Welcome to Gaia! ::

don't even start with me in humieation crying crying crying crying crying my life sucks so much
My most embarrasing incident was when I was in first grade and we had a substitute teacher that day. Well, I got an itch in my nose and as I was scratching it the sub called me out and told everybody in the class what I was doing. I considered skipping school for the next month, but I got my revenge eventually: it was French class in fifth grade and I called her out on picking her nose. I got a detention out of that, but it was worth it. smile
embarassing situations are just a part of life we all have to deal with them. The best way to overcome them is to not dwell on them because thinking about it too much will just drive you crazy in the end : )
welllss
in the first day of my first grade year
i was messing around in the bathroom with the sink razz
and it like burst out and the water didnt stop and i ran up crying to my mom whos at the meeting with other parents [with their kids] at my classroom ._.;

Demonic Hunter

5,725 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Cashmere Cactus
User Image

High school is many things to many people, but I think we can all agree on one basic fact: beneath the thin façade of "education" and "socialization," it's mainly just a treacherous gauntlet of humiliation and indignity. Luckily, a little know-how will let you navigate the perils of teenage embarrassment with your soul mostly intact!

I've asked some of Gaia's most familiar faces about their most embarrassing moments and how they coped with the humiliation. As usual, we've been rewarded with some truly terrible advice...

User ImageSasha: I got stood up on prom night and it was totally the most embarrassing thing ever, but I'm totally over it now. Now I just, like, think back on it and laugh. Hahaha... heh... *sob*.... BAAAWWWWWW!

User ImageIan: I guess the most embarrassing thing was when I tripped over my shoelaces and fell down two flights of stairs on the first day of school. Everyone was laughing at me, but I just told myself, "hey, nobody knows me, nobody will remember this in a week." But they did, of course, and every time I walked down the hall, people would do impressions of my girlish screaming and flailing.

User ImageMoira: For some reason I decided to try out pole vaulting in gym class, and there was kind of an incident. I'm not gonna get into the whole story, but let's just say I spent the next two years walking sideways, like a crab. But if anyone looked at me funny, I'd just slap the taste out of their mouth.

User ImageEdmund: Ah, yes, I remember it well: in my biology class, I accidentally called my teacher "mom." If it happens to you, it's best to just cut your losses and move on. I transferred to another school and never looked back.

User ImageSam: I was kinda absent-minded, and I was always going to school with mismatched socks and backwards shirts and both feet through the same pant-leg. I mean, not all three at once, but... well, yeah, one time it was all at once. I just played it off by pretending to be crazy, and people mostly left me alone.

User ImageLiam: What? Nah, I've never been embarrassed, dude. Not once. Y'see, the trick to never being embarrassed is having no conscience, dignity or sense of shame. No shame, no pain, bro!

User ImageNatasha: One time I dropped a beaker full of hydrochloric acid on a kid's foot in chemistry class and it pretty much ate right through it. That was pretty embarrassing. I guess it ruined his basketball scholarship, too, but on the plus side it started my lifelong fascination with body modification, so it all worked out. I still see that guy sometimes, driving a hearse.

User ImageGino Gambino: I went to a private boarding school, so we all had to change into our pajamas in the dormitories. All the other boys used to make fun of my sunken chest. One time they held me down and took turns eating soup out of it. How did I deal with it? Oh, mostly by crying, I guess.

User ImageAgatha: I mispronounced the word "gabardine" while I was reading a poem in literature class. Everyone chuckled at me, and I just wanted to hide forever. I got my revenge, though... I got my revenge on all of them.

So, yeah... let's just pretend we never read that, shall we? Anyway, if you'd like to dish out some advice of your own on coping with embarrassing situations, please do!

=D yeah nyaa
We were required to learn to play the recorder in music class, and I am extremely prone to hiccups. I have hiccuped for 45 minutes strait. (At that point, you're crying, it hurts.)
I mean, -extremely-.

For weeks, until we got over the stupid recorder unit, there would be a horrible squeal from my recorder every few minutes, and if I smiled a bit (Duh, I was embarrassed!) the teacher thought I was doing it on purpose! I almost failed that unit because of hiccups. Go figure, neh?
In my best opinion.. they way to get rid of humiliation... Pretend it didnt happen.

i am always tripping ove cracks in sidewalks, or even my own feet.. Just get back up, laugh, then move on....

of course im the type to always draw attention to myself anyways. I once wore a pair of Black Angel wings to school just for the hell of it.. wasnt nothin special or anything..

13,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
If you're embarrassed, best not to react to the people making fun of you.

Laugh with them like it was nothing. When you're by yourself you can think about how bad it was, lol. You can get over it with time though!

Just don't give them an opportunity to keep using that scenario on you as a torment! (Well, they may recall it for a while but if you act like you don't care, it usually dies down)
I try not to get embarrased but it happens. I usually just try not to care what people think. Im a major goof ball not to mention a little ditzy so i say and do things sometimes that are just so stupid lol but when i start getting embarrased i just laugh with em and say something like dang could i be more a doofus and they laugh and tell me im not because i realized my mistake lol

Beloved Superhero

Death is the solution to all problems.

I'm Prefect. I don't ever worry about being embarrassed.
No man - no problem.
Joseph Stalin
Natasha Ftw heart
If u ever get imbaaressed whoever laughs at u just beat there faces is in "Now whos laughin!!"
4laugh sdfasdfasdfwed edsfawrnb fd aergqwesbv asegare aerfrtgwveedsf
if you get made fun of wait till after school and take care of the problem with care shoot them with co2 airsoft i did it once 100 yards if i recall
If I'm with friends, I just laugh at my stupidity but if I trip over and I'm on my own, I pick myself up and brush it off. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff