Welcome to Gaia! ::

:ninja:

Says write! 1 100.0% [ 1532 ]
Total Votes:[ 1532 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 87 88 89 90 91 >

Barboxacon
Jasper Riddle
monotori67
Okay, I'm kinda confused. In this event you set a goal and try to finish it in three months?

That's the gist I got... sweatdrop
Yeah, that's pretty much it. It would be silly to join at this point, but there's always the genuine NaNoWriMo coming up.

I keep seeing these around and I've finally come to have a look, and am quite interested. Though, a bit late to join now.

I just notice here though "The genuine NaNoWriMo" is coming up. I think I recall seeing that last year, when is that being held?

From November 1st to November 31st. Sign up at www.NaNoWriMo.org during this coming October. (See sight for details!)
Okay! Will do! Thankyou ^^
Summer's almost over crying
Wow, I should have been looking around here a lot sooner.

My friend and I started doing a WriMo challenge at the Start of August, just for the sake of it, I suppose. I'm really enjoying it so far (except for sunday-tuesday, where I neglected it. I feel bad about that).

Anyway... Er... Hi! It's awesome to see other people on Gaia that are trying the same thing, and probably succeeding at it much better than me. wink

Do your best, everyone!

xT
I think I'm going to give up. Technically I'm right where I should be, but my book is at a really delicate state right now, and I'm going to need a couple days to figure it out. And if I stray from the goal, I might as well give up completely! ><
Ha!

I gave up after the first week. It was just two days ago, however, that I realized my writing skills aren't yet up to par with my dreams for Amaranth, which I now plan to be a trilogy instead of one book. I'm shelving the idea for a couple years, which is fine because my ultimate goal it to get published by the time I'm 25. I've got six years.

Thus, I'm scheming for the real NaNo and I started a short story yesterday.
Wow. eek I didn't expect for this many people to give up.

Heh, glad I'm not the only one. (Yes you may all smack me for saying that.) I'm dropping out because school starts in a week for me and my teachers will, without a doubt, be keeping me busy. I also lost my story when a virus wipped my computer's hard drive. I've got most of the chapters except for one which is the most important chapter so far and I really don't look forward to trying to write it from scratch again.

Oh well. I'll try again come November. I've got another idea that has been bouncing around in my head for quite a while.
I won this one last year with 75k - and then I went on to write an additional 160k more after that and before this started.

In other words, I was entitled to slack off.
omg I can't believe i found Gaia in July.. and found this in August crying

I guess I'll have to be here next year to join in !
radioactive alchemist
Ha!

I gave up after the first week. It was just two days ago, however, that I realized my writing skills aren't yet up to par with my dreams for Amaranth, which I now plan to be a trilogy instead of one book. I'm shelving the idea for a couple years, which is fine because my ultimate goal it to get published by the time I'm 25. I've got six years.

Thus, I'm scheming for the real NaNo and I started a short story yesterday.

i hear you there. it's not that i haven't written plenty.. just my WriMo piece got sort of shelved in there. sigh. someday.
radioactive alchemist
I won this one last year with 75k - and then I went on to write an additional 160k more after that and before this started.

In other words, I was entitled to slack off.

Well, I got fourty thousand now, and That was just in one month. I also finished my other novel in March. biggrin I hope that means I'm entitled to slack off a bit... sweatdrop

There is a book that I'm waiting to get started on writing too, but I'm not planning on getting it published.

I really wasn't planning on dropping out, but the book I am writing now might be good enough to get published one day, and I want to get the facts straight before I continue with it.

biggrin But I will do the November WriMo. razz If it turns out to be crappy, then munchingbeejuuyag! If it's good, then Hooray!

razz
gonk Augh. I've never heard of this before.

I was too scared to enter the Writer's Forum in case it was gone to pot like many of the other forums. I think that would have ruined my last bit of faith in humanity! But then, when I finally do come check it out.. I see stuff! I missed something awesome too - this!

;_; When's the next one?
you could do the real NanoWrimo... it's in November. but the kids on Gaia do their own WriMo every couple of months or so. if nothing else- there's always next summer...
Oh,joy. Right when I decied to join Gaia, spend all my time at the writers forum, I end up just missing this. Oh,well, like you said, theres always next summer.

Dapper Gaian

900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
*sighs*
Such a shame...
I can't believe I haven't been to this forum until now!
(Like a lot of you... sweatdrop )
Ah, well.
I won last year's NaNoWriMo with 51K, but this year I'm going to try my best to do even better.
I never did finish my story, so I might just start up on the word count where I left off...
(Meaning, do 50k more onto the story... or write a sequel.)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff