Welcome to Gaia! ::

:ninja:

Says write! 1 100.0% [ 1532 ]
Total Votes:[ 1532 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 89 90 91 > >>

Kawaii Sage

In the case that this thread becomes stickied, all further announcements, FAQs, shiny banners, and everything else that I'd want to put here shall be found in the second post, since the first post of a thread cannot be edited without unstickying it.

Look, let another WriMo! Another way for you to stop shoving that poor story into the dark and dusty corners of your computer, pull it out, and write! Plus you get to suffer along with others. C'mon, doesn't it sound fun? It is!

When: June 1st-August 31st (That's three whole months!)

What: Some do 50K words, some do 150K words, some do something in the middle. The amount is up to you.

Who: You!

Where: Right here on gaia, and at home on your computer, or typewriter, or in your notebook, or with some writing method I haven't mentioned yet.

Why: To get that dang story written! No more excuses for you!

Come join the insanity.

AND NINJAS SAY WRITE! ninja

Tips, Tricks, and General Advice
Pace yourself. Figure out right away how many words you want to get to, and how many words per day you need to do to reach that goal. I recomend rounding up to the nearest 1K or .5K, so you can have dead days where you don't write, and still survive.

Plot out vaguely where you want your story to go, so if you get stuck in one part, you can skip it, write what comes after it, and go back later when you have more ideas.

Although 50K sounds like a lot, it's only the size of a small novel. Meaning? Don't go too insane with ways to add wordcount. Foucs on forwarding your plot, too. For NaNo '04, I was too foucused on word count, and so I ended with 50K, but I wasn't even half done with my planned out plot!

If you have anything to add, just post in the thread or PM me!

FAQs!
Jasper Riddle
HMMMMM.
Can this work be done on a preexisting document or does it have to be new?

Preferably, it should be new, but if you're going to use a preexisting work, do not count the words that are already there.

What does WriMo stand for?
Writer's Month, from NaNoWriMo, which was the shortened form of National Novelest Writers' Month.

Banners and other shinies!
By RA

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
[code:1]User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.[/code:1]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
[code:1]User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.[/code:1]
Oh lord, I was just thinking about this today.

I guess I'm sort of committing, since I have a committal phobia.
... *snort*

Funny, Claire. Fuuuuuu-neh.
HMMMMM.
Jasper Riddle
HMMMMM.

HEY LOOK IT'S A PERSON WHO WILL ACTUALLY GET THIS DONE
Jasper Riddle
HMMMMM.
New, unless you're completely re-writing something. Of course, the rules for this aren't as strict as the actual NaNoWriMo. ninja

Thus: if you're adding, you can't count what you've already got done.

Kawaii Sage

You can use the preexisting work as long as you don't count the preexisting words. That's what I'm doing. 3nodding
Everytime I start a Writing Schmo story, I write two paragraphs and then it dies. gonk
Laverne-Terres
Jasper Riddle
HMMMMM.

HEY LOOK IT'S A PERSON WHO WILL ACTUALLY GET THIS DONE
sweatdrop

New? Drat. I just finished me latest short story and I'm a little burnt out from that--just wanna chill with my current work.

EDIT: Okay, I knew I wouldn't count the preexisting words. Seems like cheating to me.
I hate it when people reply to my posts before I'm done editing them. wink

Kawaii Sage

This is actually a great excuse to go work on my latest story. (The story in which none of the characters have names yet. :Gonk: )
This may be the one chance for my story (and butt) to get off the ground.
Fuuuck, now I have to figure out which story I'm going to write! gonk

Amaranth
, which is brand-new and I was intending to draw a map for tonight (but that's not going to get done because I need to finish this chapter of Daydreamer); Terpsichore, which is fairly new; or the vampire one I've been sitting on for a few years now but I'm still not sure I want to start yet.
radioactive alchemist
Fuuuck, now I have to figure out which story I'm going to write! gonk

Amaranth
, which is brand-new and I was intending to draw a map for tonight (but that's not going to get done because I need to finish this chapter of Daydreamer); Terpsichore, which is fairly new; or the vampire one I've been sitting on for a few years now but I'm still not sure I want to start yet.

You should write a slashy fanfic for me instead. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces