Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cashmere Cactus
User Image

High school is many things to many people, but I think we can all agree on one basic fact: beneath the thin façade of "education" and "socialization," it's mainly just a treacherous gauntlet of humiliation and indignity. Luckily, a little know-how will let you navigate the perils of teenage embarrassment with your soul mostly intact!

I've asked some of Gaia's most familiar faces about their most embarrassing moments and how they coped with the humiliation. As usual, we've been rewarded with some truly terrible advice...

User ImageSasha: I got stood up on prom night and it was totally the most embarrassing thing ever, but I'm totally over it now. Now I just, like, think back on it and laugh. Hahaha... heh... *sob*.... BAAAWWWWWW!

User ImageIan: I guess the most embarrassing thing was when I tripped over my shoelaces and fell down two flights of stairs on the first day of school. Everyone was laughing at me, but I just told myself, "hey, nobody knows me, nobody will remember this in a week." But they did, of course, and every time I walked down the hall, people would do impressions of my girlish screaming and flailing.

User ImageMoira: For some reason I decided to try out pole vaulting in gym class, and there was kind of an incident. I'm not gonna get into the whole story, but let's just say I spent the next two years walking sideways, like a crab. But if anyone looked at me funny, I'd just slap the taste out of their mouth.

User ImageEdmund: Ah, yes, I remember it well: in my biology class, I accidentally called my teacher "mom." If it happens to you, it's best to just cut your losses and move on. I transferred to another school and never looked back.

User ImageSam: I was kinda absent-minded, and I was always going to school with mismatched socks and backwards shirts and both feet through the same pant-leg. I mean, not all three at once, but... well, yeah, one time it was all at once. I just played it off by pretending to be crazy, and people mostly left me alone.

User ImageLiam: What? Nah, I've never been embarrassed, dude. Not once. Y'see, the trick to never being embarrassed is having no conscience, dignity or sense of shame. No shame, no pain, bro!

User ImageNatasha: One time I dropped a beaker full of hydrochloric acid on a kid's foot in chemistry class and it pretty much ate right through it. That was pretty embarrassing. I guess it ruined his basketball scholarship, too, but on the plus side it started my lifelong fascination with body modification, so it all worked out. I still see that guy sometimes, driving a hearse.

User ImageGino Gambino: I went to a private boarding school, so we all had to change into our pajamas in the dormitories. All the other boys used to make fun of my sunken chest. One time they held me down and took turns eating soup out of it. How did I deal with it? Oh, mostly by crying, I guess.

User ImageAgatha: I mispronounced the word "gabardine" while I was reading a poem in literature class. Everyone chuckled at me, and I just wanted to hide forever. I got my revenge, though... I got my revenge on all of them.

So, yeah... let's just pretend we never read that, shall we? Anyway, if you'd like to dish out some advice of your own on coping with embarrassing situations, please do!

Fell down the stairs while walking into Prom. Everyone saw my underwarre....

Angelic Rogue

9,300 Points
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
La Bella Ragazza
Hah... I think the most embarrassing thing that happened to me was my sophomore year in high school. I was having a really bad week, and the hits just kept coming. I'm not that good in Biology, and I got my grade for the quarter. Now that I look back it's not that bad of a grade. It was a C, but my mom always grounded me for less then perfect grades, so I went to my locker after class (which was 8th period and the end of the day) and I just broke down crying... in front of the entire marching band (we all have our lockers in the same wing to get ready for games and parades together) But thank god they we all kind about it and never brought it up again.

Oh there was another time in my junior year. It was the last day of school before Winter Break and the Director of the musical posted the cast list. My name wasn't on it, so i broke down crying (again). My friend Mike told me that I still had next year, that some seniors didn't get the part and they would never have another chance. Well at the time my dad was planning to move to Arizona and I was living with him. So I replied that I didn't have another shot. But he and Katie were so cool about it and gave me huge hugs and just held me until I calmed down.

Now I'm in college and I don't give a damn what happens. Go figure.

That's true. I remember reading something that said 'Ten years from now most of what we freak out about won't make any difference.'

Aged Codger

I've probably done a zillion embarassing things in school but most people just laugh and tease you a bit about it. Pretty harmless stuff. When the joke is on you, make sure you laugh too. wink
I would say running away's always a good idea >.>;;

Aged Lunatic

9,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
Heh... my most embarressing thing would have to be in science class. We were reviewing for a test and had to know the parts of a bird. The one for 'Croup' came up and I raised my hand, knowing the answer and blurted out 'Crotch' instead...

Whole class got a kick outta it... yeah it was embarrassing... but I was able to get half the class back later that day... we had football practice... twisted Gotta love those 1 on 1 drills. Both people lay on their backs, one is running the ball the other tries to stop them, and you do this in between two poles laid on the ground. Can't go outside the poles, or you have to do it again.

l l
l x l
l x l
l l

EDIT: Made it in to the 1st 10 pages, sweet!

Supreme Kitten

11,375 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Regular 100
DymondPryncess
Harllie Quin
DymondPryncess
oh gosh i remember once i fell off the bus in front of my school. and EVERYONE turned around at that EXACT moment..oh the humiliation!! gonk .....it was horrible they didnt even laugh right away everyone just stared eek and then all i heard was OOOOOOHHHHHHH......those bastards.....but i just larned to laugh at it...een though im dying on the inside

lol yeah. That happens to me on a weekly basis. The distance from the bottom bus step to the ground is way to far for people of short stature. I don't know how the elementary kids do it. eek

At least I don't have to climb in.... anymore.

I AGREE!!! and it didnt help that it was the dead of winter and there was slush and gross-ness on the ground. life is so unfair! lmao

It doesn't snow in the much here in the south, but it does rain. Alot.

I wear galoshes to school & keep extra clothes in my locker. blaugh

6,450 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
Doodle_Neko
Well, there was one time I was leaving class, but instead of walking to the door, I was hopping over desks. I happened to hop over the only desk for left handed people in the classroom when I fell, taking the desk down with me. I jumped back up, righted the desk, and walked the rest of the way out of the classroom with the teacher laughing. The students waiting around the door kept giving me funny looks.

lol teachers are assholes, i forget exactly wat i was doing but i know someone moved my chair before i sat down and the next thing i saw was my feet above my head and my math teacher couldnt even continue the lesson he was CRYING with how hard he was laughing....now that i think back on it....it was pretty funny.
I once, in year 6, fell and hit my heasd on the floor. It may sound normal but the bump i got from it was HUGE crying . I was Called '2-head Taliah' until it went down... Also I was riding a bike on my own in year 5 and crashed, got myself a black eye, and was called 'The Panda' for a month.
I fell a sleep during art class once, and when I woke up nothing seemed out of place. As I walked down the hallway, people were flat out laughing at me. I wondered: "Okay, do I have paint on my face or something?"
I went to the bathroom and saw that half of my face was painted red.
It was completely embarrassing, but even now I can still laugh about it myself!

Invisible Shapeshifter

11,100 Points
  • Athlete 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
I'm with Liam. Have no shame in your game, kids!

No shame, no pain. Act like a fruit cake and no one will ever have the chance of making you feel less than what you're worth. biggrin

Thats how I do it. Whoot whoot~
I lol'd.
If embarrassing things happen to me, I don't realize it. What embarrasses others, doesn't bother me. ._.

Melidichan's Wife

Fashionable Husband

i'm always the one embarrassing kids.

like, whenever someone farts in gym, yes i'm a sophomore in highschool,
i point and laugh at them.

i know, i'm worse then a kindergartner.
but, guess what, it's funny.

but, karma always comes back to bite me in the butt i suppose.
people make fun of me because of my immaturity towards farting.
but it's so darn funny.

i guess the most embarrassing moment in school was in 7th grade.
i'd recently gone from a size 13 to a size 3, and i was wearing my old pants.
one of my class mates tapped me on the shoulder and told me my pants had
fallen down.
thank goodness i was wearing my spandex shorts right?

Fashionable Consumer

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Gino's "soup" trauma sounds more weird than anything. Really really weird.

I think my worst moment probably involved a wig I liked wearing in 7th grade. After I so painstakingly went to the trouble of convincing everyone it was my real hair, it flipped off my head when I jumped up too fast.

6,450 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
Skate To Destory
wow lol these are cool

lol i knoo im actually having fun in this thread rofl

Friendly Explorer

5,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
Even when embarrasing stuff happens to me, i kinda just forget about it. I don't let people laugh at me, I laugh with them, and so therefore, I have about a gazillion inside jokes.

Yay! First ten pages!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces