for money and a job. I understand how hard it is to make friends and find ways to speak out to others especially in a vast world like Gaia. Feeling shy and can't really find that special place to work or even make friends? Well, there is still hope...

I am TwilightDRAGONX. I'm here to help all Gaians, newbies and veterans, find the job of their dreams!

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3449515

-A Dragon is Searching for Seekers and Receptionists-

The new T-DRAGONX's Job Employment Agency needs friendly, patient, and determined people to help make good connections and service with our clients.

Apply within. No experience needed. Will also accept PMs.

]http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3449515

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

est. March 6, 2003
  • Original Gaian

12,900 Points
    • Forum Explorer 100
    • Market Browser 100
    • Forum Dabbler 200
    <centeR>The GAIA Times
    August 24, 2004, issue 8, volume 25
    </centeR>

- Regarding Banner ads on Gaia

[color=orange]Lanzer
    Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:14 pm
    Last week, Gaia Online finished its move to a new provider with a faster and better quality uplink. Just last week, we had added six more web and database servers for the new features as well as for the ability to handle more traffic.

At this moment, the cost for upkeeping the service and site development has increased signicifcantly. In order for us to be able to keep Gaia a free service for all users, it is now necessary for us to display banner ads to help offload the costs of maintaining and developing the site.

A while back, we introduced a number of banner ads for testing. After receiving extensive feedback from users, we made changes to the placement of these ads to be as unobtrusive as possible. We hope the result will please everyone and we will continue to listen to everyone's comments and suggestions.

Thanks for helping to keep Gaia a free service!

- The Gaia Times Planner

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

scream GUEST ARTICLES//

None at the moment...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No Community Events...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arwen - On & Off
      Alpha - Busy ^_^ off
      Kichigai M. - Off
      Saga - On & Off!
      ~+0Vash0+~ - On & Off

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

scream ARWEN REPORTS//

Lanzer's Signature

Upcoming features:
    Gaia Fishing
    Gaia Journal
    Gaia Avatar system V2.0

VO's Signature

kaia9's Signature

None at the moment...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

scream ADVERTISEMENT//

54+4n

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

est. March 6, 2003
  • Original Gaian

12,900 Points
    • Forum Explorer 100
    • Market Browser 100
    • Forum Dabbler 200
    <centeR>The GAIA Times
    August 25, 2004, issue 9, volume 25
    </centeR>

- August Donation Item Released!

[b]VO
    Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:00 pm
    Dear Users,

The August donation item has been released! This month, we celebrate the Olympics with a Grecian theme by presenting you with two options: A Golden Crown of Laurels and Winged Anklets.

User Image

We hope you enjoy these items and thanks for helping to keep GAIA Online a free service to all!

Take care and best wishes.

-VO

P.S. For those who don't know how to get this month's donation item, you can get one by donating here. donate

- The Gaia Times Planner

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

scream GUEST ARTICLES//

None at the moment...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No Community Events...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arwen - On & Off
      Alpha - Busy ^_^ off
      Kichigai M. - Off
      Saga - On & Off!
      ~+0Vash0+~ - On & Off

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

scream ARWEN REPORTS//

Lanzer's Signature

Upcoming features:
    Gaia Fishing
    Gaia Journal
    Gaia Avatar system V2.0

VO's Signature

kaia9's Signature

[color=orange]Lanzer
    Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:24 pm
    After getting the servers to work right it was then time to prepare all the new servers. We now have a total of 47 servers, with many specialized to offload the main database and speed up the overall service. As we continue ot roll out new features, my time is mostly focused on background tasks related to stability, bug fixes, and optimization.

Tomorrow we start working on the new gaia event! Hope to have it completed before Friday. whee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

scream ADVERTISEMENT//

- The Unnofficial NHL thread **Scores and News**

youngin9876

- Youngin Lodge

youngin9876

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

est. March 6, 2003
  • Original Gaian

12,900 Points
    • Forum Explorer 100
    • Market Browser 100
    • Forum Dabbler 200
    <centeR>The GAIA Times
    August 27, 2004, issue 10, volume 25
    </centeR>

- First GAIA Olympic Event Coming Soon...

*UPDATED*
    [color=orange]VO
    Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:47 am
    Dear Users,

**Update. The opening of Gambino's Mansion will be delayed until tomorrow due to problems with Gaia's servers today. We will announce the new time as soon as possible. **

On Friday, August 27th at 6:00pm PST, Gambino's Mansion will be open for all to enter to discuss the upcoming event.

We will be holding the first GAIA Olympic Event starting on Saturday, August 28th at 8:00am PST. This event will be sponsored by Gambino, himself and will last until Sunday, August 29th at 12:00pm PST.

Be sure to join in the fun, show your town spirit by cheering on your favorite NPC's, watch them compete, and get cool prizes in the process!

Hope you see you all there! 3nodding

[color=orange]VO
    Dear Users,

On Friday, August 27th at 6:00pm PST, Gambino's Mansion will be open for all to enter to discuss the upcoming event.

We will be holding the first GAIA Olympic Event starting on Saturday, August 28th at 8:00am PST. This event will be sponsored by Gambino, himself and will last until Sunday, August 29th at 12:00pm PST.

Be sure to join in the fun, show your town spirit by cheering on your favorite NPC's, watch them compete, and get cool prizes in the process!

- The Gaia Times Planner

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

scream GUEST ARTICLES//

None at the moment...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Below are events that will happen in the Month of July 2004 made by Users. Enjoy them!

No Community Events...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arwen - On & Off
      Alpha - Busy ^_^ off
      Kichigai M. - Off
      Saga - On & Off!
      ~+0Vash0+~ - On & Off

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

scream ARWEN REPORTS//

Lanzer's Signature

Upcoming features:
    Gaia Fishing
    Gaia Journal
    Gaia Avatar system V2.0

VO's Signature

kaia9's Signature

None at the moment....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

scream ADVERTISEMENT//

- Crown of Thorns: The Christian Prayer Group of Gaia

We don't reach for handouts, We reach for those who are down.†

- Gaian Controversy's (The Talk Show)

Enter_Logo_ Here______
    User Image

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

est. March 6, 2003
  • Original Gaian

12,900 Points
    • Forum Explorer 100
    • Market Browser 100
    • Forum Dabbler 200
    - Announcement Forum Update

[color=orange]VO
    Dear Users,

**Update. The opening of Gambino's Mansion will be delayed until tomorrow due to problems with Gaia's servers today. We will announce the new time as soon as possible. **

Original Gaian

12,900 Points
    • Forum Explorer 100
    • Market Browser 100
    • Forum Dabbler 200
    - Announcement Forum Update

- Hold Yer Horses, GAIA OLYMPICS ARE COMING

[color=orange]Gambino
    Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:37 pm
    Those LOUSY Admins... What do I pay them for?! BWAHAHAAAHAA
    Well, anyway, I got them working to the bone on MY LATEST EVENT... YES, the FIRST GAIA OLYMPIC RACE!

Stay tuned and I'll keep ya posted whilst I continue to flog Lanzer, VO, L0cke and darknrgy until they get the event rolling. scream

User Image

Original Gaian

12,900 Points
    • Forum Explorer 100
    • Market Browser 100
    • Forum Dabbler 200
    THE GAIA TIMES GOES ON HIATUS

The Gaia Times is taking a few days off.
    This is due to the First post is missing bug. I'm waiting for it to come back up. Well I'll just post the proper stuff that needs to be known to everyone. But this isn't an issue of the Gaia Times. @_@ Just a Notice.

- Happy Birthday to:
    Birthday Greetings for the last day of August 2004.

thisissad
      CONGRATS AND HAPPY B'DAY!!
      To: southern x (august 30) and midnite fortress (august 31) heart

- ADVERTISEMENT

SaiyAnthony
    User Image

Original Gaian

12,900 Points
    • Forum Explorer 100
    • Market Browser 100
    • Forum Dabbler 200
    <centeR>The GAIA Times
    September 03, 2004, issue 11, volume 25
    </centeR>

- Missing Item\Bank Error Report Thread

[b]Aerion
    Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:15 pm

In attempt to quell the thousand "OMFG THE BANK ATE MY SHIZZLE!!" threads and PM's, we've decided to collect all missing item\glitch reports in this thread.

If you have experianced an error with the bank, please post the following information which will be forwarded to the admins:

Quote:
    Username:
    Second party username (person you were trading with):
    Who started the trade:
    When did the trade take place (date\time):
    Was the trade one sided, or did both partys send items\gold:
    What items\how much gold is missing:

Currently we are not sure as to WHY the bank is eating trades, but we are working on a solution to the problem. You will be informed as soon as possible as to when things are error free again. 3nodding
    ]http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3589928

- THE GAIA TIMES OLYMPIC COVERAGE - DELAYED
    The thread in where I have did LIVE Olympic Coverage during the Event...is currently being archived...or is lost crying . But don't worry I have a good memory...Here are the results in case you weren't there: [ results ]

- GAIA FISHING PREVIEW
    <centeR>User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.</centeR>

[color=orange]VO
    Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:20 pm

Dear Users,

We've just uploaded a small preview for GAIA Fishing!

You can view it HERE.

We are currently very far into its development and hope to release it within the month. We'll keep you posted as we get closer to launching it.

Enjoy! 3nodding

- The Gaia Times Planner

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

scream GUEST ARTICLES//

- THREE MORE STEPS TO MAKING YOUR CLUB A SUCCESS
    -By Poetic License

Poetic License
    After I read "THREE STEPS TO MAKING YOUR CLUB A SUCCESS" in The GAIA Times, issue 4, volume 25 I started to think what would get me into a bar or club. This is my little list.

1. Your first post should be thought out. I never join a bar or guild if all it says is "all teh punks come heeere!!!!1!!!!RoxXErs!!11" (I have nothing against punks. It's just for an example) Not only does it scream a failed business, it just says you thought it up 3 seconds ago. I'm more drawn to the topics that have at least three paragraphs saying what the place is about, the area around it (if it happens to be an RP topic), and anything else that might be useful.

2. Use a new and exciting topic. No offense to anyone, but I have seen a lot of vampire/goth type bars and clubs. These are fine. But as I see it we don't need five million of them.

3. Your bar or club (or guild) is more likely to be a success if you have a co-owner before you start. Or at least one or two people who are interested. Just so your not alone.

Remember, these are all my opinions. I haven't taken any polls, or tests. Just IMO.

- Some Gaians are not going to be online this weekend --including myself.

Ketira
    Why?

Hurricane Frances! This large category 4 (as of this writing) storm is headed straight for the Space Coast of Florida. Even Kennedy Space Center (where the Space Shuttles are launched) is closing down Thursday & Friday to let its employees prepare for the storm.

If you want to see what Frances is doing, the best site is The Weather Channel's Tropical Update webpage. They get their information directly from NOAA - the National Oceanic & Atmospheric Association, which has been monitoring weather for decades.

I'll tell you this much: We Floridians aren't taking this lightly - not with memories of what hurricane Charley did a couple of weeks ago. Everyone is expecting the worst, and preparing for it.

So if you're looking for someone this weekend, and can't find them --see if they live in the Southeast corner of the US.....and pray (no matter what deity you ascribe to) that the damage isn't going to be too damaging.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Below are events that will happen in the Month of July 2004 made by Users. Enjoy them!

No Community Events...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the month of September 2004, if you have anyone to wish a Happy Birthday to.
      Maysa - (september 6) Happy birthday! from: Nae
      Maysa - (september 6) Happy birthday! from: Nokirin
      Nae - (september 13) Happy birthday! from: Nokirin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arwen - On & Off
      Alpha - Busy ^_^ off
      Kichigai M. - Off
      Saga - On & Off!
      ~+0Vash0+~ - On & Off

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

scream ARWEN REPORTS//

Lanzer's Signature

Upcoming features:
    Gaia Fishing
    Gaia Journal
    Gaia Avatar system V2.0

VO's Signature

kaia9's Signature

[b]Lanzer
    Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:02 am

The olympic event had added an instantaneous 830,000 posts to the forum, causing the hard drive to fill up. I had to delete a lot of old postings to create some space just to keep the site running.

As of right now I must archive as much posts as possible, and after those posts are archived I'll proceed to restoring the old posts I deleted. sweatdrop

It's a very timely process. Hope to have things done in two days.

[b]Lanzer
    Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:51 am

Fixed some major bugs with the archiving script and also optimized it. Now it should be able to archive faster than the number of posts made in the forums. Thank goodness. sweatdrop

Also spent a few hours finding out the bugs that were causing the archived topics to not show up under forum view. All the memorable topics are back.

Next is to fix the purning script. It's going to be another long day. eek

[color=orange]Lanzer
    Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:24 pm

All my efforts in purning and archiving messages seemed to be of little help for some strange reason, the database just kept running out of space. Today we change the whole hardware config around to get an extra amount of disk space which should be enough for us to be okay for another two months.

Within this timeline I must continue with my database backend projects and make the database work up to the point where we can expand without having to worry about disk space and performance constraints. eek

Dinner time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

scream ADVERTISEMENT//

- Liquor City - Bar and Grill

biggymacdaddy13
    Liquor City - Bar and Grill

It is a Bar and Grill for thoes who just want to sit relax and have a drink. We have a bar, restraunt, dance floor, and arcade, its for all sorts of people.

- Space Port Nine (RP on commerce)

Trugoy
    User Image

- Tru Artists (Requests and Commisions)

Trugoy
    User Image

- ~The Silver Fang Bar & Inn~

Anamchara
    User Image
    Feeling like coming to a cool hang-out and meet cool people? Visit us at The Silver Fang, it'll be worth your time 3nodding

- ~Phantasia: Enter the Realm~

Anamchara
    User Image
    My very own Roleplaying guild. Based on the .hack// series, this one I hope will be one of the most popular guilds of all blaugh .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

est. March 6, 2003
  • Original Gaian

12,900 Points
    • Forum Explorer 100
    • Market Browser 100
    • Forum Dabbler 200
    <centeR>The GAIA Times
    September 04, 2004, issue 12, volume 25
    </centeR>

- Regarding items lost due to trading

[color=orange]Lanzer
    Posted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:15 pm

Hello everyone:

There's been some unfortunate issues with trading and how items went missing after trades are completed or cancelled. For those who had encountered this problem, please reply to the thread below:

Report your problem here.

There's no need to include any details, just reply to the thread and let us know the time in which the items were lost and that's all we would need.

We'll try our best to revive any lost items. Thank you for your patience.

- The Gaia Times Planner

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

scream GUEST ARTICLES//

- THREE MORE STEPS TO MAKING YOUR CLUB A SUCCESS
    -By Poetic License

Poetic License
    After I read "THREE STEPS TO MAKING YOUR CLUB A SUCCESS" in The GAIA Times, issue 4, volume 25 I started to think what would get me into a bar or club. This is my little list.

1. Your first post should be thought out. I never join a bar or guild if all it says is "all teh punks come heeere!!!!1!!!!RoxXErs!!11" (I have nothing against punks. It's just for an example) Not only does it scream a failed business, it just says you thought it up 3 seconds ago. I'm more drawn to the topics that have at least three paragraphs saying what the place is about, the area around it (if it happens to be an RP topic), and anything else that might be useful.

2. Use a new and exciting topic. No offense to anyone, but I have seen a lot of vampire/goth type bars and clubs. These are fine. But as I see it we don't need five million of them.

3. Your bar or club (or guild) is more likely to be a success if you have a co-owner before you start. Or at least one or two people who are interested. Just so your not alone.

Remember, these are all my opinions. I haven't taken any polls, or tests. Just IMO.

- Some Gaians are not going to be online this weekend --including myself.

Ketira
    Why?

Hurricane Frances! This large category 4 (as of this writing) storm is headed straight for the Space Coast of Florida. Even Kennedy Space Center (where the Space Shuttles are launched) is closing down Thursday & Friday to let its employees prepare for the storm.

If you want to see what Frances is doing, the best site is The Weather Channel's Tropical Update webpage. They get their information directly from NOAA - the National Oceanic & Atmospheric Association, which has been monitoring weather for decades.

I'll tell you this much: We Floridians aren't taking this lightly - not with memories of what hurricane Charley did a couple of weeks ago. Everyone is expecting the worst, and preparing for it.

So if you're looking for someone this weekend, and can't find them --see if they live in the Southeast corner of the US.....and pray (no matter what deity you ascribe to) that the damage isn't going to be too damaging.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Below are events that will happen in the upcoming Months made by Users. Enjoy them!

- The Masquerade

K U R I

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the month of September 2004, if you have anyone to wish a Happy Birthday to.
      Maysa - (september 6) Happy birthday! from: Nae
      Maysa - (september 6) Happy birthday! from: Nokirin
      Nae - (september 13) Happy birthday! from: Nokirin
      Yuukino - (september 22) Happy birthday! from: Athan Alvein
      EnTaroArtanis - (september 21) Happy birthday! from: Seigyoku

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arwen - On & Off
      Alpha - Busy ^_^ off
      Saga - On & Off!
      ~+0Vash0+~ - On & Off

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

scream ARWEN REPORTS//

Lanzer's Signature

Upcoming features:
    Gaia Fishing
    Gaia Journal
    Gaia Avatar system V2.0

VO's Signature

kaia9's Signature

None at the Moment...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

scream ADVERTISEMENT//

- Liquor City - Bar and Grill

biggymacdaddy13
    Liquor City - Bar and Grill

It is a Bar and Grill for thoes who just want to sit relax and have a drink. We have a bar, restraunt, dance floor, and arcade, its for all sorts of people.

- The Elements Inn

Redd Zafferon
    User Image

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

est. March 6, 2003
  • Quick Reply

Submit
    Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas